(Topic ID: 45858)

Would you buy more NIB pins if Prices were back to normal? (KEEP)

By CaptainNeo

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy more NIB games per year, if prices were back to the $4300-4500 price level? (all manufacturers)”

• Yes- If you could get "full" versions of the game for the normal (with 4% inflation) $4300-4500, I would buy 2+ games per year. 117 votes
      67%
    • I would buy only one NIB per year regardless of price. 23 votes
      13%
    • Not at all, I wouldn't buy NIB from anyone no matter if the price was 3k or 7k 10 votes
      6%
    • NIB is for suckers and newbs. 25 votes
      14%

(175 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

internettoughguy.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    ronburgundy.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    obvious.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drano.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It didn't SEEM to be a slow rise in prices. They were NIB $3,500 and now $6,500.

You can thank JJP for that.
    Once WOZ was announced Stern figured, what the hell... if Jack can ask those prices, so can I. Here's an LE for ya!

On the bright side, it has also opened up the market for smaller boutique producers like JPOP and SKITB. I don't think that, without this new benchmark pricing, smaller companies could make mini runs and still be viable.

#24 11 years ago

If the themes and designs were right for me, I'd buy NIB almost regardless of the price.
    I think it is more the recent let-downs from Stern and even JJP that sour me... more than price.

I am choosing to support lower cost projects like SkitB's predator based on their business model and end user focus, as well as higher-end games like Zombie Adventureland due to their willingness to develop an unlicensed theme.

I can see where price would play into the decision to buy, but for me there are a lot more variables at play these days. Will Stern let this game wither on the vine with bad code? Will it have proper QC before leaving the plant? etc. etc...

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

eah, but weren't the JJP prices higher because he was starting a new company.

Regardless of his reasons, he has set the market price. Stern would be stupid not to capitalize... and they do still make a sub $5K game... just not the LE.

If JJP's cost increases were purely related to being a startup, I would have to ask "why am I as a buyer floating the bill for your startup costs?" Where will all this extra cost be evidient in the game itself? In reality JJP is attempting to make a "better" product and that is a huge reason for the price increase. Stern is also offering more for the extra cost. The real question is, is it enough? Are you getting enough value from the additional features?

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I see quality and innovation in the JJP machine. The Stern machines seem to be the same. (to me)

If we are comparing apples to apples, you will have to compare Stern's LE models to JJP's... since Jack is really only creating LEs.

I would have to say that Stern has certainly stepped up their game on the LE models in terms of rich features. However, execution, code and QC have really let them down.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I thought there were plenty of toys on the Stern machines at $4,500.

Well, here I will say that good design and code trumps all.
    Tron has 1 toy and, in my opinion, it is the best all around game Stern has released in a very, very long time.
    Everything in that game just comes together and that is a result of great design from Borg, Lyman and the entire team... plus a great license/theme.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drano.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-more-nib-pins-if-prices-were-back-to-normal-5?tu=drano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.