Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zarco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I just imagine starting collection pre-internet would have been a nightmare. Especially for someone with limited mechanical/electronic skills. No Pinside community, no Pinball Life (or similar) part sourcing, no YouTube tech vids. I don't know if I would have ever started collecting.
    Anyone start collecting back in ye oldern days? Did it suck?

The vast majority of my collection of 50 pins was bought (and restored) pre-'net. In many ways it was far better
    than today. Many machines were found via classified ads in the newspaper. And there was less competition.
    Prices were not referenced to fleabay either. The somewhat local pinball show was smaller but everyone knew
    each other and there were MANY more reasonably priced project pins for sale there too. And the pinball forum (rgp)
    existed long before pinside and was a great way to get and give advice when the 'net was first gaining momentum.

Ah, the good old/bad old days!
    Steve

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zarco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-collect-without-internet?tu=zarco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.