(Topic ID: 209912)

Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?

By HighVoltage

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?”

• No, can't wait to see Ben's movie! 9 votes
      2%
    • No, that route is just not viable 70 votes
      15%
    • No, not a title I'm interested in 300 votes
      64%
    • Maybe, need to know more details, Ben should at least investigate 53 votes
      11%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $1000 to purchase 17 votes
      4%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $3000 to purchase 6 votes
      1%
    • Yes, I'd fully pre-pay. 16 votes
      3%

(471 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15192502897543443885419563107097 (resized).jpg
    15192501465922575417061063056060 (resized).jpg
    15192500660544410743452709228765 (resized).jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-shekels (resized).jpg
    The-Church-Lady (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BBE47437-A285-4EF4-83CD-030A5F353DEC (resized).jpeg
    south-park-safe-space (resized).jpg
    lrWQMV0.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    groucho-marx-eyebrows-gif-4.gif
    Touching (resized).jpg
    23xdr2 (resized).jpg
    There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 6 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

Though I wouldn’t risk placing them side by side.

Do It!

#302 6 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

I guess I’m weird, I’d gladly own both Bible Adventures and Playboy. .

They both could have a burning bush mode.

#303 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

They both could have a burning bush mode.

Haha oh snap!

#304 6 years ago

Maybe a good game for a route. When last ball drains a speaker hidden up top booms, “God here..Thou shall PLAY AGAIN!”.

#305 6 years ago

Btw here's our current prototype for the mini pinball custom kit with a generic theme "Castle Attack"

The main game area is filled with modular holes with clips that the walls snap into, clips can be rotated in 22.5 degree increments.

15192500660544410743452709228765 (resized).jpg15192500660544410743452709228765 (resized).jpg

15192501465922575417061063056060 (resized).jpg15192501465922575417061063056060 (resized).jpg

15192502897543443885419563107097 (resized).jpg15192502897543443885419563107097 (resized).jpg

#306 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Btw here's our current prototype for the mini pinball custom kit with a generic theme "Castle Attack"
    The main game area is filled with modular holes with clips that the walls snap into, clips can be rotated in 22.5 degree increments.

Seems like those clips are begging to be broken.

#307 6 years ago

This is a great out of the box type thinking....a game with changing shots. Can you port this into a full size game? Also maybe an upper playfield instead of ramps...?

#309 6 years ago

What size is the playfield on that modular minipin?

#310 6 years ago

I have a great theme for your mini pin benheck ... yeah right. ok make a home model pitch and bat game that dispenses trading cards, price it under $3k and you will have a winner. People enjoy playing baseball games and even if your cabinet size is smaller than a pinball footprint, it should be fine for PAB. The two models recently revealed by Dynamo cost almost $5k. Ah thanks but no thanks, but offer me one around $2.5k and my ears would perk up.

Game could still be retrofitted for route by adding a mech in the coin door and after inserting a 300 weight inside the cabinet (so save room for it). A pitch and bat is appealing because it offers cool toys, and all successful mechanical/electrical games have them by necessity. This one would be no different with - controllable pitches, ability to play head to head or solo, a controllable bat smashes a steel ball, controllable base stealing and finally, trading cards as the payoff. In between all that, the experience, sounds and callouts of a real contest including: men/monsters/zombies/ghosts moving around the bases and with active scoring and ball counts. It has everything one could hope for from a pitch and bat game, but would be available for the first time in new packaging and at an affordable price.

What do you say benheck would you consider making a Bible Adventures pinball, but agree to wait until after you make a pitch and bat for the masses? If done right, this might keep you busy making games for 5 years and that would afford you a chance to make BA in your off time. My2cents advice after deciding to move forward with BHPAB -> hire a professional to do ALL the artwork.

#311 6 years ago

I find pitch and bat to be laughably out of date, sorry.

RE: Bible yes I'd hire a real artist. I wonder if Alex Horley (RZ) would be game?

#312 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

You could theme it as an "OW, my balls!" game...definitely be laughing with that.

#313 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

As opposed to a book that was written millenniums ago? Long before our great, great, great, great, great grandparents were born. lol.

#314 6 years ago
    Quoted from boustrophedonic:

The question is "Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?" My answer is "no". But I would buy it. There's no option for "no, but I am interested in buying the machine" so I didn't vote. I'm not saying you'd get a different answer, but the OP asked the wrong question.

Yes, I selected the answers based on the assumption that the biggest problem would be getting it built, since Ben was separating from Spooky. But I was surprised and pleased to hear that Ben brushed that aside as not being an issue.

I was also wondering about the theme's appeal too. But you choose any theme, more often than not, over half the pinsiders are not interested in the theme. The only thing different with this one, is the theme is more polarizing so people are more passionate to say no. On the flip side, there are also some, like me, that have no interest in many of the existing themes like rock-based ones. I'm concluding the theme would not be the problem. Build it and they will come.

Finally, it seemed like Ben was burned out on Pinball, but glad to see he's chimed in here, and still has the passion for both pinball and his theme. There's still hope! I'm a true believer!

Quoted from zr11990:

I think some of you people are a bunch of babies and are way too sensitive for grown ass men. I am Christian and it didn’t bother
    me one bit. It doesn’t change my faith at all. Talk to God about it when you meet him if my faith is riotous. The Bible never says to get all pissy when someone rejects it. It says to knock the dust off you sandals and walk away. Having someone banned because you don’t like what they say is a bitch move in my opinion.

I like you pointing out the correct response. But I think someone might have that reaction because there definitely seems to be a double standard at play. A lot of people feel the need to chime in about their personal beliefs in opposition of this theme, but I'm betting it's not as acceptable if a believer went on the same way.

Quoted from Astropin:

I also have a strong background in religion..
    More specifically William K Clifford's 1877 - "The Ethics of Belief" http://people.brandeis.edu/~teuber/Clifford_ethics.pdf
    (Clifford's Principle) “It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone to believe anything on insufficient evidence.”
    (Clifford's Other Principle) “It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone to ignore evidence that is relevant to his beliefs, or to dismiss relevant evidence in a facile way.”

I'm also a scientist, and appreciate those same principles, but they've led me to a different conclusion. With overwhelming evidence of God's work in my life, I would have to be in complete denial to consider God might not exist.

#315 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

With overwhelming evidence of God's work in my life, I would have to be in complete denial to consider God might not exist.

God works miracles in the lives of wealthy People in Seattle Washington without a doubt.

Kids in famine stricken Africa don't get the same kind of service, it seems

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

People don't get it. Look, this theme does not have to pick sides. It doesn't have to be reverential OR satirical. Watch, Ben just described Noah's mode: Alright, at the end of the mode, regardless of how well you've done, the dinosaurs miss the boat and kangaroos are shown hopping their way from Mt. Ararat across SE Asia and off to Australia. This is an, "Ahh... Poor dinosaurs. Go you plucky marsupials!" faith affirming mystery moment for the devout, and a hilarious joke to atheists. All in one. It doesn't have to mock anyone.
    The stories that affirm the faith of appolgetics are the same exact things that atheists find ridiculous, even if you just treat the material literally.

You’re not getting it. Plenty of people on both sides of religion don’t want a game that has anything to do with the Bible.

#317 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

God works miracles in the lives of wealthy People in Seattle Washington without a doubt.

Sure he does. None of the African kids have fatal peanut allergies. The same can't be said of kids in Seattle. The Lord giveth and The Lord taketh away.

#318 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Finally, it seemed like Ben was burned out on Pinball, but glad to see he's chimed in here, and still has the passion for both pinball and his theme. There's still hope! I'm a true believer!

I'm not burned out on pinball, just Spooky.

#319 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Still managed a concise Sick Burn.

#320 6 years ago

There's a disappointing number of people on this thread who can't disassociate from their corner of the subject matter as an 'issue', either for or against as if it were an entirely unrelated separate poll, and see the project for what it's intended to be. I don't recall Charlton Heston ever facing the same problem with his movies.

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I don't recall Charlton Heston ever facing the same problem with his movies.

Planet Of The Apes?

#322 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Planet Of The Apes?

I mean, his biblical epics.

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

RE: Bible yes I'd hire a real artist. I wonder if Alex Horley (RZ) would be game?

Thanks for responding back, Ben. I can't help thinking those deep cabinets from JPOP could work really good for the PAB's you refuse to make.

#324 6 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

There's a disappointing number of people on this thread who can't disassociate from their corner of the subject matter as an 'issue', either for or against as if it were an entirely unrelated separate poll, and see the project for what it's intended to be. I don't recall Charlton Heston ever facing the same problem with his movies.

You just summed up the current state of America. 48 percent will like this game, what percentage would actually purchase is unknown.NIB Pinball is expensive.
    I like the Concept, would play it if available but cannot afford to purchase unless its a great game.

#325 6 years ago

Old testament would make some great material for a pin, and I am far from being religious.

Jericho mode : do the same orbit shot 7 times in a row would make a wall collapse (as the 3 standup targets in front of the Saucer in AFM for example). And so on.

#326 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Something good happens - It's His will.
    Something bad happens - He works in mysterious ways.

#327 6 years ago

I have an extremely well developed understanding of religion. This is probably not good. But who knows? I don't want to shut down the thread.

All that said my quarters would drop into an Ben heck bible adventure game. Like my quarters belonged there? I would certainly play it. Hell yes!

#328 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Ben- The mini pinball is the best idea ive seen in years. Modular, customize your own shots. Please put me on the imaginary preorder wait list.

#329 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At this point, you'd have to be rich or certifiably insane to "fund" the production of any pinball machine. I would think most people share that line of thinking these days.

Call me insane...

Years ago, I made an offer to a well known pinball company to 100% fund the production of their pinball machine and I was rudely told to, "Go to hell!"

I certainly won't be doing that again!

To this day, their pinball machine still has not seen the light of day!!!

#330 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Even though you said they don't pay well, move to JJP for a pin to see what the other company is like.

#331 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Even though you said they don't pay well, move to JJP for a pin to see what the other company is like.

It's not that Spooky doesn't pay well. The problem is there's no royalties to collect when your game is delayed to who knows when.

#332 6 years ago

There'll never be royalties, royalties, only sweat and blood.

That kind of lux just ain't for us,

We crave a different kind of buzz...

#333 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It's not that Spooky doesn't pay well. The problem is there's no royalties to collect when your game is delayed to who knows when.

Meant that jjp doesnt pay well, thought you said that awhile back.

#334 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Meant that jjp doesnt pay well, thought you said that awhile back.

I have no idea what they pay people these days.

#335 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

The Lord provides?

#336 6 years ago

Ideas:

Confession Video Mode: Confess your sins (on camera) for an extra ball.

Replace coin box with collection plate.

Ball Saver: Resurrection.. duh.

3 weeks later
    #337 6 years ago

Legendary rocker Alice Cooper credits Jesus with curing him of alcoholism

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/alice-cooper-religion-saved-article-1.3895181

Time to follow up "Nightmare Castle" with "Ben Heck's & Alice Cooper's Bible Adventures"?

Ben for the Old Testament and Alice for the new?

#338 6 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

Legendary rocker Alice Cooper credits Jesus with curing him of alcoholism

Well he famously had a preacher dad or whatever

There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-fund-ben-heck-bible-adventures/page/7?hl=bkbirge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.