(483 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

i-got-a-5aaae3 (resized).jpg
Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld (resized).png
hasdfqdefault (resized).jpg
elvisvegas (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 10.24.00 pm (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

I really want to buy this... Even if it stinks. I'm one of the biggest fans of Maiden ever!!! I shoveled so much crap during the Blaze years when grunge was king and I was in high school, now Bruce is back they're bigger than ever. But, I will say where were these fans for Bruce's solo career... Accident of Birth, Chem Wed.. All amazing albums and better than all of Maiden's newer stuff... With the exception of Dance of Death, which I think is an AMAZING ALBUM!!!! But, I love Maiden. And while I don't know if I can afford a new pin... I shall try my best and start saving up my money to get this... And heaven help me if Elvira gets a third one, as I'd like to buy that too... Love Elvira not more than I love maiden, but she has sex appeal, and Maiden as awesome as they are... They're not great to look at... But, EDDIE is awesome!

#9 6 years ago

Oh and yes... I know my name is Dio's Pinball... But, Maiden is the greatest Heavy Metal Band ever! Dio is the greatest singer... Would love a Dio pinball, but that will never happen... UP THE IRONS!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I’m personally not a fan of the band, but it’s cool to see Iron Maiden pinball fans get something they’ve been waiting for.
I hope Stern knocks it out of the park on this one.

Well... I do know that Heavy Metal(the music of the gods) might not be every ones favorite music... But, the cool thing about Maiden is also their horror movie imagery. Which I also thought horror themed pinballs were really cool... I mean you got two Elivra's... Then Creature.... Then Monster Bash... I think Phantom of the Opera is a cool pin and same with the Freddy one... Freddy one isn't great but its fun... Just don't get the rule set... The souls you get seem arbitrary... Anyway I digress. Bram Stokers dracula, and I think there were a couple of really old horror ones that looked cool, like Mephisto, Dracula, oh and class of 1812. And there are more I am missing of course. I just really think monters and pinball do go together, so I think even without the music this could work for some people... And here's the thing I think Maidens song catalog is DEEP and varied, so I think the chance of having songs even the casual person might like is more possible than with a mettalica pin( I hate mettalica... I HATE THEM!)... And while I love the AC DC pin... I'm not the biggest Brain Johnson fan. Love Bon Scott, and that game I loved what they did with the songs.. .Each one had a different rule set... But, I mostly played Highway to Hell, TNT, Let There Be Rock, WHole lotta Rosie, and then Back in Black... Sometimes Thunderstruck... Anyway... I think if they design it right, it could appeal to 2 segments of pin fans. The monster crowd and the Maiden crowd.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah why not? Or maybe Ozzy or Dio also? Blue Oyster Cult maybe even......or maybe The Black and Blue tour even? All good stuff!

Dio would be a dream pinball machine for me... I'd take a black sabbath one... Provided that Dio was represented as well. And don't give me crap that Black Sabbath is ONLY OZZY. They've had singers after Ozzy and Dio. BUT, it was Dio that returned them to relevancy with Heaven and Hell. And mind you all Mob Rules would have sold more, if they actually would have toured it properly. Dio got fired while mixing their Live Evil album or whatever it was called... Then in the 90s they had the Gem of an album Dehumanizer, which was successful. So it would only be fair to include Dio in a Black Sabbath pin... Heaven and Hell is one of the most important heavy metal albums ever. And Mob Rules also laid down the foundation for Thrash metal before there was thrash really. But, yeah I rather have a solo Dio machine. I personally think Ozzy is overated. He worked with great musicians and writers and had some great songs... But, I don't think he has the quantity of quality other rockers have. Maybe if Randy didn't die, maybe he would have had even more great albums... But, as is I think most of his work is meh.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Dio had the best voice out of all the Metal bands. He was awesome and his voice was very powerful.

You're alright in my book. And metal has a lot of great singers Dio of course, but also Halford, Dickinson, Geoff Tate, Michael Kiske, and I really like both of Savatages singers Zak Stevens and Jon Olivia(Savatage turned into Transiberian Orchestra).
I think Tony Iommi summed up Dio the best when he said Dio sang across the note. And it's true... I mean the pipes the man had, he didn't even need to rhyme to make his songs sound good. He just had that power.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

They had a few tracks back in the day but they are part of a long list of hair bands that just didn’t survive into my adulthood. That being said the art and style is perfect for a pin this is a soft ball right over the plate for Stern. They would really need to do something unique to get my interest. I would want to see a blow up Eddie topper or Eddie animatronic that actually interacts with the ball and more than a mouth. They have to do more than GOTG and Kiss.
P.S. I passed on the poll as both options are silly.

Darscott... Iron Maiden isn't a hair band... Not even remotely close. Hairbands were winger, poison, cindrella... Iron Maiden never was a gimmick band. Oh, and Whitesnake wasn't a hair band either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-an-iron-maiden-pin?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.