(483 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

i-got-a-5aaae3 (resized).jpg
Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld (resized).png
hasdfqdefault (resized).jpg
elvisvegas (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 10.24.00 pm (resized).png
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

The theme blows, but I own plenty of lousy themed Stern games.

I thought the same thing, but bought the game on the strength of the fun factor - and it turns out the theme is actually “city disaster” just like pat’s early games

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

They had a few tracks back in the day but they are part of a long list of hair bands that just didn’t survive into my adulthood. That being said the art and style is perfect for a pin this is a soft ball right over the plate for Stern. They would really need to do something unique to get my interest. I would want to see a blow up Eddie topper or Eddie animatronic that actually interacts with the ball and more than a mouth. They have to do more than GOTG and Kiss.
P.S. I passed on the poll as both options are silly.

Darscott... Iron Maiden isn't a hair band... Not even remotely close. Hairbands were winger, poison, cindrella... Iron Maiden never was a gimmick band. Oh, and Whitesnake wasn't a hair band either.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Darscott... Iron Maiden isn't a hair band... Not even remotely close. Hairbands were winger, poison, cindrella... Iron Maiden never was a gimmick band. Oh, and Whitesnake wasn't a hair band either.

I’m not fussed about the official naming convention. I grant you they set the standard, that all those bands copied. I guess they are the Grandfather of hair bands. I’m not sure that is an improvement.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I really dont get why people think of Maiden as an old white dudes band theme?

Because they listen to shit music and wish that the horseshit bands that play that horseshit music would get a pin, you know what I think about that? Horseshit

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I thought the same thing, but bought the game on the strength of the fun factor - and it turns out the theme is actually “city disaster” just like pat’s early games

What about build it bob, who ever that women is and Richard Simmons cell phone? I mean don't get me wrong its a great playing pin and I like the disaster elements but selfies and emojis etc. Not for me.

#56 6 years ago

Stern is being lazy and I think it's gonna disappoint. Legacy of the Beast is a pretty lame video game and the video clips are pretty much done for them. Probably another price increase too. FUCK that!!!

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Because they listen to shit music and wish that the horseshit bands that play that horseshit music would get a pin, you know what I think about that? Horseshit

If you want a band theme pinball, there are a lot of better bands better. The Police are arguably one of the best bands ever and no pinball. My point is still can we get some unique thinking instead of 80’s Bands and Super Hero’s?

#58 6 years ago

Yes will buy, if the *CODE* is ready/good!

#59 6 years ago

I do love me some Police, and I agree on more great non-licensed ideas. But I was at the DI reveal, and crowd reaction was not pretty. Fast forward to now and a lot of people love that machine myself included.
My point is why would Gary fix somethin that ain't broken?

#60 6 years ago

Yuri you know yer buyin this don't even front lol.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

If you want a band theme pinball, there are a lot of better bands better. The Police are arguably one of the best bands ever and no pinball. My point is still can we get some unique thinking instead of 80’s Bands and Super Hero’s?

If Stern could get the licensing, David Bowie would be a fantastic music pin choice! His music was relevant and popular throughout his entire career. Blackstar was released in 2017 and won 5 Grammy's and was some of the best music he ever created. His music actually evolved and changed with the times unlike most rock bands that peaked in the 80s and mostly fell into obscurity. Prince would be my other top choice although his music faded after the early 90s.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I do love me some Police, and I agree on more great non-licensed ideas. But I was at the DI reveal, and crowd reaction was not pretty. Fast forward to now and a lot of people love that machine myself included.
My point is why would Gary fix somethin that ain't broken?

You are probably right, if it’s “Not broken”. I own 10 machines, and has no interest in a Stern. JJP is more my eye or American pinball. I will purchase one of them first before a Stern.

#63 6 years ago

The options are dumb.

C. Yes I would by one and no interest in Iron Maiden.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yuri you know yer buyin this don't even front lol.

No chance, but I’m sure the 1up will have it on location. Come on down!

#65 6 years ago

Yuri I'm gettin ready to bump all 52 Maiden threads for an all Maiden Pinside.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

The Police are arguably one of the best bands ever and no pinball.

I love the Police but I wouldn't want a Police themed pin, for me the music doesn't lend itself to pinball and Iron Maiden is 100% in the category of best bands ever. Metal/hard rock just works so damn well, I'm a big classical fan and I would love to see that incorporated into a pin, outer space theme with a classical soundtrack, I like it a lot.

#67 6 years ago

Maiden is a dream theme for me

Just hope the video animations and artwork come from the 80 material and have the same look.

Songs.....here again nothing after fear of the dark but if not who cares we can do wonders with pinball browser.

If Lyman codes it we could have a masterpiece.

I can't believe Stern could miss the obvious and come up with an app store related game with material from 90 and 2000. But then again we are dealing with a company who likes to cut corners and pay as less as possible to get minimum licenses in themes.

#68 6 years ago

Can you imagine if they come up with a game from an irrelevant era that irritates the fans. With all the people not into maiden if they insult the true fans hehehe that could be terrible for them.

80 for art, songs and videos if not you missed it

Like coming out with a game base on Al Pacino latest movie and leaving the godfather, scarface not in the game. Is that so hard to understand ?

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Like coming out with a game base on Al Pacino latest movie and leaving the godfather, scarface not in the game. Is that so hard to understand ?

I can imagine it only from the artist side. You know how some people only want to play the new album when you see them and throw a couple encores old shcools your way I'm sure they aren't the type but you know what I'm saying.

#70 6 years ago

Depends if it has enough cowbell.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Depends if it has enough cowbell.

Cock of the walk indeed

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

If Lyman codes it we could have a masterpiece.

Lyman isnt coding this game

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Can we see it before we decide?

Funny , all the folks who wanted to see it first
But really Already made up their mind
And get financing in place
It’s Maiden !!

#74 6 years ago

I don’t understand all of the companies wanting to do band/music pins. Why not a Spaceballs? Mission Imposible? Deadpool?

#75 6 years ago

I've heard of Iron Maiden, seen artwork for their Tshirt etc... But I have never willingly listened to them or don't believe I couldn't even recognize one of their songs. With that said, I know they have a good following. Everyone deserve their dream pin. And for some this will be it.

#76 6 years ago

out of curiosity I skipped through their greatest hits album via youtube, I did recognize one of the songs. Liked the guitar solos.
sure everyones heard of at least one song from them... well most everyone.

#77 6 years ago

Not a chance.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

I don’t understand all of the companies wanting to do band/music pins. Why not a Spaceballs? Mission Imposible? Deadpool?

Maybe because music theme pinball are more party oriented and have original songs from the groups we love. Most of the movie theme have multi groups soundtrack which is way more expensive if you need to pay for more than 1 band. That's why sometime the great soundtrack is missing with movie themes. Also when I go to play on locations, mostly bars AC/DC and Metallica fit more than lotr or gotg.

Just my opinion, personaly I love all genre as long it's fun to play. All the movies you mentionned are great themes.

#79 6 years ago

Loved listening to IM when I was about 11, Run to the Hills era. Grew out of listening to them not long after. I'd buy an AC/DC in terms of theme before an IM, but still not ahead of my other wishlist Sterns like TWD and ST. Wish they hadn't done a another Rock theme to be honest.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Grew out of listening to them not long after.

Me and my Metalhead friends stopped listening to IronMaiden after Powewrslave, Somewhere in time just didn't connect and I haven't heard anything I really liked by them since but I don't know how one could grow out of those first 5 albums, what replaced it for ya? the 90's were almost pure Death Metal for me but if Maiden and I mean "classic" Maiden came on I felt it alright, deep inside where I'm soft like a women......I've said too much.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Two words: foreign sales.

American pop culture doesn't always catch on outside of the US. So, picking a theme that isn't popular in foreign markets will hurt sales.

Well known rock bands are fairly popular pretty much everywhere.

#82 6 years ago

I’m torn. I absolutely love Iron Maiden, but I’m just not a fan of the music-themed pins in general. I prefer something like Lord of the Rings, which feels like more of an adventure during gameplay.

And no Maiden fan better shit on LoTR here, Dickenson sings a wonderful epic song about Mr. Frodo, I’ll have you know.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

One of those three is on the way.

#84 6 years ago

Man you guys who say you’ve never heard a Maiden song or don’t like them need to listen to some songs ASAP!!

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Powerslave
Children Of The Damned
22 Acacia Ave
Aces High
Phantom Of the Opera

I mean c mon those are some seriously amazing songs!!!

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Jesus, how many old white dude's band themes can Stern churn out? This is why pinball can't gain broader appeal.... extremely niche marketing. It's not even the era that's the issue, Jaws and BTTF are well-known 80's themes that would have a broader appeal. I have to imagine a very, very large part of this is Stern is looking for cheap licenses. Iron Maiden can't be that much. Can we please give band pins a break for say, then next decade?

why? music pins are some of the best pins made to date! Metallica, guns n roses, ad/dc, aerosmith, hell even elvis is a fun game!

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

hell even elvis is a fun game!

talk about a great vault based on his 70's stuff, leaving out the last few bloated drug years ofcourse but the songs
Polk Salad Annie
cc Rider
Big Boss man so many more.

elvisvegas (resized).jpgelvisvegas (resized).jpg

#87 6 years ago

I’m holding out for a Michael Bolton pin.....

#88 6 years ago

So I grew up in that era and I don't recall any Iron Maiden radio play. I Google IM top 10 songs - # 10 never heard it - #9 nope - #8 and # 7 they sound just like #10 - # 2 . Well I'll for sure remember #1 nope ! Stern - I think you better stop at about 250 games because that's all you'll sell .

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So I grew up in that era and I don't recall any Iron Maiden radio play. I Google IM top 10 songs - # 10 never heard it - #9 nope - #8 and # 7 they sound just like #10 - # 2 . Well I'll for sure remember #1 nope ! Stern - I think you better stop at about 250 games because that's all you'll sell .

Same; I sat down and listened to the top however many songs and had only heard one song before. I've been listening to rock radio and classics since the early 70's. Funny thing is they sound like Spinal Tap to me. Total formula music, but great artwork.

250 is pretty low for sales especially since they are popular over seas. If its a good game it will sell more than that.

#90 6 years ago

Its amazing to read all these posts about guys not knowing nothing or very litte about Iron Maiden,
Ive always heard that Iron Maiden wasnt big in US but i always thought that cant be true,
I live in Europe and can say in this region they are definatly among the top like AC/DC, Metallica, Kiss & GNR, they all are in the same league.
To compare with something like Aerosmith, sure they have some nice songs, but ive never met a guy stating, Im an Aerosmith fan and they bloody rock!
So i can easily state that in Europe Iron Maiden will sell ten times more then the Aerosmith pinball did, and thats me being very nice on the Aerosmith numbers.

Not to piss anyone off, but its just so surprising to read all these posts, thereby I wanted to show another reality then from what i read on the posts from US
Take care everyone, its gonna be a great game! (I really hope)

#91 6 years ago

In Canada Iron Maiden definitely had their day. They may not have got a lot of radio play but they were a staple on the power hour. Everyone could sing along to Run to the Hills, Aces High and Number of the Beast. It's not for me these days but their fans are out there and my guess is it does better than Kiss world wide.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Ive always heard that Iron Maiden wasnt big in US but i always thought that cant be true,

You guys in Europe also love David Hasselhoff. Just sayin'!

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

We apparently love the Hoff again too, did you catch the ending credits for GOTG 2?

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

...did you catch the ending credits for GOTG 2?

Sadly I made it all the way through that technicolor mess.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

they were a staple on the power hour

Ahhhhh the "Powa owa" with Michael Williams I remember it well.

#96 6 years ago

I hope they don’t incorporate the song titles on the playfield like Aerosmith did, I like the art but can’t tolerate that rock opera sound. I’d replace every song and make a greatest hits of metal because the art looks like a Tales from the Crypt poster. I like the archer layout, might be a perfect game to play in a bar so when you can’t hear it you won’t mind.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Stern has two themes now it can do. 1980’s bands or Comic book super hero’s. I miss the day of unique themes.

Yeah, I loved when Big Juicy Mellons came to town, their singer Melony tore it up.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You guys in usa love wrestling. Just saying...

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Its amazing to read all these posts about guys not knowing nothing or very litte about Iron Maiden

In America, only the cool kids knew about Maiden.

But in Europe or South America, Maiden is friggin' everywhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-an-iron-maiden-pin/page/2?hl=flipsmcgee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.