(Topic ID: 316674)

Would you choose a Stern POTC or Stern LOTR?

By TheNecromancer

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Tommy-dog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Lord of the Rings or Pirates of the Caribbean? I love both themes and have been in the hobby about 1 month.”

• POTC 11 votes
      26%
    • LOTR 32 votes
      74%

(43 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thenecromancer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Brand new to this hobby, less than a month now. I've got room for two machines. After doing some research and my like for the film I decided last November to order a Jurassic Park which I just recently received. I'm looking for a second machine in the future but doubt I'll have a chance to actually play them as I live in the sticks. I'm thinking either Stern Pirates of the Caribbean or Stern Lord of the Rings.

I find JP to have a fairly complex rule set and will likely take quite some time to master. I've read that Pirates is easier to learn / complete. Know very little of LOTR other than I love the books/ films. Which game would you steer me towards to add to a JP game?

Thanks!

#44 1 year ago

Guys, thanks for all the feedback. It would seem that LOTR is the better game via the responses. I'm actually going to try POTC first and then move to LOTR as the final game. Sounds like it fits the bill for me now as a new player that doesn't have a lot of skill. I love both themes and the POTC is definitely a cheaper entry as well. Hopefully I like it and in the future can graduate to a LOTR machine.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

Lol final game? You have no idea what you're store for enjoy the ride!

lol no, I can't hang with you guys. This is an expensive hobby! Being short on space can be a blessing.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

LOTR by a long shot. Please put up a poll. I'm curious how much of a landslide this is

Done!

#54 1 year ago

Well I picked up my new to me POTC this evening. Pretty excited. Possible LOTR in the future.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

From my customers point of view. Stern Pirates is fun. I no longer have LOTR. Game times on it can get long.
    If you ever head south of the sticks. I'm in Hopkins MN. 4 hours from you. If you'd like to try Pirates.
    LTG : )

Very nice to offer. I actually picked one up yesterday. I think I'm going to love it plus I can look forward to LOTR in the future.

Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thenecromancer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-choose-a-stern-potc-or-stern-lotr-?tu=thenecromancer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.