(Topic ID: 209912)

Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?

By HighVoltage

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?”

• No, can't wait to see Ben's movie! 9 votes
      2%
    • No, that route is just not viable 70 votes
      15%
    • No, not a title I'm interested in 300 votes
      64%
    • Maybe, need to know more details, Ben should at least investigate 53 votes
      11%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $1000 to purchase 17 votes
      4%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $3000 to purchase 6 votes
      1%
    • Yes, I'd fully pre-pay. 16 votes
      3%

(471 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15192502897543443885419563107097 (resized).jpg
    15192501465922575417061063056060 (resized).jpg
    15192500660544410743452709228765 (resized).jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-shekels (resized).jpg
    The-Church-Lady (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BBE47437-A285-4EF4-83CD-030A5F353DEC (resized).jpeg
    south-park-safe-space (resized).jpg
    lrWQMV0.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    groucho-marx-eyebrows-gif-4.gif
    Touching (resized).jpg
    23xdr2 (resized).jpg
    There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I guess you missed the part that this game would have nothing to do with the new testament and only provides compatibility with the Jewish faith.

The atorah is only the first 3 books of the Old Testament. But I guess most know that.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There are over 7 billion people on the planet that identify as humans. That's a decent size potential audience for a pin.

If there are people who want a Alice Cooper or Iron Maiden pin then I do not see why a Bible themed pin would not sell. Out of that 7 billion people on Earth I believe the Christian religion is the largest at around 2.5 billion. Not all themes are for everybody.

#103 6 years ago

There is a fine line here, the potential theme being religious and all. But that doesn't give license to bash a religion on this site. Keep the thread professional and on topic.

I am not religious, but I see that the theme has potential for many modes since there are many events in the Bible which are numbers based. Plus many other stories, fables or what have you to work with. The old testament is like reading the Silmarillian, lots of death and destruction. Depending on layout, it could be fun.

You may not like the theme, but there are millions of Christians out there. Some of them throw stupid money at things I think are just plain silly. Its as if their faith is a hobby. Anyway, there is a large population who are not Pinballers or Pinsiders who will probably buy this thing.

As far as funding it? I am not pre-ordering or funding any game. I learn from others mistakes.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

The atorah is only the first 3 books of the Old Testament. But I guess most know that.

They sent me to a Catholic military school and I'm not even Catholic. Heck, I don't even know what we were. Protestant, Presbyterian, Lutheran, who knows. We went to any and whatever churches were in the neighborhood.

But that military school took us to a Jewish Synagogue on a field trip and I did take note of those rolled up scrolls.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They sent me to a Catholic military school and I'm not even Catholic. Heck, I don't even know what we were. Protestant, Presbyterian, Lutheran, who knows. We went to any and whatever churches were in the neighborhood.
    But that military school took us to a Jewish Synagogue on a field trip and I did take note of those rolled up scrolls.

I think you are a charismatic. I think it started in Las Angeles.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

There is a fine line here, the potential theme being religious and all

it is a theme based on one of the most widely know fiction books ever and the stories of those fictional works.

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I think you are a charismatic. I think it started in Las Angeles.

What started in the LA area was one Sunday it was over 100 degrees out and that wool suit I wore to church was very uncomfortable.

#108 6 years ago

Sodom and Gomorrah Mode: (Basically Wizard Mode - Your Last One)

Machine bursts into brimstone and fire, and as you watch you turn into a pillar of salt.

#109 6 years ago

Tower of Babel add a ball mode.

Where people keep adding comments, but nobody understands any of it.

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

it is a theme based on one of the most widely know fiction books ever and the stories of those fictional works.

Never seen someone ejected that quickly. It's almost like religion is a touchy subject.

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly (resized).jpgAnchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly (resized).jpg

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

It's almost like religion is a touchy subject.

Funny, I didn't see him mention religion at all.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I can think of about 8,347 better themes.... unless it’s totally mocking the Bible...then put me down for 2.

I think it'd be better to have the same exact playfield, with the same exact modes, but with two completely different voice and sound environments, one for young earth creationists, one for athiests. The fact that this would be totally doable is commentary in itself.

You could even have an Afterlife wizard mode where you die and find out however you've set your game was completely wrong.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Sodom and Gomorrah Mode: (Basically Wizard Mode - Your Last One)
    Machine bursts into brimstone and fire, and as you watch you turn into a pillar of salt.

Funny. That's not what I immediately pictured for Sodom and Gomorrah mode.

Just sayin...

#113 6 years ago

Can't talk about religion, only about a pinball machine about religion.

I'm going to start designing my gun control pinball machine... Humm.....

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Can't talk about religion, only about a pinball machine about religion.
    I'm going to start designing my gun control pinball machine... Humm.....

Apparently if he had said it was non-fiction, or not said at all, it wouldn't have been eject-worthy?

#115 6 years ago

Be careful when discussing Monday Night Football. Especially if you belong to the Church of Monday Night Football.

s-l225 (resized).jpgs-l225 (resized).jpg

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

The Torah is actually the first 5 books of the Old Testament. While Jews believe that is the most important stuff, the rest of the Old Testament counts too.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Never seen someone ejected that quickly.

Personalised service for the needy.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Never seen someone ejected that quickly. It's almost like religion is a touchy subject.

I mean in that case shouldn't this whole thread be ejected? Whysnow's post was no more "religious" than any other in this thread. If it was I missed it.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

The Torah is actually the first 5 books of the Old Testament. While Jews believe that is the most important stuff, the rest of the Old Testament counts too.

And all this time I thought they were about the Germans attacking Pearl Harbor.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#120 6 years ago

It is a shame that some people can't separate this theme from a particular religion.

The Old Testament stories are so much more than any one religion, and I am not religious at all.

My recommendation is don't let your faith (or lack thereof) lead you to bias in this thread.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I mean in that case shouldn't this whole thread be ejected? Whysnow's post was no more "religious" than any other in this thread. If it was I missed it.

I don't think he should've been ejected. Pinside should add a feature where if you are ejected but your comment gets a bunch of likes you are resurrected.

#122 6 years ago

I'm trying to figure out why I got thumbs down to this comment.

Quoted from Mr68:

Every playfield will be tested by some Roman pounding a nail through it.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

don't let your faith lead you to bias in this thread.

I have faith in whatever the moderators decide.

#124 6 years ago

Man I'd love to join in the fun but I'm on a short leash these days. Carry on, I shall thumbs up from the sidelines!

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'm trying to figure out why I got thumbs down to this comment.

Put the pipe down you Boulder hippee and maybe you can figure it out!

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

It is a shame that some people can't separate this theme from a particular religion.
    The Old Testament stories are so much more than any one religion, and I am not religious at all.
    My recommendation is don't let your faith (or lack thereof) lead you to bias in this thread.

This thread is no different than any other theme speculation thread. I think the Bon jovi thread had much more hate.

#127 6 years ago

Elisha & the Bears Multi-ball

Hit the drop targets to spell "GO UP, YOU BALDHEAD!" to start a two ball multi-ball (one for each bear) where you have to hit any of the 42 randomly flashing inserts (each representing a kid mauled by a bear) to get a truly divine bonus.

Go up, you baldhead!Go up, you baldhead!

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You mean the dead sea scrolls that pretty much agreed with the Old Testament? Never seen em.

#129 6 years ago

Pretty sure Hilton has already started a moderator feedback thread

#130 6 years ago

Do you guys believe in the theme on which this pinball is based?

#131 6 years ago

24njo5 (resized).jpg24njo5 (resized).jpg

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man I'd love to join in the fun but I'm on a short leash these days. Carry on, I shall thumbs up from the sidelines!

Chicken

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Pretty sure Hilton has already started a moderator feedback thread

How does he juggle them all at once?

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

... I think the Bon jovi thread had much more hate...

Yes but all religions held hands in the hatred of that pin so it's a tad diff'rent.

#135 6 years ago

You've been trying to get me banned for years!!!!!!!

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes but all religions held hands in the hatred of that pin so it's a tad diff'rent.

I feel like Bon Jovi has no gimmick for a pin. Their music is great they do don’t need one.

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Have not. You are actually one of my favorite people on here.

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let's be honest here Levi.. if neither you nor I has gotten banned for the things we've said over the years...I don't think we're at substantial risk here...lol.

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I feel like Bon Jovi has no gimmick for a pin. Their music is great they do don’t need one.

Think Ben could license "Living on a Prayer" for the game?

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Bon Jovi has no gimmick for a pin. Their music is great they do don’t need one.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#141 6 years ago

I would buy this machine in a heartbeat on the condition that he releases it under the name Ben Hell.

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I don't think he should've been ejected. Pinside should add a feature where if you are ejected but your comment gets a bunch of likes you are resurrected.

Yes he should have been ejected. Good call by the moderators.
    His comments attacked anyone that believes in religion.
    Saying you think the pinball theme is lame is
    one thing. But denigrating someones faith by calling it fictitious is another thing. I hope you can see the difference.

#143 6 years ago

So to get this thread back on topic.

150610165223-sunday-stickup-illustration-super-169 (resized).jpg150610165223-sunday-stickup-illustration-super-169 (resized).jpg

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sammy31:

Yes he should have been ejected. Good call by the moderators.
    His comments attacked anyone that believes in religion.
    Saying you think the pinball theme is lame is
    one thing. But denigrating someones faith by calling it fictitious is another thing. I hope you can see the difference.

I get what you're saying but others were promoting or defending religious comments here and with no penalty. Isn't that the same thing?

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I'll say this to everyone in this thread. Believing or not believing in something is your business.
    Disparaging Christianity is something you should be better than.
    There are over 2 billion people on the planet that identify as Christians. That's a descent size potential audience for a pin.

if you can't laugh at yourself...

#146 6 years ago

dear lord john george (resized).jpgdear lord john george (resized).jpg

#148 6 years ago

It's a weird on because the religion of pre-paying for games was thought to be crufified but when you least expect it shall rise again.

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a weird on because the religion of pre-paying for games was thought to be crufified but when you least expect it shall rise again.

It's called pre-praying....

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nothing get's crucified until after the guilty get stoned.

There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-fund-ben-heck-bible-adventures/page/3?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.