P8180145.JPG
P8180144.JPG
P8200007.JPG
P8200002.JPG
P8200001.JPG
P8180164.JPG
P8180163.JPG
P8180143.JPG
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Slowly making my recovery from "A listedness", but still have a way to go as I am seriously considering a Cactus Canyon.

Is wrinkling of the decal at the legs pretty standard on this game as it is for MB?

I have included a few pics. If this is very atypical, let me know. If a price of 10-10.5K takes it into account, let me know that too.

I know, I know...no pin is worth that money, but the funds are generated by pinball and not my pocketbook. Thanks.

Dan

P8180143.JPGP8180143.JPG P8180163.JPGP8180163.JPG P8180164.JPGP8180164.JPG P8200001.JPGP8200001.JPG P8200002.JPGP8200002.JPG P8200007.JPGP8200007.JPG

#2 11 years ago

How does the PF look?

The wrinkling is a little bit much, but I'd go for it, Dan. How often do you find a CC in that kind of condition?

#3 11 years ago

That seems like the right price range, maybe the top IMO. That looks to be an average condition pin at best.

#4 11 years ago

I'd take it for 10

#5 11 years ago

Depends on the pf, if really nice that is not a terrible price

#6 11 years ago

It sounds about right.

#7 11 years ago

Ive seen CC's with decal damage way worse then that. If the PF is nice especially near the mine kickout I think its a fair price.

Have you played it before? CC is a game that gets its value from its short production run not by its gameplay. IMO its only considered a "A" list game cause of this. Gameplay left much to be desired.

#8 11 years ago

Can you show some pics of the playfield please?

#9 11 years ago

Seems like a good price for one.

#10 11 years ago

Yup. pf, pf, pf especially for a CC. You can always re decal the cab (a pain but doable) but you will have to fix the pf if it has issues. Finding a CC pf is next to impossible and some of the pf plastics if broken. Usually there is wear around the drop targets and the mine shaft on a well played CCs.

#11 11 years ago

Its a steal at that price, you should start looking for a BSD to.

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for all the responses. I thought it was in line but wanted to check.

I am interested in the game because it is the last DMD BW produced, so you make a good point SMASSA. I am hoping the p-roc version of the homebrew sw update becomes available in time. that would be a nice finishing touch.

Here are some playfield pics:

P8180144.JPGP8180144.JPG P8180145.JPGP8180145.JPG P8180146.JPGP8180146.JPG P8180147.JPGP8180147.JPG P8180148.JPGP8180148.JPG P8180153.JPGP8180153.JPG

#13 11 years ago

more pics.

P8180159.JPGP8180159.JPG P8200014.JPGP8200014.JPG P8180140.JPGP8180140.JPG

#14 11 years ago

What is that tape-like residue on the top left corner of the backglass?

Other than that, looks pretty good!

#15 11 years ago

Great price! A steal really

#16 11 years ago

I like the added spotlights on the slings. Was actually thinking of doing the same exact thing just last night. The center of the playfield is a little dark as it sits stock.

#17 11 years ago

MrWizzo, You need to make the deal... CC don't come up often. Yes, it may need some TLC to bring it back to how you like it, but its a CC. Get it before someone else does. Price is fair!!!

#18 11 years ago

Buy it and never look back.

#19 11 years ago

Don't think I've ever seen a remote battery holder on the outside of the backbox before... P8200014.JPGP8200014.JPG

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

What is that tape-like residue on the top left corner of the backglass?

Probably where the operator advertised his business location and number. Probably something like for quality amusements games call Joes Amusements 555-55-5555 Anytown Va

#21 11 years ago

its a good deal! On Ebay it would bring 11 plus

#22 11 years ago

I agree with above. It is a very nice example at the going rate. There is bit more to the top here.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I am hoping the p-roc version of the homebrew sw update becomes available in time. that would be a nice finishing touch.

Yeah, I really need to get on the job of bug-hunting on CCC to make it into something other people can use -- shouldn't be TOO much longer before it's able to be shared -- won't be "finished", but it'd at least be done enough that it wouldn't be embarrassing to hand out.

1 week later
#24 11 years ago

Found out afterward, the game has some additional features:

Full led's,
Subwoofer and upgraded speaker system (I believe flipper fidelity but I'll need to double check),
Spot lights over lower PF,
Cliffy protector for mine door (not attached),
A few spare target decals (one or two, the targets have decals added now).

The recent thread on fixing decals should really help too.

Dan

#25 11 years ago

great price and a steal? I don't know about that. Nice looking game tho, but falls flat in the play department. If you have room for 400 games, its' not a big deal. If you only have room for 10-20, it's taking up valuable floor space that you need for actual fun games that can hold the tests of time better. With limited space, it's better to have quality games, than showpony bragging rights games.

#26 11 years ago

In my own selfish way, I'm glad you bought it. I've never played one, and living vicariously is much cheaper.

It's always tough to evaluate via pictures, but it looks pretty darn nice to me.

#27 11 years ago

CApt:

Seriously, why do you do this? Did you just copy and paste this reply, or do you have a program that seeks out CC posts? It took you less than a minute to post this, so you are way too motivated to rain on others parade, but you are like one raindrop falling on a domed stadium, innocuous and irrelevant. I feel sorry for you, but I am going to humor myself and condescend to reply to you in the hope that you wake up.

I am not sure it is a great price, but it is a fair price for sure on Williams last game, which is the attraction. I am glad you have the "fun" formula figured for other collectors in relation to collection size; just a bit arrogant. It seems to be a great time to buy one as there are two efforts to provide more complete code improving the gameplay. But I am sure that you have been keeping busy peeing on those threads and telling people it's raining.

How is this to make you even more nuts-I have never even seen or played a CC! What do you have to say to that?

I sold my MM, the showpony of showponies, so so much for your theory. Man, you really have no idea how truly insecure and sad the impression you make is. Not trying to demean you, but a hard truth heard can be helpful if there is wisdom.

I have no need to beat you up over this. Pretty sure the voice in your head does a fine job at that by itself.

Have a great day.

Dan

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

In my own selfish way, I'm glad you bought it. I've never played one, and living vicariously is much cheaper.
It's always tough to evaluate via pictures, but it looks pretty darn nice to me.

Not selfish at all. I am glad my friends in the area can check it out with me.

Dan

#29 11 years ago

nope, your post was on top of the list, since you just posted. Hence I had to check it out and see what a recent CC sold for. I was more talking to the guy who said it was a great steal. That was an over exaggeration. Condition wise, it's in great shape and if that's the game your intended to buy, you found one that really doesn't need anything.

#30 11 years ago

btw, I didn't see the thread of someone completing the software. I hope they do. I don't mind CC actually. I prefer it over MM, and wish it was more complete. With the playfield layout, so much more could be done and added to the rules. I play it when I see it, but usually a couple of plays fills my desire enough. Just like the DE SW thread. If those roms get updated, it's going to completely change the desire for the game. Same goes for CC. Right now it's just to much of showpony pin, but could be so much more.

#31 11 years ago

Capt:

Yeah, but you did the very same thing on an earlier thread this week about someone getting his grail pin. Why can't you leave people to have their moment? I don't understand it. Somehow your reply was removed from the thread.

The thread regarding the p-roc update is by epthegeek. he thinks he may have it finished soon. I even suggested a match animation that I think is pretty cool. The other is mention in that thread, I think, a ROM update with a deeper ruleset.

I dunno, people collect different games for different reasons. Not everyone is going to think like you or me, thankfully. Give others some slack. Neither of us are the paragon of pinball virtue.

Dan

#32 11 years ago

Congrats on the CC! Seat it with pride next to the incoming F-14.

#33 11 years ago

true, but more people must think like you do, or the price on CC wouldn't be so stupidly high. 1000 games is a lot of games made. People act is if it's so rare, but it's really not. Same with MM, there are 4600 of them out there. That's more than TOTAN and CV combined in production numbers, but some spew on here, that's its a rare game. But you did ask for opinions on this thread. and if someone would buy this or not. I gave my opinion. You may not have liked it because I don't agree, but when you ask for opinions you have to expect both sides of the fence. I have Orbitor 1. 800 made. If I paid a high price for mine, and asked for opinions, I know i'm going to get some people that think I just threw my money down the toilet. It's going to be a love it or hate it thread. Same goes for all the high end pins, you just have to expect and prepare yourself for it. If you notice, every CV thread has me throwing my .02 cents in on how great it is. Just like i'll throw my hate in on every Shit tales thread. Just the way it is.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Congrats on the CC! Seat it with pride next to the incoming F-14.

Thanks, Kyle. I honestly am more excited about the F14 than the CC and MB I have coming in. I guess cause it will be my first restore with a cleared pf.

The restorer is looking into installing a sling shot up between the T_O_M and C_A_T targets above the pop bumber. This is something I think he said was originally planned or the game but deleted.

That will make the game frantic I think.

Dan

#35 11 years ago

F14 is a fast game. Clearcoated besides? I can't even imagine. Going to be a ball buster for sure. Fun game tho.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you notice, every CV thread has me throwing my .02 cents in on how great it is. Just like i'll throw my hate in on every Shit tales thread.

...but why? In this thread, Dan was not asking if CC is a good game; he was asking if this one is indicative of the price. Your negative rants about the games you don't like only serve to devalue your praise of the games you do like.

I highly respect your ability when it comes to playfield restoration, but your game ratings are suspect. This is not because your opinions are wrong, but because the way you present them is so inflammatory and unwelcome.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I honestly am more excited about the F14 than the CC and MB I have coming in. I guess cause it will be my first restore with a cleared pf.

Yep, a CC'd F14 will be brutal. My TZ was restored and clearcoated by none other than CaptainNeo a couple years ago, and it completely changed the game. I had to reset all the high scores since it was so much faster that it took a couple months before I could even get to LITZ.

#38 11 years ago

well, I praise just as many games as I hate on. I'm more critical on the overhyped B/W titles because of the number of b/w snobs there are who won't give the time of day to any other manufacturer, except a new sterns here and there. They are so pro bally williams, that I throw out over negative remarks to even it back out. But even the games I love (like CV) I don't think are worth the stupid pricing right now either. I love my CV (it's my favorite game), but damn if I don't think someone is on crack for paying 9k for one. Yes I love it..but for 9k, mines going out the door. It's just not worth keeping when stupid money is thrown around.

He was asking if people would buy this CC. When asking that question, you have to take in account, condition, desire, and gameplay with ratio to available space. I think my opinion was spot on for the thread. He didn't ask specifically if he paid to much or not, asked if I would buy this...I said no and reason why.

Smaller collections have less room to carry dead weight pins that won't get played. That's just the way I see it. I also look at diversity in the collection. When I first started, the 4 pins I wanted was FH, TAF, TZ and ES. That's all I wanted. After I got those, I realized they were all the same damn game. Didn't know shit about designers back then and didn't know the same guy made all 4. over time 2 were phased out and replaced with games that were unique and diverse.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

true, but more people must think like you do, or the price on CC wouldn't be so stupidly high. 1000 games is a lot of games made. People act is if it's so rare, but it's really not. Same with MM, there are 4600 of them out there. That's more than TOTAN and CV combined in production numbers, but some spew on here, that's its a rare game. But you did ask for opinions on this thread. and if someone would buy this or not. I gave my opinion. You may not have liked it because I don't agree, but when you ask for opinions you have to expect both sides of the fence. I have Orbitor 1. 800 made. If I paid a high price for mine, and asked for opinions, I know i'm going to get some people that think I just threw my money down the toilet. It's going to be a love it or hate it thread. Same goes for all the high end pins, you just have to expect and prepare yourself for it. If you notice, every CV thread has me throwing my .02 cents in on how great it is. Just like i'll throw my hate in on every Shit tales thread. Just the way it is.

I don't know how people think or care if they think like me or don't. No problem with opinions, but you seem to not recognize the difference between a negative opinion and being judgmental.

"The game is not completed so it will lose it appeal quickly" is a reasonable opinion that could give good new information to the person asking.

"It's better to have quality games, than showpony bragging rights games," is not an opinion but a judgment on the game as non-quality (by your standards) and that someone interested in the game is shallow and superficial (how are you to know this?) Now, some people may want a trophy pin for the wrong reasons, and I think we all have gone through that stage. I struggled with selling my MM for that reason and then realized what was going on and ultimately I had control over the pin and not the pin over me.

It is just arrogance for you to claim this dynamic is prevalent. Arrogance and insecurity go hand in hand with judgmentalism. The irony here is that what you seem no to realize is that you are really judging yourself and as yet have little idea as to the reason for your being so judgmental of others.

I had someone on the forum call me on this a while back about a game that I cannot stand. There were right, and I apologized and benefited from their willingness to confront me.

A teacher appears when the student is ready.

Don't be hatin'!

Dan

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

CApt:
Seriously, why do you do this? Did you just copy and paste this reply, or do you have a program that seeks out CC posts? It took you less than a minute to post this, so you are way too motivated to rain on others parade, but you are like one raindrop falling on a domed stadium, innocuous and irrelevant. I feel sorry for you, but I am going to humor myself and condescend to reply to you in the hope that you wake up.
I am not sure it is a great price, but it is a fair price for sure on Williams last game, which is the attraction. I am glad you have the "fun" formula figured for other collectors in relation to collection size; just a bit arrogant. It seems to be a great time to buy one as there are two efforts to provide more complete code improving the gameplay. But I am sure that you have been keeping busy peeing on those threads and telling people it's raining.
How is this to make you even more nuts-I have never even seen or played a CC! What do you have to say to that?
I sold my MM, the showpony of showponies, so so much for your theory. Man, you really have no idea how truly insecure and sad the impression you make is. Not trying to demean you, but a hard truth heard can be helpful if there is wisdom.
I have no need to beat you up over this. Pretty sure the voice in your head does a fine job at that by itself.
Have a great day.
Dan

"captain" neo always rants on anything over $500. ignore.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Smaller collections have less room to carry dead weight pins that won't get played. That's just the way I see it. I also look at diversity in the collection. When I first started, the 4 pins I wanted was FH, TAF, TZ and ES. That's all I wanted. After I got those, I realized they were all the same damn game. Didn't know shit about designers back then and didn't know the same guy made all 4. over time 2 were phased out and replaced with games that were unique and diverse.

This I agree with 100%.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Thanks, Kyle. I honestly am more excited about the F14 than the CC and MB I have coming in. I guess cause it will be my first restore with a cleared pf.
The restorer is looking into installing a sling shot up between the T_O_M and C_A_T targets above the pop bumber. This is something I think he said was originally planned or the game but deleted.
That will make the game frantic I think.
Dan

Glad you found one that fit your tastes. Tron got lonely so I adopted Gorgar to keep him company... thinking about doing a clearcoat for a winter project.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I don't know how people think or care if they think like me or don't. No problem with opinions, but you seem to not recognize the difference between a negative opinion and being judgmental.
"The game is not completed so it will lose it appeal quickly" is a reasonable opinion that could give good new information to the person asking.
"It's better to have quality games, than showpony bragging rights games," is not an opinion but a judgment on the game as non-quality (by your standards) and that someone interested in the game is shallow and superficial (how are you to know this?) Now, some people may want a trophy pin for the wrong reasons, and I think we all have gone through that stage. I struggled with selling my MM for that reason and then realized what was going on and ultimately I had control over the pin and not the pin over me.
It is just arrogance for you to claim this dynamic is prevalent. Arrogance and insecurity go hand in hand with judgmentalism. The irony here is that what you seem no to realize is that you are really judging yourself and as yet have little idea as to the reason for your being so judgmental of others.
I had someone on the forum call me on this a while back about a game that I cannot stand. There were right, and I apologized and benefited from their willingness to confront me.
A teacher appears when the student is ready.
Don't be hatin'!
Dan

I don't think it's judgemental at all. Some games are more showpony status than fun factor. It's just the way it is. I have a Miss World (1 of 4). Is it a fun game? Not really. It's a showpony piece. Does that make me superficial for owning it and keeping it, maybe a little, but i'm willing to accept that, because the rest of my collection is quality, diverse and exactly the way I want it. So a little showpony bragging rights doesn't really effect me. If your collection is all showpony bragging rights (remember Gary), then you have small wiener issues.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Your negative rants about the games you don't like only serve to devalue your praise of the games you do like

+1

Quoted from herg:

Yep, a CC'd F14 will be brutal.

I love a game where my forehead ends up on the glass! This should be a doozey>

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well, I praise just as many games as I hate on.

>so that makes it okay? Why not keep it to yourself unless you can express it as constructive criticism<

I'm more critical on the overhyped B/W titles because of the number of b/w snobs there are who won't give the time of day to any other manufacturer, except a new sterns here and there.

>There must be a lot of things in life that disturb you if this is so impactful. I own a LOTR, TSPP an would love a SM. I am working a deal on a CAPCOM and on the list for Predator and Captain Nemo<

They are so pro bally williams, that I throw out over negative remarks to even it back out.

>Even what back out? Other than you, has anyone asked you to do so? Just a little meglomania revealing itself. It is a hard fight fashioning the world to fit what you want. Why not just accept and fit in while building a life for yourself rather than to tell others what theirs should look like?<

But even the games I love (like CV) I don't think are worth the stupid pricing right now either. I love my CV (it's my favorite game), but damn if I don't think someone is on crack for paying 9k for one. Yes I love it..but for 9k, mines going out the door. It's just not worth keeping when stupid money is thrown around.

>its not about cost, it is about value which is subjective. Why does someone paying too much so upset you? I am not a stupid person. Maybe such purchases will prove unwise, but you don't know.<

He was asking if people would buy this CC. When asking that question, you have to take in account, condition, desire, and gameplay with ratio to available space.

>this is wrong, subtle, but wrong. I did not ask "would you buy "a" CC?" which is what you answered. I asked, "would you buy this CC." You are not the one buying it, so your desire and space available, which always seems to come up with you, has no bearing since I am the one buying it. "Buying this CC" is a subset of of "Buying a CC" and implies that a decision to buy one has already been made and whether the one to be bought is the one in question. I am not hopeful you will see this.<

I think my opinion was spot on for the thread. He didn't ask specifically if he paid to much or not, asked if I would buy this...I said no and reason why.

>It might have been if you had posted the answer before I edited the title to include (Bought It).
At that point your opinion was moot, and was posted without a concern for usefulness to anyone but yourself.<

>Well, God forbid you gained wisdom from experience. Give us a break from having to experience your wisdom.<

Oy.

Dan

#45 11 years ago

as hard as it was to read this post, I think I managed to get through it. You still asked everyone if THEY would buy it. Even if you did, the question is still there asking for opinions. I know you bought it, but you still asked everyone if they would buy it. That will open up the door and take in consideration their specific situation on why they would or would not.

And if only the positive opinions were allowed in forums, it would be a very one sided opinion on every game. How can someone get input on something if only the positive aspects of it are allowed to be known. That's the way oil companies and plastics companies operate. They arn't going to tell you the negative effects. Same holds true here. When people are giving opinions about games, I don't want to read just the good things about it, I want to know lots of opinions and hear about the bad things as well, and why. How do I know a game i've never seen is even worth trying to find one to play, if you don't hear both sides of the fence. Something that might sound very negative to you, might not be that negative to someone else.

Example: for some people, half completed rules might not be a big deal. Something they can live with. Art package and theme might be their main reasoning for buying a game. But at least they know what they are getting into by listening to both sides of the fence. For me Fan pattern is a very negative aspect of a game. Personally i'm sick of it, but to someone else it might be the buying factor for them.

And some games are just show pony status games. When the price far exceeds the fun factor, they are showpony games. Just the way it is. It's not saying anything about the owner or making judgement on the owner. Everyone already knows which games are status games, and which ones arn't. Seems lately all A titles are becoming Showponies with the way prices have been going.

#46 11 years ago

Yeah, had a little trouble with the interlinear replies.

Thanks for the exchange.

Oh, BTW, whatever happened to Gary?

Dan

#47 11 years ago

Nice buy Dan.MM would have looked good next to CC.Any regrets about selling MM?

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Yeah, had a little trouble with the interlinear replies.
Thanks for the exchange.
Oh, BTW, whatever happened to Gary?
Dan

Think he took his ball and bat and went home, after realizing nobody was bowing to him, for his primo collection of nice pins that never ever get played. I don't think anyone shed a tear.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from brz:

Nice buy Dan.MM would have looked good next to CC.Any regrets about selling MM?

Thanks David. No not really. I preferred AFM over the MM, and it went to a really solid guy and collector. The IJ i got is very nice, and I am enjoying the IJ. Challenging and different from my other pins. The additional cash I got almost covered the cost of the MB I am getting.

#50 11 years ago

Just go for it and doin't look back and have fun with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-this-cc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.