Linked Games

Topic poll

“SS for Met Prem?”

• Keep Scared Stiff 24 votes
    65%
  • Trade SS for Met Premium 13 votes
    35%

(37 votes)

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

And no this doesn't mean I'm planning to get rid of anything.

I had an interesting offer and am just pondering. I have a super clean scared stiff. I like it. A lot.
Was offered a nib met premium.

Or I could take my Afm proceeds and keep scared stiff and buy a premium.

It's funny I happen to love the bw machines. I love the themes and I love working on them. But something to be said for playing the sterns. My tron gets more play then anything in my stable.

#2 10 years ago

Scared Stiff getting hard to find. MeLE not so much.

#3 10 years ago

No keep ss.

#4 10 years ago

Cash in on the AFM and buy the MetPrem...keep SS....

#5 10 years ago

Pretty even swap in my view. I think it depends really on the condition of your SS. The MetLE will be stunning and has color changing LED's tied to the software and some of the nicest art Stern has ever done (only XMen LE's come close to it from Stern). MetLE is a faster game than SS with less stop and go in my view, big pluses.

As others have said though, SS is getting to be a hard title to find though and has been on the rise in price somewhat recently. If you get rid of it you may struggle to find another to replace it should you decide to change your mind.

#6 10 years ago

I'd keep SS as well.

#7 10 years ago

Having played both, I would definitely keep the SS.

Quoted from Pinmeister:

Scared Stiff getting hard

#8 10 years ago

I'd do that in a heartbeat only because I don't love SS as much as most and I really enjoy playing the Metallica Premium.

#9 10 years ago

Wow, in the UK SS is like £2k, Met Premium is £6k!

#10 10 years ago

I like SS but I'd rate them in this order

AFM
MET
SS

#11 10 years ago

if all the same price
SS
AFM
MET

I would buy the cheapest one unless SS is only 1000 more the cheapest then I would go that.

#12 10 years ago

Tough call. On one hand you've got an old machine based on an old horror host, and on the other hand you've got a new machine based on old rock stars that aren't getting any younger. I'd call it a tossup.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Jamesiewaimsy:

if all the same price
SS
AFM
MET
I would buy the cheapest one unless SS is only 1000 more the cheapest then I would go that.

You would buy SS if it was the the same price as AFM or even 1k more???

#14 10 years ago

Lol nope typo was supposed to type taf not afm.

Afm for me could be 500 more the ss and I would get.

#15 10 years ago

#16 10 years ago

Ss is a mans game. It wont let you down....punn intended.

#17 10 years ago

I do like ss but at ukpp 2013 there was an acdc prem met prem and ss all were fun but I enjoyed Metallica due to it being simple fun and funny
Because I liked the machine I got me a pro translite to frame

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Wow, in the UK SS is like £2k, Met Premium is £6k!

I was shocked like I could sell ij4 and diner and get a nib Metallica premium

#19 10 years ago

You KNOW what I think....

#20 10 years ago

I like SS a lot, it's a fun pin. But it's definitely on the easy side. MET is going to be way more challenging and will have that "just one more game" pull to it. I didn't find that SS had that one more game pull.

From a value standpoint, if they are offering a straight trade, that's a pretty damn good offer.

#21 10 years ago

I would take Metallica Premium over Scared Stiff for sure.

#22 10 years ago

SS is a Great Game,MetallicA Prem/LE is going to be one of the great games when code is finish!

#23 10 years ago

I just played a bunch of SS this morning and had a blast so, I'd say no way keep SS, as others have mentioned SS is getting harder to find where MET will be available NIB for years.

However, I also have to say that I've never played MET so.....

#24 10 years ago

One vote for Metallica. It's hard to stop playing it.

#25 10 years ago

Would not do it - SS has staying power.

#26 10 years ago

I guess I am in the minority, I would ditch SS in a heartbeat for Metallica, however I tend to drift towards the sterns lately......and I did sell off my SS and bought the newest flavored Stern at the time ......TRON

#27 10 years ago

I own both. Both are great games, though I favor Metallica right now. That said, I haven't paid attention lately, but isn't Metallica premium simply worth more than SS? I didn't think SS was a ~$6400 game these days. If my assumption is right, then you should probably do the deal for value alone.

#28 10 years ago

I would dump SS in a heartbeat too.
SS is fun but easy.

#29 10 years ago

Play wise I prefer Metallica. Long Term Value I would go with SS.

#30 10 years ago

After seeing how CCC turned out, I'm leery of getting rid of any of my old B/W pins. I know SS is easy, but what if someone does a redo on the code sometime? That could make SS really awesome. But then again, it may never happen. As it is, SS is an easy game compared to many, but it is just great fun IMO. The whole art and sound package is just awesome as well, but MET Premium is no slouch in that department either with DD's art work. I'm sure the code on MET will turn out great, and it should provide quite a challenge and have lots of longevity in any collection.

SS is a favorite with family and friends when they visit me. They may revolt if I ever sell it, so I keep it around.Tough choice.

I'd go with keep the SS, but I could be swayed the other way with enough thought.

#31 10 years ago

no boobs on Metallica...nuff' said.

#32 10 years ago

SS has collector value. Metallica is a much better game all around. Depends on what type of collector you are. You want a show car or super nice daily driver?

#33 10 years ago

Keep the SS!

#34 10 years ago

I like both games but to help answer your question, SS is getting hard to find and makes a great "collectors" game to have in a collection. I would keep the SS and pick up a Metallica in the future which is being mass produced as we speak. Wont be hard to pick it up later on like a SS will be.
That would be my game plan.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

SS has collector value. Metallica is a much better game all around. Depends on what type of collector you are. You want a show car or super nice daily driver?

I think this is a very fair assessment. Put a stock SS next to a stock Met LE/Premium and the difference between the two would be readily apparent. Met looks like it is going to (eventually) have much deeper rules, it already has faster paced gameplay with better flow and more shots.

SS is a collectors item game. Not many nice examples of this 17 year old classic around. It also has really good humor to go with the nice boobs (and is a fun game to mod out with the horror theme).

Tough call, but if it were me I'd go with Met LE/Premium. As others have said the value difference in the game is in Met's favor as well.

#36 10 years ago

bag SS and get Met/prem

#37 10 years ago

Some good points above, if you want a piece for your collection keep the SS, if you are buying pinball machines to play and for fun value, get the Metallica.

I have been down the road of buying to have the collector machines, and found myself playing the collector pieces less and less every day. Buy games for fun factor IMO

#38 10 years ago

No way. Keep SS.

#39 10 years ago

SS is a huge favorite in my gameroom with the non-pinheads, I would keep SS.

#41 10 years ago

Should have posted a poll.

MET would have a big lead.

#42 10 years ago

If I was offered that deal I would be VERY tempted. ACDC would ever be harder to decide.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Should have posted a poll.

MET would have a big lead.

Totally disagree, at least using posts in this thread as the guide. What I counted:
15 for SS
12 for MET
The rest neutral or no firm opinion. I'm seeing just the opposite.

#44 10 years ago

I have SS and Metallica and I would say keep SS. Metallica is an awesome game, but as others have said, it will be readily available for years to come. SS is getting hard to find. Both games have a very high fun factor, but Metallica isn't even proven yet. I'll bet that if you had posted this same question shortly after Transformers or Avengers came out, with regard to trading for those games, you would have had a bunch of people telling to you to dump SS for those too. Wouldn't you feel like you made a bad trade today? I'd hold off on this one, imho.

Brian

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Totally disagree, at least using posts in this thread as the guide. What I counted:
15 for SS
12 for MET
The rest neutral or no firm opinion. I'm seeing just the opposite.

Post the poll. MET would have a big lead.

#46 10 years ago

If I had unlimited money and space, I would still have at least 90% of the games I have gotten rid of - including Scared Stiff. When I answer questions in threads like this it is with the assumption that the OP is in the same position I have found myself in many times; limited by space and/or budget.

If you have the money and space, keep the SS and buy an NIB METP too!

#47 10 years ago

SS all the way

#48 10 years ago

Keep the SS!

#49 10 years ago

I've owned SS... it was too easy. However, I did enjoy the adult humor. I also own METLE & ACDC prem. I enjoy both those games more than SS.

#50 10 years ago

Make that 18 SS and 12 MET.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 37.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 249.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 38.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-do-it-scared-stiff-for-met-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.