(483 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

i-got-a-5aaae3 (resized).jpg
Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld (resized).png
hasdfqdefault (resized).jpg
elvisvegas (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 10.24.00 pm (resized).png
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I wouldn’t buy the pin. I went to see Bruce Dickinson who was a keynote speaker last year. I talked to the girl who was organizing things back stage. She was just out of college, and Bruce tore into her, to the point where she cried.
I have no time for someone like that, so for me it’s a personal boycott.

I like my metal singers to be rude and lewd

If you want nice musicians, who respects other's feelings, wait for Nickelback to come to town.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you want nice musicians, who respects other's feelings, wait for Nickelback to come to town.

Winger's pretty polite, too.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Dio had the best voice out of all the Metal bands. He was awesome and his voice was very powerful.

He had a great sounding voice but really didn't have the range. Halford and Geoff Tate were 2 of the best. Listen to Queensryches "Take Hold of the Flame" or "Queen of the Ryche". And almost anything by Judas Priest.

#154 6 years ago

1 band vs the world. No crap they will lose. Any band would. But you will find maiden will hold up better then most. WATCH. And learn

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

He had a great sounding voice but really didn't have the range.

Dio did not need to have some operatic range, he was a power pack with entirely his own style.

I saw him with Sabbath, Rainbow and solo; he never sounded strained, he just effortlessly delivered the goods.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I actually think they are doing something closer to this by incorporating the legacy of the beast concept

I don't think so... because the game modes and rules are all literal interpretations of the song lyrics.. not stages of the same journey. The only continuity seems to be in the idea of collecting the shards and whatever that leads to in the final mode.

Legacy of the beast is more about character expansion and flushing out the settings. It's more an art driver than story driver IMO.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

If he's not coding this game I'm not buying. I wished he would recode Aerosmith. Stern get game fully coded, then work on next pin.

Here's the thing... part of what makes Lyman such a great game designer for rules/scoring is because Lyman is such a competitor when it comes to pinball and he knows what it means to have balance, how players will think and approach things... because he is one.

Now, instead of Lyman, you have arguably the best pinball player we've ever had, who can methodology dissect games, strategies, and approaches... doing it.

You're replacing a great pinball thinker with potentially the best thinker when it comes to figuring out rules pros and cons. It's unknown if KME will have the breadth to continue to be creative and diverse for a long time over many projects.. that we will have to see (far easier to critique then create..) . But concern over if he's up to the task for 'a' game? Not needed.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Would you buy an Iron Maiden pin?

Yes, but not because of the music (not a fan).

I'm currently in on an LE because of the playfield layout, ruleset, and artwork (so far).

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from karl:

By now we all know that it is Keith E. who is responsible for the rules on this machine. Is it really that important who the programmer is?

Nope - as long as they are competent. Even Lyman would tell you it's not writing the code that is hard... It's coming up with the ideas and what to do (or not do).

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Keynote speaker for what?

He does speaking engagements. Interestingly enough... he was just at Cisco Live Barcelona the other month.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He does speaking engagements. Interestingly enough... he was just at Cisco Live Barcelona the other month.

Heading to Orlando myself in June!

#162 6 years ago

Never been a fan of the Rock and Roll pin theme. I like more space and monsters myself. That being said, they must be lucrative because Stern keeps cranking them out. I am happy new titles are coming out but I’ll be waiting for something a little more to my liking. Come on Elvira 3!!!

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I went to see Bruce Dickinson who was a keynote speaker last year. I talked to the girl who was organizing things back stage. She was just out of college, and Bruce tore into her, to the point where she cried. I have no time for someone like that, so for me it’s a personal boycott.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Well, the world's a twisted place ...

#164 6 years ago

This is the first Stern in years that has me seriously interested in a purchase. Finished code, amazing art, fantastic layout.

I'll probably pick up a used premium in 18 months...I'll save a bunch of money and the first owner will iron out any NIB issues for me.

#165 6 years ago

Who did the code on this one? I think they said it would ship with 1.0 code but that number is entirely arbitrary.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Who did the code on this one? I think they said it would ship with 1.0 code but that number is entirely arbitrary.

I misspoke. What I really meant was finished rules, not finished code. I'm sure it'll take at least a little time for the code to catch up with Keith's rules.

#167 6 years ago

You would not want finished code from the factory anyway. That way things can be adjusted based on feedback from early users to make the game even better in the end. To me SW and GOTG are following a good arc. Good on day one, even better three months later and basically done by six months. Hopefully this game matures just as fast.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You would not want finished code from the factory anyway. That way things can be adjusted based on feedback from early users to make the game even better in the end. To me SW and GOTG are following a good arc. Good on day one, even better three months later and basically done by six months. Hopefully this game matures just as fast.

That definitely describes SW from my perspective. Is GOTG on the same trajectory? I heard a lot of complaining in the first few months, but haven't played a GOTG in a while.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Jesus, how many old white dude's band themes can Stern churn out? This is why pinball can't gain broader appeal.... extremely niche marketing. It's not even the era that's the issue, Jaws and BTTF are well-known 80's themes that would have a broader appeal. I have to imagine a very, very large part of this is Stern is looking for cheap licenses. Iron Maiden can't be that much. Can we please give band pins a break for say, then next decade?

Haha. This makes zero sense.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Heading to Orlando myself in June!

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I wouldn’t buy the pin. I went to see Bruce Dickinson who was a keynote speaker last year. I talked to the girl who was organizing things back stage. She was just out of college, and Bruce tore into her, to the point where she cried.
I have no time for someone like that, so for me it’s a personal boycott.

Lol. Even if this is right, maybe things were not organized as planned/requested, someone did not do as they were supposed to etc, maybe just having a bad day. Who hasnt had a bad day?

Anyhow if one really likes pinball this is a silly reason not to play or own an iron maiden pinball :p

1 month later
#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Me and my Metalhead friends stopped listening to IronMaiden after Powewrslave, Somewhere in time just didn't connect and I haven't heard anything I really liked by them since but I don't know how one could grow out of those first 5 albums, what replaced it for ya? the 90's were almost pure Death Metal for me but if Maiden and I mean "classic" Maiden came on I felt it alright, deep inside where I'm soft like a women......I've said too much.

Very late reply as I'm not that active here, but since you asked re me music.. Personally left that kind of rock behind. From memory of way back then, I went on to the 'New Wave' for a bit, but started going towards the inner city sounds of rap and hip hop, across eventually years later to DJing house music, Detroit Techno,electronica, etc. That's why I reckon it would be cool to see something a little outside the Stern 'Rock box' like a Beastie Boys theme. Should still appeal to similar demos as a lot of the rock pins themes do IMHO.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Musicians...lol

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

across eventually years later to DJing house music, Detroit Techno,electronica, etc

Oh No, I'm sorry that happened to ya. I like rap, older rap but still not interested in a pin with that kind of theme. To each his own. I could enjoy a Beastie Boys pin but when they started playing instruments not the old stuff. Oh Yeah when rap was great.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh No, I'm sorry that happened to ya. I like rap, older rap but still not interested in a pin with that kind of theme. To each his own. I could enjoy a Beastie Boys pin but when they started playing instruments not the old stuff. Oh Yeah when rap was great.
» YouTube video

So sorry it happened to me too lol. Lead to owning part of a small music label for my sins . Old school rap was a great era. I'd agree, generally no to Rap as a theme. But Beasties would sound 'Rockin' in a pin. Imagine Sabotage and Intergalactic in the soundtrack, hells yeah boyeeee !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
Wanted
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-an-iron-maiden-pin/page/4?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.