(483 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

i-got-a-5aaae3 (resized).jpg
Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld (resized).png
hasdfqdefault (resized).jpg
elvisvegas (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 10.24.00 pm (resized).png
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

In America, only the cool kids knew about Maiden.
But in Europe or South America, Maiden is friggin' everywhere.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You guys in usa love wrestling. Just saying...

Though not enough to sell WWE Pinball machines, apparently.

I imagine there's an Indiana Jones size warehouse with all the unsold WWE LEs somewhere. Probably been stripping them for the parts to make GotG and maybe even Iron Maiden. If they get that ugly mustard colored WWE armor on Maiden, that'll be the kiss of death. It's cursed.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipsMcgee:

I’m torn. I absolutely love Iron Maiden, but I’m just not a fan of the music-themed pins in general. I prefer something like Lord of the Rings, which feels like more of an adventure during gameplay.

I actually think they are doing something closer to this by incorporating the legacy of the beast concept

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So I grew up in that era and I don't recall any Iron Maiden radio play. I Google IM top 10 songs - # 10 never heard it - #9 nope - #8 and # 7 they sound just like #10 - # 2 . Well I'll for sure remember #1 nope ! Stern - I think you better stop at about 250 games because that's all you'll sell .

Something always mentioned in Maiden history is how they got so big without succumbing to forced commercial stuff (like metallicas black album, intentional or not). So no wonder many in the us only listening to radio in their younger years have not heard of them. Doesnt mean jack shit though, when their music is so good

#105 6 years ago

Yeah I mean Tenacious D is what all the cool kids are into these days right?

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You guys in usa love wrestling. Just saying...

Wrestling is the hardest sport out of all high school and college sports. Takes insane dedication and discipline. Some of the best athletes in the world are wrestlers or former wrestlers. You being from Brazil thought you might have a better appreciation for combat sports with jitsu being so popular.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Wrestling is the hardest sport out of all high school and college sports. Takes insane dedication and discipline. Some of the best athletes in the world are wrestlers or former wrestlers. You being from Brazil thought you might have a better appreciation for combat sports with jitsu being so popular.

My guess he is talking about the "fake" wrestling that Americans love. WWE etc.....

#108 6 years ago

No.

Didn't answer the poll because I've heard of them but am tired of band pins.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

In America, only the cool kids knew about Maiden.
But in Europe or South America, Maiden is friggin' everywhere.

Nah, I used to slap maiden fan boys (the only 2 in school) around and put cigarettes out on their forheads.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

My guess he is talking about the "fake" wrestling that Americans love. WWE etc.....

The fake stuff is called Wrasslin, the real stuff is called wrestling. Theres a big difference between the two

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The fake stuff is called Wrasslin, the real stuff is called wrestling. Theres a big difference between the two

True

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lyman isnt coding this game

If he's not coding this game I'm not buying. I wished he would recode Aerosmith. Stern get game fully coded, then work on next pin.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

The potential for an Indiana hook easily makes it the most distressing sport mentally.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

If he's not coding this game I'm not buying. I wished he would recode Aerosmith. Stern get game fully coded, then work on next pin.

Same here if not lyman on code i will wait till the code is at my taste , aint buying unfinished ever again unless its lyman cause he is the only one finishing games .

#115 6 years ago

I love bands that will be remembered forever in history getting a pin than some boring superhero movie that will be long forgotten in 5 or 10 years.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Same here if not lyman on code i will wait till the code is at my taste , aint buying unfinished ever again unless its lyman cause he is the only one finishing games .

I heard that he wasn't coding the game when i wrote that post but now ive heard hints that maybe he is helping on code, so truthfully i don't know if he is or not at this point. I wish that he could code every game honestly.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You guys in Europe also love David Hasselhoff. Just sayin'!

Hehe, Knight Rider rules

#118 6 years ago

hasdfqdefault (resized).jpghasdfqdefault (resized).jpg

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I heard that he wasn't coding the game when i wrote that post but now ive heard hints that maybe he is helping on code, so truthfully i don't know if he is or not at this point. I wish that he could code every game honestly.

By now we all know that it is Keith E. who is responsible for the rules on this machine. Is it really that important who the programmer is?

Lyman is a great coder, but it is the rules he is mostly remembered by. I am confident that Keith will do a great job with the rules. I also think that it is a bold move to do the rules on your first machine. I can't remember a designer that has done this at Stern before?

Let the man have a chance before you (most of you on here) shoot him down

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from karl:

By now we all know that it is Keith E. who is responsible for the rules on this machine. Is it really that important who the programmer is?
Lyman is a great coder, but it is the rules he is mostly remembered by. I am confident that Keith will do a great job with the rules. I also think that it is a bold move to do the rules on your first machine. I can't remember a designer that has done this at Stern before?
Let the man have a chance before you (most of you on here) shoot him down

What the hell are you talking about? Who did i shoot down???

#121 6 years ago

"No, never heard of them. No interest at all. : (277 votes) "

The band's discography has grown to thirty-eight albums, including sixteen studio albums, twelve live albums, four EPs, and seven compilations.
the band have sold over 100 million copies of their albums worldwide.
"Top 20 Metal Bands". The band also won the Ivor Novello Award for international achievement in 2002 and were inducted into the Hollywood RockWalk whilst touring in the US in 2005.
Oh and they have been active since 1975... 43 years only....

277 pinheads have deadset been living under a rock.. wtf

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

"No, never heard of them. No interest at all. : (277 votes) "
The band's discography has grown to thirty-eight albums, including sixteen studio albums, twelve live albums, four EPs, and seven compilations.
the band have sold over 100 million copies of their albums worldwide.
"Top 20 Metal Bands". The band also won the Ivor Novello Award for international achievement in 2002 and were inducted into the Hollywood RockWalk whilst touring in the US in 2005.
Oh and they have been active since 1975... 43 years only....

They get almost no radio play over here, so I’m sure that doesn’t help.

I should have worded the poll choices better. I’m sure the majority that checked”no” have heard of them before, but just have no desire to purchase the pin.

#124 6 years ago

Always how I like to start my mornings off....a little mano et mano up close and real personal action....wtf

#125 6 years ago

Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld (resized).pngNot-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld (resized).png

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Always how I like to start my mornings off....a little mano et mano up close and real personal action....wtf

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Probably helped cure your morning wood

(unless you are into that which is completely acceptable and there is nothing wrong with that)

#128 6 years ago

Cured it?
i-got-a-5aaae3 (resized).jpgi-got-a-5aaae3 (resized).jpg

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Funny , all the folks who wanted to see it first
But really Already made up their mind
And get financing in place
It’s Maiden !!

2 years ago I would have bought it sight unseen... Nowadays Stern better show me something impressive to get my money.....

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

2 years ago I would have bought it sight unseen... Nowadays Stern better show me something impressive to get my money.....

Right. I don't get how people can buy based on theme alone especially with Stern. Some of my favorite games have themes that I am not really into. I have two pins I love based on bad movies and one based on a band that I never been into any of their music. They are all great pins. There are lots of other pins with great themes but gameplay is just not there.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's "mano a mano" and it means "hand to hand"...

#132 6 years ago

I would like to change my vote. It's gorgeous.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

many of us would like a second chance

#134 6 years ago

The last time I was at Fenway Park, there were multiple rain delays, really dragged the game out. Over the PA "2 Minutes to Midnight" starts playing. Wicked Awesome. Sure enough, it was 11:58.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

It's "mano a mano" and it means "hand to hand"...

What's the translation for "boot to ass"?

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

What's the translation for "boot to ass"?

caliga ad asinus

#137 6 years ago

so... I guess after reveal the poll results might be a bit bogus

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I love music pins and I love the classic rock bands from the 70's and 80's but I had no intentions of buying this pin. I own Metallica and love the way it plays, but I'm not really into the heavy metal music of Metallica, so I was in no way interested in Iron Maidien , but WOW, the art package and playfield layout just blows me away.
Luckily I was able to find a LE this morning that I was able to put a deposit on. I said I was done buying Stern's LE's but they finally stepped up the value that they should have been putting in them all along . With only 150 LE's staying here in the states, the resale of them should hold up very well.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

That's either real old guys, super geeks and ofcourse pinsiders who listen to shit music. I mean you have to be listening to real shitty music and be in a serious dumbfuck bubble to never have heard of Maiden. I'm not saying you have to like them but "never heard of them" ?? who cares I'm getting what looks like a great pin from one of my fav bands, good times ahead.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats either real old guys...

Quoted from RGR:

It's actually just a shitty poll guys. Not rocket scientry

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's actually just a shitty poll guys. Not rocket scientry

Nah I'm sticking with "dumbfuck bubble" on this one

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats either real old guys, super geeks and ofcourse pinsiders who listen to shit music. I mean you have to be listening to real shitty music and be in a serious dumbfuck bubble to never have heard of Maiden. I'm not saying you have to ot even you should but "never heard of them" ??

People saying never heard of them is a stretch - but that may be true for a few. The poll should have just been "Yes, interested" or "Not interested" -and maybe throw in an undecided.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Nah I'm sticking with "dumbfuck bubble" on this one

That's fine, but that DB would probably be for the very young people with more choices not old people. Older folks grew up without a bubble, and lived through it. No one I know listens to IM (maybe 2-3 loose ends), every single person knows whom they are though.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Yes, interested" or "Not interested" -and maybe throw in an undecided.

agreed and I'm one to talk, if ur a big comic book geek or Marvel nerd it would probably be amazing to you that I never heard of Blank Panther till this new movie and no interest in seeing. I'm making a poll.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

but that DB would probably be for the very young people with more choices

Do we even have very young people on this site? DB come on Law you know its true.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Do we even have very young people on this site? DB come on Law you know its true.

It's the goddamn Melennials man!!! Anyone that grew up with the internet

#147 6 years ago

I know they have some cool ass transportation! They fly themselves around unlke some rockers that can't even drive a car.

Is Ed Force One represented on the pin?

#148 6 years ago

I’m buying this for the beautiful piece of mind bumpers and aces high airplane on the ramp

#149 6 years ago

I wouldn’t buy the pin. I went to see Bruce Dickinson who was a keynote speaker last year. I talked to the girl who was organizing things back stage. She was just out of college, and Bruce tore into her, to the point where she cried.
I have no time for someone like that, so for me it’s a personal boycott.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I wouldn’t buy the pin. I went to see Bruce Dickinson who was a keynote speaker last year. I talked to the girl who was organizing things back stage. She was just out of college, and Bruce tore into her, to the point where she cried.
I have no time for someone like that, so for me it’s a personal boycott.

Keynote speaker for what?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-an-iron-maiden-pin/page/3?hl=smognote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.