(Topic ID: 256088)

Would you expect a seller to actively disclose this damage?

By spblat

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Cozmos001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Your thoughts?”

• Wow. Really not ok. Seller needs to make it right somehow. 40 votes
      41%
    • Ehh. If everything else is fine with the game(s), let it go. 41 votes
      42%
    • This thread is dumb 17 votes
      17%

(98 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9C16D317-CFDA-467C-9167-153032450BE2 (resized).jpeg
    82EC0265-4A95-497D-A1A6-8D557C23CC43 (resized).jpeg
    EBC83225-DC0D-4CEB-8D2C-28461579BC32 (resized).jpeg
    88303E36-B2D5-4704-9FE4-6F76CA9E71FB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

I would expect it to be disclosed and I would if I was the seller, but it's also fairly minor. Based on the wood putty on the corner it looks like it happened a while ago. An honest seller might forget about it since it is out of sight when the machine is set up.

How big of a deal is it for you? How much less do you value the machine because of this?

Also, how was the machine described/advertised?

EDIT: ^^^ he beat me to it

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cozmos001:

I feel your pain. This happened to me twice.
    Met two nice sellers here with good reps.
    Rented a van and drove 3 hours for each.
    I felt as though the pins did not need an extra long exam and testing because the sellers mentioned pinside, had a good rep here, clearly knew about pins because they both owned over a dozen pins each and had pinball parts filed to the ceiling. How could I go wrong i was paying market value and expected a market value product. I was wrong.
    Here I learned.
    Unless you buy new from factory or a reputable experienced dealer with lifetime support, expect problems with your machine that you'll have to fox yourself and always ALWAYS RUN ALL TESTS, CHECK ALL COMPONANTS AND SMELL FOR MOLD BEFORE YOU BUY!!
    That said... I'd send a message to seller and tell him to return 500 bucks off or you'll dump it on his front lawn with a bill or a subpoena. His choice.

$500 for the damage the op pointed out? Lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-expect-a-seller-to-actively-disclose-this-damage?tu=herbertbsharp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.