(Topic ID: 316674)

Would you choose a Stern POTC or Stern LOTR?

By TheNecromancer

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Tommy-dog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Lord of the Rings or Pirates of the Caribbean? I love both themes and have been in the hobby about 1 month.”

• POTC 11 votes
      26%
    • LOTR 32 votes
      74%

(43 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider morgoth00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 1 year ago

I have both pins. Pirates has an awesome toy- a freaking pirate ship that breaks apart and sinks down into the playfield! That's pretty awesome. But setting that aside, lotr dominates on the rest of the topics, and is much more of a keeper. The ship shot on pirates seems to be easier to hit than any shot on lotr for new players, but once the ship is mastered and the ship sink thrill wears off, you will wish you had bought lotr. Especially if you love the movies. Although guests are drawn to pirates over most others.

Value- I bought both for the same price which i considered both at market value and they both seem to have started to shoot up 2-4k in the last year.

Shots- Lotr is considered by many to be a "top 10 all time shooter" and the legolas ramp shot still gives me happiness after the 1000th shot. So smooth. And hitting the center ring shot never gets old either. None of the pirates shots are memorable IMO.

Theme- lotr is movie themed. Pirates is just, well, 'pirate' themed.

I like pirates but honestly it is my current least favorite game that I own (something has to be last) and I have almost traded it off twice now on deals that fell through. Lotr is bolted to the floor.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider morgoth00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-choose-a-stern-potc-or-stern-lotr-?tu=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.