(Topic ID: 209912)

Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?

By HighVoltage

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?”

• No, can't wait to see Ben's movie! 9 votes
      2%
    • No, that route is just not viable 70 votes
      15%
    • No, not a title I'm interested in 300 votes
      64%
    • Maybe, need to know more details, Ben should at least investigate 53 votes
      11%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $1000 to purchase 17 votes
      4%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $3000 to purchase 6 votes
      1%
    • Yes, I'd fully pre-pay. 16 votes
      3%

(471 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15192502897543443885419563107097 (resized).jpg
    15192501465922575417061063056060 (resized).jpg
    15192500660544410743452709228765 (resized).jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-shekels (resized).jpg
    The-Church-Lady (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BBE47437-A285-4EF4-83CD-030A5F353DEC (resized).jpeg
    south-park-safe-space (resized).jpg
    lrWQMV0.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    groucho-marx-eyebrows-gif-4.gif
    Touching (resized).jpg
    23xdr2 (resized).jpg

There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #152 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sammy31:

Yes he should have been ejected. Good call by the moderators.
    His comments attacked anyone that believes in religion.
    Saying you think the pinball theme is lame is
    one thing. But denigrating someones faith by calling it fictitious is another thing. I hope you can see the difference.

I think some of you people are a bunch of babies and are way too sensitive for grown ass men. I am Christian and it didn’t bother me one bit. It doesn’t change my faith at all. Talk to God about it when you meet him if my faith is riotous. The Bible never says to get all pissy when someone rejects it. It says to knock the dust off you sandals and walk away. Having someone banned because you don’t like what they say is a bitch move in my opinion.

#153 6 years ago

I guess the grey area here is we really need a solid definition of what religion is.

One definition is-

"a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance."

#154 6 years ago

Would Wrath of Olympus be considered a religous pin? Its based on gods and such.

#155 6 years ago

24ntof (resized).jpg24ntof (resized).jpg

#156 6 years ago

THICK SKIN (resized).jpgTHICK SKIN (resized).jpg

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They sent me to a Catholic military school and I'm not even Catholic. Heck, I don't even know what we were. Protestant, Presbyterian, Lutheran, who knows. We went to any and whatever churches were in the neighborhood.
    But that military school took us to a Jewish Synagogue on a field trip and I did take note of those rolled up scrolls.

Catholic school and you aren't Catholic then Military school. Only a few street fighting badasses in the public school I went to fit that description. One of them even layed out one of the tuff guy gym teachers. He was legendary!
    Is your real name Buddy Revell?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Catholic school and you aren't Catholic then Military school. Only a few street fighting badasses in the public school I went to fit that description.

Let's put it this way.

When the other kid's say "If you aren't Catholic, then what are you?" You probably best have a better answer than "Protestant, I think"

#159 6 years ago

Yeah, I like Ben but no thanks.

#160 6 years ago

I’d massively prefer his Tesla/Edison theme — that was originally his right? That’s one I’d put more $$ towards.. could be such a killer theme

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Catholic school and you aren't Catholic then Military school. Only a few street fighting badasses in the public school I went to fit that description. One of them even layed out one of the tuff guy gym teachers. He was legendary!
    Is your real name Buddy Revell?

I threw a guy through a school window once. Does that count for anything?

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I threw a guy through a school window once. Does that count for anything?

The son in law?

#163 6 years ago

I pissed off a couple nuns, does that count?

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Would Wrath of Olympus be considered a religious pin? Its based on gods and such.

Or "Jason and the Argonauts" .

#165 6 years ago

Is this game religious in nature? If so, I'm in trouble.

odin (resized).jpgodin (resized).jpg

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The son in law?

Lol I shoulda done that when I first met him but then I wouldn’t have JoJo. No,in high school some dipshit jumped into me because, believe it or not, someone told him I said something about his mother. He wouldn’t quit so I knocked him on the ground then picked him up and threw him into the window at the entrance of the school. He didn’t actually go through it but he was done. I have to be really angry before I fight and he just pissed me off in just the right way.

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I pissed off a couple nuns, does that count?

My father was sent to Catholic school and a nun went to smack him and he stabbed her in the tit with a pencil. He wasn’t in Catholic school anymore. True story, my grandmother was the one who told me the story.

#168 6 years ago

^A History of Violence.

#169 6 years ago

Re-title it Fire and Brimstone and get it out before Deeproot. Done and done.

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from WyseGuy:

^A History of Violence.

Gives me the "Blues".

nun.gifnun.gif

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Re-title it Fire and Brimstone and get it out before Deeproot. Done and done.

Or maybe Dante's Inferno? Bible Adventures just sounds so Sunday school.

#172 6 years ago

Doesn't surprise me, EVERYTHING that guy says is either stupid or a lie, or both.

Quoted from fisherdaman:

Never seen someone ejected that quickly. It's almost like religion is a touchy subject.

#173 6 years ago

SUPER offensive. Someone should pound a nail through you.

Quoted from Mr68:

Every playfield will be tested by some Roman pounding a nail through it.

#175 6 years ago

assholes just a pinch.jpgassholes just a pinch.jpg

#176 6 years ago

23xdr2 (resized).jpg23xdr2 (resized).jpg

#177 6 years ago

Touching (resized).jpgTouching (resized).jpg

#178 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I’d massively prefer his Tesla/Edison theme — that was originally his right? That’s one I’d put more $$ towards.. could be such a killer theme

I would imagine a license could be difficult assuming Edison and Tesla estates have licensing unlike Houdini.

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

IT WAS A DEEPROOT PLAYFIELD JOKE!!!

#181 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'm sensing an impending lock.

Just wait until somebody actually makes this game

groucho-marx-eyebrows-gif-4.gifgroucho-marx-eyebrows-gif-4.gif

#182 6 years ago

leave religion to the government

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

My father was sent to Catholic school and a nun went to smack him and he stabbed her in the tit with a pencil. He wasn’t in Catholic school anymore. True story, my grandmother was the one who told me the story.

Hahaha, yep there is no doubt in my mind that happened James!

#184 6 years ago

This can’t be real....can it?!?? Just wow. Nothing more to say.

#185 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I could imagine a license could be difficult assuming Edison and Tesla have licensing unlike Houdini.

Do they? I could see Edison as he put his name on everything but Tesla on the other hand was a pretty cool dude. Hmm now I’m curious

#186 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

My turrets comes out pretty bad while playing pinball.

Stones...thank you for your statement. I thought I was the only one that would go Coprolalia on machines. Totally understand. It is tough in crowds and I always stay away from tournaments.

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Having someone banned because you don’t like what they say is a bitch move in my opinion.

Thou speakest truth.

#188 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

but Deep Root nonsense had him reconsider.

Can you elaborate? Has Deeproot anything to do with ben ?

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

Check out the deep root thread.
    The pompous spokesperson was interviewed and stated they are working on a similar themed machine.

#190 6 years ago

No, but I'd definitely fund this pin:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

DR was interviewed by TWIP where they stated they were thinking of doing a very similar pinball as Ben. Turd move for sure.

http://thisweekinpinball.com (deeproot)

TWIP: About a year ago on Pinside, Ben Heck was discussing Bible Adventures and you mentioned “Already spoken for, friend”. Do you plan to make a Bible Adventures theme?

RM: So back in mid 2015 when I was working with Ben and Charlie, Ben wanted to do a Bible Adventures game and Charlie was like…no. So Ben and I started talking about ideas and it became clear that we had two very different takes on the theme. I have not spoken to Ben since. About a year ago, I started designing Fire & Brimstone layout, mechs, and rulesets. It will be the first religious pinball of its kind. We have partnered with Kingstone for the artwork and collaborative Christian marketing. We wanted a grittier take on the Old Testament stories that Kingstone has done so well with. We intend for Fire & Brimstone to be enjoyed by people of all denominations or faiths (Christian, Non-Denominational, Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, LDS), or no faith at all.

TWIP: Will Fire and Brimstone be deeproot’s first title?

RM: We won’t have a ‘first’ title in that sense. Our primary priority is making great games internally, then taking care of the Zidware customers, then launch.

TWIP: You are the designer?

RM: I came up with and have spearheaded the design, but a lot of elements have been very collaborative. I have intentionally enforced a very collaborative environment here. I don’t want the old secretive, cutthroat WB dysfunction in our organization.

TWIP: Is it a “mode based” game, playing through different stories from the Old Testament?

RM: I hope everyone will be able to play it in the way that most satisfies them.

TWIP: Did you see the recent picture Ben Heck posted in the Pinside Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion thread of a foam core with a rotating scoop?

RM: Yes. We have already come up with some similar elements, and many more. I look forward to seeing what Ben can do with his version. He’s a brilliant and talented guy.

lrWQMV0.giflrWQMV0.gif

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Someone needs a safe space....

south-park-safe-space (resized).jpgsouth-park-safe-space (resized).jpg

#193 6 years ago

Whatever JPOP and the assholes at Deep Root do won’t compare to Ben. I would love to see the Red Sea mech Ben designed

#194 6 years ago

With many of us being on Ben's side of this situation with DR, I wonder how will DR sell the machine if no one buys it because we are faithful to @benheck.
    -Mike

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

With many of us being on Ben's side of this situation with DR, I wonder how will DR sell the machine if no one buys it because we are faithful to benheck.
    -Mike

They've got to make the machine first before they can sell it...

#196 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

With many of us being on Ben's side of this situation with DR, I wonder how will DR sell the machine if no one buys it because we are faithful to benheck.
    -Mike

Same as how everyone bitches about code and price increases with decreased quality of Stern's then line up to buy them when they are announced

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

They've got to make the machine first before they can sell it...

Truth. Deeproot is selling hot air.

#198 6 years ago

As per the poll, unless there is some miraculous turnaround this is gonna be a looser.

Although, I have an oil stain in my driveway that looks like an image of pinball machine--so that may be a good omen...

#199 6 years ago

Perhaps Deeproot spared Ben wasting his time on this if the market isn’t there.

#200 6 years ago

Bible would sell less than Jetsons.

There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-fund-ben-heck-bible-adventures/page/4?hl=bkbirge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.