(Topic ID: 209912)

Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?

By HighVoltage

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you fund Ben Heck Bible Adventures?”

• No, can't wait to see Ben's movie! 9 votes
      2%
    • No, that route is just not viable 70 votes
      15%
    • No, not a title I'm interested in 300 votes
      64%
    • Maybe, need to know more details, Ben should at least investigate 53 votes
      11%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $1000 to purchase 17 votes
      4%
    • Yes, I'd pre-fund max of $3000 to purchase 6 votes
      1%
    • Yes, I'd fully pre-pay. 16 votes
      3%

(471 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15192502897543443885419563107097 (resized).jpg
    15192501465922575417061063056060 (resized).jpg
    15192500660544410743452709228765 (resized).jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-shekels (resized).jpg
    The-Church-Lady (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BBE47437-A285-4EF4-83CD-030A5F353DEC (resized).jpeg
    south-park-safe-space (resized).jpg
    lrWQMV0.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    groucho-marx-eyebrows-gif-4.gif
    Touching (resized).jpg
    23xdr2 (resized).jpg
    There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I don't need people to fund the development of a game. I'd just need people to buy it.

I'd buy one

#52 6 years ago

I hope stern contracts Ben!

#53 6 years ago

snakes and ribs (resized).jpgsnakes and ribs (resized).jpg

#54 6 years ago

If it did get crowd funded it and nothing ever came of it, I'm sure everybody that did would all be out for a pound of flesh.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If it did get crowd funded it and nothing ever came of it, I'm sure everybody that did would all be out for a pound of flesh.

i see-what-you-did-there1 (resized).jpgi see-what-you-did-there1 (resized).jpg

#56 6 years ago

I would go for a Monty Python Bible but thats about it.

#57 6 years ago

I totally support Ben, but I don't think I could do a Bible Adventures theme pin. My turrets comes out pretty bad while playing pinball. I would constantly flinch every time I say "Oh, Fak!" the ball drains on Christ has risen multiball. Also, not sure how it would look next to my Metallica.....

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I assumed that it started a bit tongue and cheek, but then as people really started thinking about it the more it sounded like a perfectly viable theme.

Anyone else think it would be ironic if this pin was at a bar or barcade?

#59 6 years ago

I think if Ben would do this, he would nail it!

pun intended

#60 6 years ago

Tastefully done, the theme has great potential...could see it along the lines of a TOTAN type story line...

#61 6 years ago

I'd never help fund a theme like that, I will leave my opinions about THe Bible to myself, but it is far from positive.

#62 6 years ago

Interesting that the poll shows 2/3 of pinsiders dont like the theme...

#63 6 years ago

The pin should have a Jehovah witness style attract mode where it tries really hard to get you to play the game.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sammy31:

Tastefully done, the theme has great potential...could see it along the lines of a TOTAN type story line...

Good idea! If true to the Old Testament stories, even violently, surely some larger Church and Synagogue’s would purchase the game for their youth group areas. Who knows, it might surprise us.

#65 6 years ago

stupidpinballtheme (resized).jpgstupidpinballtheme (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago

young moses 2 (resized).jpgyoung moses 2 (resized).jpg

#67 6 years ago

I would certainly be interested and if I could see what it looked led like and I liked it. After all the major pooch screws pertaining to pre ordering pins I would never pay up front again even to Ben Heck and he is a great guy cuz shit happens

#68 6 years ago

I now doubt this will ever get done, so I may just re theme a Diner into a Jewish Delicatessen and be done with it.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I don't need people to fund the development of a game. I'd just need people to buy it.
    And yes, the theme is not a joke. I really think it would make a fantastic ruleset.

I was laughing all these years about it and it isn’t a joke?

Now that’s funny!

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I now doubt this will ever get done, so I may just re theme a Diner into a Jewish Delicatessen and be done with it.

WHo can forget the final words of Blofeld?

"I'll give you a delicatessen...in stainless steel!!!"

#71 6 years ago

Every playfield will be tested by some Roman pounding a nail through it.

#72 6 years ago

Kill your first born mode...

#73 6 years ago

Garden of Eden mini playfield that casts you out onto the main playfield.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At this point, you'd have to be rich or certifiably insane to "fund" the production of any pinball machine. I would think most people share that line of thinking these days.

Some-what of an Example:
    Aaron Spelling pinball...converted from a Lethal Weapon 3. Crazy and strange, but interesting.
    That being said, I'd throw a bunch of quarters at a Bible pinball machine if ever presented in front of me.
    134 (resized).jpg134 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago

Eat Eve's apple mode.

#76 6 years ago

This would be great in the Creation Museum. I'd put it right beside the display of the little girl petting the T-Rex.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

This would be great in the Creation Museum. I'd put it right beside the display of the little girl petting the T-Rex.

I thought dinosaurs never existed and their bones are just there to tempt your faith?

#78 6 years ago

I'd like to see one next to a Gorgar.

Talk about the ultimate theme opposites.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I can think of about 8,347 better themes.... unless it’s totally mocking the Bible...then put me down for 2.

I need a map of the US and the location for each up/down vote on this one.

I thought it was a joke at first but I guess it's real <--- shooter lane pics.

#80 6 years ago

not even a theme I would consider even if it ends up being the best playing game of all time ...

#81 6 years ago

I'd be in on one

#82 6 years ago

baby jesus bath (resized).jpgbaby jesus bath (resized).jpg

#83 6 years ago

I only buy family friendly games, and I'd rather not have the wifey or kids exposed to such a violent theme.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I'd be in on one

If the poll is any indication then you may have to build it yourself.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

If the poll is any indication then you may have to build it yourself.

Myself and 46 others potentially, from the poll.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I can think of about 8,347 better themes.... unless it’s totally mocking the Bible...then put me down for 2.

Throw in a few Easter egg MONTY Python quotes from Life of Brian
    And I'm in!
    "Jesus Christ stop Picking your nose!"
    "You've got a nose like a cod!"
    Funny stuff that never gets old.

#87 6 years ago

I'll say this to everyone in this thread. Believing or not believing in something is your business.

Disparaging Christianity is something you should be better than.

There are over 2 billion people on the planet that identify as Christians. That's a descent size potential audience for a pin.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

Disparaging Christianity is something you should be better than.

There are over 2 billion people on the planet that identify as Christians. That's a descent size potential audience for a pin.

I guess you missed the part that this game would have nothing to do with the new testament and only provides compatibility with the Jewish faith.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I totally support Ben, but I don't think I could do a Bible Adventures theme pin. My turrets comes out pretty bad while playing pinball. I would constantly flinch every time I say "Oh, Fak!" the ball drains on Christ has risen multiball. Also, not sure how it would look next to my Metallica.....

I believe Ben said the game would be only the Old Testament so you should not worry about such a feature in the game.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I guessed you missed the part about this game would have nothing to do with the new testament and only provides compatibility with the Jewish faith.

That makes no sense. Christianity has everything to do with the Old Testament as well. It's a part of every Christian Bible.

I'm addressing comments made in this thread.

#91 6 years ago

from another thread:

Quoted from benheck:

Hey that passover shot idea is great. See how easy it is to think of stuff for this game?
    And yes, Bible Adventures has nothing to do with religion. It's all about the events.
    It's also Old Testament only, skips new and goes right to Revelations for End Times Wizard Mode.
    It needs something that WOOLY lacked and that's a sense of "badassery". My take would be "God of War meets the Old Testament".

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

That makes no sense. Christianity has everything to do with the Old Testament as well. It's a part of every Christian Bible.
    I'm addressing comments made in this thread.

Edit:

If you makes you feel better, I'll add that people should not make disparaging comments about the Judeo-Christian faiths. Again, people can believe whatever they want to believe, but comments made here cross the line of what Pinside is supposed to be about.

#93 6 years ago

I make disparaging comments about all faiths...just ask my wife.

#94 6 years ago

Purgatory Ben and his Holy Ghosts.

zzzzzzpop@zidware-e1319918622247 (resized).jpgzzzzzzpop@zidware-e1319918622247 (resized).jpg

#95 6 years ago

BA started out as a joke idea, but the more we joked and laughed about it the more we realized it would make a fantastic game.

I've explained this on many, many occasions. But yes, it would be "God of War Meets the Bible".

There could be jokes but they can't be at the expense of / in contradiction to the source material.

For instance, to continue our tradition of putting Road House lines in every game, Goliath could say to David "I thought you'd be bigger"

#96 6 years ago

Originally I thought there would be no four horsemen, which kind of left me cold. But this has given me a whole new interest in this project.

Quoted from benheck:

goes right to Revelations for End Times Wizard Mode.

f6edaf416eedfdb8714ae49cc6a630acf755c544 (resized).jpgf6edaf416eedfdb8714ae49cc6a630acf755c544 (resized).jpg

#97 6 years ago

That would be an awesome backglass.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

That would be an awesome backglass.

That's what I had said in the original thread, but somebody shot me down saying it could not be included.

Now I am seeing the light!

#99 6 years ago

I'm not sure if I thought this theme was a joke or not, but it doesn't make any sense to me. I'm Catholic, but I can't think of any religious pinball machine that would interest me and there would be risk I'd be offended if there was a Jesus bash toy.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

There are over 7 billion people on the planet that identify as humans. That's a decent size potential audience for a pin.

There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-fund-ben-heck-bible-adventures/page/2?hl=bkbirge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.