(Topic ID: 256088)

Would you expect a seller to actively disclose this damage?

By spblat

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Cozmos001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Your thoughts?”

• Wow. Really not ok. Seller needs to make it right somehow. 40 votes
      41%
    • Ehh. If everything else is fine with the game(s), let it go. 40 votes
      41%
    • This thread is dumb 17 votes
      18%

(97 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C16D317-CFDA-467C-9167-153032450BE2 (resized).jpeg
    82EC0265-4A95-497D-A1A6-8D557C23CC43 (resized).jpeg
    EBC83225-DC0D-4CEB-8D2C-28461579BC32 (resized).jpeg
    88303E36-B2D5-4704-9FE4-6F76CA9E71FB (resized).jpeg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 months ago

Does it really matter?

I could see how that would go unnoticed.

It doesn’t affect game play it’s not visible and it still secures the head of the machine.

Judging by the condition this really shouldn’t be an issue

Remember it’s just a pinball machine after all.

#52 7 months ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

Does it really matter?

Sure, now when/if this guy sells/trades the game, it matters to the next guy. Might take longer or might sell for less because it's now worth less in the eyes of the next potential buyer.

#53 7 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Sure, now when/if this guy sells/trades the game, it matters to the next guy. Might take longer or might sell for less because it's now worth less in the eyes of the next potential buyer.

I'm sure anyone buying a player's condition Pinbot missing the dome isn't expecting all that much - it was already a pretty low-value pin. This machine clearly had a pretty hard 33 years. We're not talking a newer pin or a collector's condition old pin. The damage is dumb and bad not being disclosed, but it's not really moving the needle on resale compared to the other negatives it has already.

#54 7 months ago

I feel your pain. This happened to me twice.
    Met two nice sellers here with good reps.
    Rented a van and drove 3 hours for each.
    I felt as though the pins did not need an extra long exam and testing because the sellers mentioned pinside, had a good rep here, clearly knew about pins because they both owned over a dozen pins each and had pinball parts filed to the ceiling. How could I go wrong i was paying market value and expected a market value product. I was wrong.
    Here I learned.
    Unless you buy new from factory or a reputable experienced dealer with lifetime support, expect problems with your machine that you'll have to fox yourself and always ALWAYS RUN ALL TESTS, CHECK ALL COMPONANTS AND SMELL FOR MOLD BEFORE YOU BUY!!
    That said... I'd send a message to seller and tell him to return 500 bucks off or you'll dump it on his front lawn with a bill or a subpoena. His choice.

#55 7 months ago
    Quoted from vireland:

I'm sure anyone buying a player's condition Pinbot missing the dome isn't expecting all that much - it was already a pretty low-value pin. This machine clearly had a pretty hard 33 years. We're not talking a newer pin or a collector's condition old pin. The damage is dumb and bad not being disclosed, but it's not really moving the needle on resale compared to the other negatives it has already.

I have no idea what the game is or the condition of it. I’m going off of the original post and photos.

#56 7 months ago

The amount of disclosure that I expect is directly proportional to how far I have to go to get the game.

#57 7 months ago
    Quoted from Cozmos001:

That said... I'd send a message to seller and tell him to return 500 bucks off or you'll dump it on his front lawn with a bill or a subpoena. His choice.

Lol. How do you know he didn't already try this and was told to pound sand and that's why he started this BS thread. Cause I'm going to give you $500? Right

If you have a problem with someone contact them directly before starting a I'm not happy with my purchase thread

#58 7 months ago
    Quoted from Cozmos001:

I feel your pain. This happened to me twice.
    Met two nice sellers here with good reps.
    Rented a van and drove 3 hours for each.
    I felt as though the pins did not need an extra long exam and testing because the sellers mentioned pinside, had a good rep here, clearly knew about pins because they both owned over a dozen pins each and had pinball parts filed to the ceiling. How could I go wrong i was paying market value and expected a market value product. I was wrong.
    Here I learned.
    Unless you buy new from factory or a reputable experienced dealer with lifetime support, expect problems with your machine that you'll have to fox yourself and always ALWAYS RUN ALL TESTS, CHECK ALL COMPONANTS AND SMELL FOR MOLD BEFORE YOU BUY!!

$500 for the damage the op pointed out? Lol

#59 7 months ago

I agree with everyone: seller should disclose everything. But, anyone that's been in the hobby for any length of time knows that there are quite a few folks out there that will lie about and gloss over issues. I've been screwed twice... once by someone who actively sells on this site all the time. In fact, the crap this guy pulled happened to him (with the same machine when he bought it), and I later found a thread on Pinside where he was explicitly bitching about the undisclosed issues he found when he bought the game! No joke.

In hindsight, the real issue is my willingness to accept someone's word without 100% verification. Sucks to say that, but once you get screwed a few times, it becomes really obvious that – as a buyer – it's your responsibility to completely check over a game before you hand over cash.

#60 7 months ago

Yes it should have been disclosed.. which the OP would have purchased anyways at the agreed upon price even if it was disclosed.

So not much else to talk about. Maybe the original seller forgot about it being setup for sometime, could have been an honest mistake.

I would have disclosed, don't need someone banging on my door complaining about something after the fact.

#61 7 months ago

Yup, he pulled a fast one on ya.........off with his head!

#62 7 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I have no idea what the game is or the condition of it. I’m going off of the original post and photos.

You can tell it's a pinbot from the art in the pictures. And looking at the marketplace archive, it's pretty clear which pinbot it is. It's not a machine this kind of issue would be a surprise, IMO. Not super cool, but people who think they're getting another $500 off are crazy.

#63 7 months ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

$500 for the damage the op pointed out? Lol

It's a start!

#64 7 months ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Lol. How do you know he didn't already try this and was told to pound sand and that's why he started this BS thread. Cause I'm going to give you $500? Right
    If you have a problem with someone contact them directly before starting a I'm not happy with my purchase thread

Perhaps the if the seller has the balls to sell junk why not have the balls to start a" sucker born every minute thread?" Lol ! Let's put it this way. I agree about contacting the seller first and wrong if I assumed he did, but I do appreciate others sharing their experiences honestly without fear of getting ganged up against by garage pinball quacks.
    Good luck OP there is no prize being Mr. Nice guy. Business is business

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 170.96
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 89.99
    $ 32.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 65.00
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside