(483 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

i-got-a-5aaae3 (resized).jpg
Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld (resized).png
hasdfqdefault (resized).jpg
elvisvegas (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 10.24.00 pm (resized).png
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

A big announcement deserves a poll. Are you ready to buy? Or are you looking forward to the next announcement?

#2 6 years ago

Can we see it before we decide?

#3 6 years ago

not until code is done, then we will see. oh, and deadpool!!!!

#4 6 years ago

Quoted from cosmokramer:Can we see it before we decide?

No, you can’t! You have to choose now based on the theme

Added over 6 years ago: “Would” is the key word here.

If your answer is “Yes, I would buy it if (insert qualifying statement here)” vote yes.

If your answer is “No, (insert opinion here)” then check no.

This poll isn’t meant to quantify everyone’s commitment to buy before they see it.

#5 6 years ago

I will answer after I have seen the game

#6 6 years ago

I really want to buy this... Even if it stinks. I'm one of the biggest fans of Maiden ever!!! I shoveled so much crap during the Blaze years when grunge was king and I was in high school, now Bruce is back they're bigger than ever. But, I will say where were these fans for Bruce's solo career... Accident of Birth, Chem Wed.. All amazing albums and better than all of Maiden's newer stuff... With the exception of Dance of Death, which I think is an AMAZING ALBUM!!!! But, I love Maiden. And while I don't know if I can afford a new pin... I shall try my best and start saving up my money to get this... And heaven help me if Elvira gets a third one, as I'd like to buy that too... Love Elvira not more than I love maiden, but she has sex appeal, and Maiden as awesome as they are... They're not great to look at... But, EDDIE is awesome!

#7 6 years ago

I’m saving money (and space) for the Motley Crue coming relatively soon.

#8 6 years ago

I am done with music pins

#9 6 years ago

Oh and yes... I know my name is Dio's Pinball... But, Maiden is the greatest Heavy Metal Band ever! Dio is the greatest singer... Would love a Dio pinball, but that will never happen... UP THE IRONS!

#10 6 years ago

I’m not a fan of the band, but it’s cool to see Iron Maiden pinball fans get something they’ve been waiting for.

I hope Stern knocks it out of the park on this one.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I’m personally not a fan of the band, but it’s cool to see Iron Maiden pinball fans get something they’ve been waiting for.
I hope Stern knocks it out of the park on this one.

Well... I do know that Heavy Metal(the music of the gods) might not be every ones favorite music... But, the cool thing about Maiden is also their horror movie imagery. Which I also thought horror themed pinballs were really cool... I mean you got two Elivra's... Then Creature.... Then Monster Bash... I think Phantom of the Opera is a cool pin and same with the Freddy one... Freddy one isn't great but its fun... Just don't get the rule set... The souls you get seem arbitrary... Anyway I digress. Bram Stokers dracula, and I think there were a couple of really old horror ones that looked cool, like Mephisto, Dracula, oh and class of 1812. And there are more I am missing of course. I just really think monters and pinball do go together, so I think even without the music this could work for some people... And here's the thing I think Maidens song catalog is DEEP and varied, so I think the chance of having songs even the casual person might like is more possible than with a mettalica pin( I hate mettalica... I HATE THEM!)... And while I love the AC DC pin... I'm not the biggest Brain Johnson fan. Love Bon Scott, and that game I loved what they did with the songs.. .Each one had a different rule set... But, I mostly played Highway to Hell, TNT, Let There Be Rock, WHole lotta Rosie, and then Back in Black... Sometimes Thunderstruck... Anyway... I think if they design it right, it could appeal to 2 segments of pin fans. The monster crowd and the Maiden crowd.

#12 6 years ago

It all depends on the gameplay, features, rules, layout, art, call outs, etc... Theme is a just a part of the mix really.

The theme doesn’t really make or break a game for me. It certainly can make a game more or less desirable, but there are a lot of other factors in a good or bad game.

Avengers = great theme, don’t like the game

Metallica = not a great theme for me, love the game

Dialed In = weird theme, love the game

Star Wars = love the theme, don’t like the game

#13 6 years ago

Question is would I buy one? Answer is yes. Will I buy one? Need to play it first.

#14 6 years ago

Absolutely, but I may be a bit biased.

#15 6 years ago

Jesus, how many old white dude's band themes can Stern churn out? This is why pinball can't gain broader appeal.... extremely niche marketing. It's not even the era that's the issue, Jaws and BTTF are well-known 80's themes that would have a broader appeal. I have to imagine a very, very large part of this is Stern is looking for cheap licenses. Iron Maiden can't be that much. Can we please give band pins a break for say, then next decade?

#16 6 years ago

Don’t agree with either poll options. I like them but they are definitely not my favorite bands. Also need to play it first.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

A big announcement deserves a poll. Are you ready to buy? Or are you looking forward to the next announcement?

There really should have been an "I'm interested, but it depends on what Stern produces" choice.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There really should have been an "I'm interested, but it depends on what Stern produces" choice.

If I knew how to edit the poll I would add that choice. It looks like several people are on the fence depending on the final product.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I really want to buy this... Even if it stinks. I'm one of the biggest fans of Maiden ever!!! I shoveled so much crap during the Blaze years when grunge was king and I was in high school, now Bruce is back they're bigger than ever. But, I will say where were these fans for Bruce's solo career... Accident of Birth, Chem Wed.. All amazing albums and better than all of Maiden's newer stuff... With the exception of Dance of Death, which I think is an AMAZING ALBUM!!!! But, I love Maiden. And while I don't know if I can afford a new pin... I shall try my best and start saving up my money to get this... And heaven help me if Elvira gets a third one, as I'd like to buy that too... Love Elvira not more than I love maiden, but she has sex appeal, and Maiden as awesome as they are... They're not great to look at... But, EDDIE is awesome!

Start saving now and by the time the code is finished in 3-4 years you will be good. I kid but stern is slow on code completion.

#20 6 years ago

My finger is on the trigger to place an order. 3 things I need to know before hand and 2 are crucial before I part with a cent.

Pictures showing the artwork and layout, then who is the programmer. If it's Lyman I'm in without a second thought. If it's Borg I'm out and will be bitterly disappointed. Another programmer, then I've got a decision to make.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

If I knew how to edit the poll I would add that choice. It looks like several people are on the fence depending on the final product.

Any smart pinhead will take Stern's TERRIBLE record of the last few years into account and not jump headfirst into ANYTHING they announce. I know I'm done doing that. Very interested in this one, but we'll see what level of code it ships with and how much they've cost-reduced the build of THIS one.

#22 6 years ago

great band choice, but depends on the game itself. this was not a reveal at all. it was just a tease pre game. once the game pf is released then interest should grow or shrink. i love maiden, but would never buy it just because i love maiden.

lots of opportunity here, and i hope that stern makes the most of the options that the catalogue presents. clearly, the license is king here; if maiden doesn't give them license over their catalogue then its a bad game. if maiden gives them a large license over their music and art etc. then the game will be better. who knows at this point...

#23 6 years ago

Nope, love the band, no to Stern. Actually getting really bored of the whole scene...

#24 6 years ago

If it’s based off of The Legacy of the Beast game and artwork then NO. I can see why they went this way though, screen animations, game rules to build Eddie up for battles and such, but no thanks.

#25 6 years ago

Not sure we needed yet another thread. Seems like a small group making a lot of noise for this pin and most will only buy it if it kicks ass. The music can always be changed out for something better.

#26 6 years ago

Like previous post said there already is a thread on this with 92 confirmed buyers
( die hard Maiden fans)

#27 6 years ago

Like it,Want it,But will be waiting until the final polish on build and code are complete towards the end of the run before I pull the trigger.An unfortunate strategy I've had to develop with the stern track record.Hope it is a home run overall for everyone when its all done!

#28 6 years ago

Well put

#29 6 years ago

Im 99% sure i will buy one and have just sold my GB to fund it. Maiden, while not my favourite band nowdays were for a number of years. They were my 'gateway' band that got me into metal. So yeah im super keen on this. Thanks stern!

#30 6 years ago

Maiden : Awesome
Maiden + Lyman : instant buy !

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Jesus, how many old white dude's band themes can Stern churn out?

There’s actually a lot more for us old guys to be made yet. Bring on Van Halen next!!

#32 6 years ago

KME design.....automatic buy!

#33 6 years ago

Maybe, I like Iron Maiden.

I am just waiting for TRON VE to be honest.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There’s actually a lot more for us old guys to be made yet. Bring on Van Halen next!!

This old guy wants a Black Sabbath soon
Then my bucket list on that is complete

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

This old guy wants a Black Sabbath soon
Then my bucket list on that is complete

Yeah why not? Or maybe Ozzy or Dio also? Blue Oyster Cult maybe even......or maybe The Black and Blue tour even? All good stuff!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah why not? Or maybe Ozzy or Dio also? Blue Oyster Cult maybe even......or maybe The Black and Blue tour even? All good stuff!

Dio would be a dream pinball machine for me... I'd take a black sabbath one... Provided that Dio was represented as well. And don't give me crap that Black Sabbath is ONLY OZZY. They've had singers after Ozzy and Dio. BUT, it was Dio that returned them to relevancy with Heaven and Hell. And mind you all Mob Rules would have sold more, if they actually would have toured it properly. Dio got fired while mixing their Live Evil album or whatever it was called... Then in the 90s they had the Gem of an album Dehumanizer, which was successful. So it would only be fair to include Dio in a Black Sabbath pin... Heaven and Hell is one of the most important heavy metal albums ever. And Mob Rules also laid down the foundation for Thrash metal before there was thrash really. But, yeah I rather have a solo Dio machine. I personally think Ozzy is overated. He worked with great musicians and writers and had some great songs... But, I don't think he has the quantity of quality other rockers have. Maybe if Randy didn't die, maybe he would have had even more great albums... But, as is I think most of his work is meh.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Dio would be a dream pinball machine for me... I'd take a black sabbath one... Provided that Dio was represented as well. And don't give me crap that Black Sabbath is ONLY OZZY. They've had singers after Ozzy and Dio. BUT, it was Dio that returned them to relevancy with Heaven and Hell. And mind you all Mob Rules would have sold more, if they actually would have toured it properly. Dio got fired while mixing their Live Evil album or whatever it was called... Then in the 90s they had the Gem of an album Dehumanizer, which was successful. So it would only be fair to include Dio in a Black Sabbath pin... Heaven and Hell is one of the most important heavy metal albums ever. And Mob Rules also laid down the foundation for Thrash metal before there was thrash really. But, yeah I rather have a solo Dio machine. I personally think Ozzy is overated. He worked with great musicians and writers and had some great songs... But, I don't think he has the quantity of quality other rockers have. Maybe if Randy didn't die, maybe he would have had even more great albums... But, as is I think most of his work is meh.

I think Dio had the best voice out of all the Metal bands. He was awesome and his voice was very powerful.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Dio had the best voice out of all the Metal bands. He was awesome and his voice was very powerful.

You're alright in my book. And metal has a lot of great singers Dio of course, but also Halford, Dickinson, Geoff Tate, Michael Kiske, and I really like both of Savatages singers Zak Stevens and Jon Olivia(Savatage turned into Transiberian Orchestra).
I think Tony Iommi summed up Dio the best when he said Dio sang across the note. And it's true... I mean the pipes the man had, he didn't even need to rhyme to make his songs sound good. He just had that power.

#39 6 years ago

was hoping to see deadpool, but music wise, it will be way better than aerosmith. cant wait to play one when its out. maybe slayer will be next?

#40 6 years ago

Been waiting for over 5 years and I hate boring superhero movies

#41 6 years ago

As a designer, Iron Maiden would be a fantastic pin to work on. So many wonderful things you can do with this theme. And to be honest, the music is secondary. With modern technology, you can add an Iron Maiden soundtrack to any game you want (I added an AC/DC track list and jukebox to Iron Man, many years before Stern's AC/DC came out.) If you really, really want your favourite band's music in a pin, you can do it right now.

What you need as a designer is a hook: Aerosmith had that toy thing(?); Metallica had Sparky; Rolling Stones had Mick on a Stick (ok, bad example) and AC/DC had everything. Iron Maiden has Eddie, pure gold for a game designer. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

#42 6 years ago

Yep, im in!

#43 6 years ago

Guessing screen animation will be this.

Eddy battling worlds.

Anyway it's all about the code for me. Has to be great code, essential.

#44 6 years ago

Yet another iron maiden thread

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yet another iron maiden thread

ya

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 10.24.00 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-25 at 10.24.00 pm (resized).png

#46 6 years ago

Stern has two themes now it can do. 1980’s bands or Comic book super hero’s. I miss the day of unique themes. Thumbs up to JJP for dialed in!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Stern has two themes now it can do. 1980’s bands or Comic book super hero’s. I miss the day of unique themes. Thumbs up to JJP for dialed in!

The theme blows, but I own plenty of lousy themed Stern games.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Jesus, how many old white dude's band themes can Stern churn out?

I really dont get why people think of Maiden as an old white dudes band theme? They have a global fancrowd in almost all ages, from young kids to the oldies.

#49 6 years ago

They had a few tracks back in the day but they are part of a long list of hair bands that just didn’t survive into my adulthood. That being said the art and style is perfect for a pin this is a soft ball right over the plate for Stern. They would really need to do something unique to get my interest. I would want to see a blow up Eddie topper or Eddie animatronic that actually interacts with the ball and more than a mouth. They have to do more than GOTG and Kiss.

P.S. I passed on the poll as both options are silly.

#50 6 years ago

There are old bands that bring the same old shit with every new album again and again. In my opinion the last Iron Maiden Album was one of their bests. Even if they stay in the context what makes them great, they always try to bring something new into it. They are one of the rare bands I like the old stuff and the new stuff.

Ok they had their lows with a some albums (I don't like "No prayer for the dying") and lost fans but please listen for an example to the last one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-an-iron-maiden-pin?hl=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.