(Topic ID: 169100)

Would you, could you enjoy Pinball if there was no scoring?

By OLDPINGUY

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SpinalTap_11 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yipykya.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 7 years ago

I don't play pinball competitively, so I don't have an appreciation for high scoring as some of the pin zealots here. I'm happy to just explore a pin's depth and entertainment capabilities and see what I can make it do. But this thread got me thinking and here's my 2 cents on scoring...

I hope some day a more sophisticated scoring system is developed in a pin where your score simply isn't cumulative. Why can't we have pins coded to reduce your score when you fail a completion shot, or something along the lines of a punishment system where points are taken away from you when your flailing?

Imagine the possibility of tactically defending against a finished game where your awarded a final score actually on the negative side because you had such an awful game. ...and when this happens your awarded a pity (extra) ball so you could last chance redeem yourself and end up finishing with a decent score after earning a few extra balls and reaching your personal supreme chancellor best!

I know. Pinball has always been played a certain way. But someday, some brilliant someone, should step outside convention and revolutionize the status quo and code pinball scoring with a little innovation and perhaps move it forward into something, ...more.

Imagine the ups and downs playing with your buddies on location in a 4 player game. I just think it would be crazy fun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yipykya.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-could-you-enjoy-pinball-if-there-was-no-scoring?tu=Yipykya and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.