(Topic ID: 160860)

Would you buy an Apocalypse Now pinball machine?

By o-din

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

p1061_p_v8_aa_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    maxresdefault_(resized).jpg
    charlie-sheen-gets-visit-from-father-martin-in-anger-management_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    quote-i-grew-up-with-apocalypse-now-and-badlands-so-i-had-a-real-awe-thing-going-gary-cole-39814_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

I think I would. I'm not big on the retro themes of late, but this one would be hard to resist. I'll leave this open for discussion and add a poll later.

#2 3 years ago

Charlie don't surf multiball!

#3 3 years ago

"Terminate with extreme prejudice" wizard mode!

#4 3 years ago

I would rather have a Full Metal Jacket pinball.

#5 3 years ago

I'd rather see full metal jacket.

Choke yourself private Pyle.

image_(resized).jpeg

#6 3 years ago

Yer poll will be added.

#7 3 years ago

Yep... Air cavalry Trippin multiball.

#8 3 years ago

The Horror !! Oh the horror !!

#9 3 years ago

After you beat the Colonel Kurtz Wizard mode you get this call out:

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like....victory.

#10 3 years ago

quote-i-grew-up-with-apocalypse-now-and-badlands-so-i-had-a-real-awe-thing-going-gary-cole-39814_(resized).jpg

#11 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#12 3 years ago

I love the smell of multiball in the morning. It reminds me of victory.

LTG : )

#13 3 years ago

You want Platoon? You're kidding right?

charlie-sheen-gets-visit-from-father-martin-in-anger-management_(resized).jpg

#14 3 years ago

That guy on the right has AIDs

#15 3 years ago

Yes. Yes I would.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I'd rather see full metal jacket.
    Choke yourself private Pyle.

Don't bring my hand to your neck, now lean forward and choke yourself.

#18 3 years ago

No. I've seen it several times and still don't know what the point was in the colonel's compound.

Full Metal Jacket is great until the end of the boot camp part, just tolerable after that. Typical Kubrick with some great parts, a lot of ok parts and too much WTF is going on. It still pisses me off that 2001 takes 20 minutes to tell you apes evolved at the monolith.

#19 3 years ago

Apocalypse Now could be a cool theme. FMJ not so much. You are right, after boot camp it goes downhill. Platoon????? No way...........

#20 3 years ago

Hamburger Hill

maxresdefault_(resized).jpg

#21 3 years ago

I don't think any serious war movie used as a pinball theme would work.
    I know I would order a Tropic Thunder LE.
    The movie has endless really funny quotes and great moments to be made into a pin.

image_(resized).jpeg

#22 3 years ago

I have a playfield. Could use the rest of the game.

#23 3 years ago

A lot cooler of a theme than whats been put out lately. Could be a real cool machine. Would I buy one? NIB? No.

#24 3 years ago

I probably wouldn't buy one. Although I like the film I don't really think it's a good theme for a pinball machine. It was Francis Ford Coppola's intention to make a film that showed the horrors of the war in Vietnam and he does a good job of it. Nothing to really glorify or belittle by using it as the theme of a pinball machine of all things. I doubt Coppola would permit the licensing of it.

A lot of us Americans had family members who were killed or maimed in Vietnam. It's really no different than making a pinball machine using the Iraqi War of the war in Afghanistan as a theme. Kind of in bad taste if you ask me.

I can think of a lot better themes to use for a freakin' pinball machine.

#25 3 years ago

I love the movie, however it was supposed to be based on Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" novel. I just don't think it will translate to pinball. Only a handful of film buffs would want it. Most people didn't even understand the movie, much less a pin based on it. So many untapped killer themes out there, we need a good SW pin before this one. We need Blade Runner, Evil dead, Monty Python and my personal favorite Beetlejuice with custom call outs from Keaton himself.

#27 3 years ago

"Would you buy an Apocalypse Now Pinball Machine?"

Charlie don't play pinball.

So...no.

#28 3 years ago

I would, but only if it is a preorder deal.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

I would, but only if it is a preorder deal.

+1, also it must cost at least 16k

#31 3 years ago

I just called the number on the back of the DVD case and they said we can do whatever the hell we want with the license. Please send $4,995 to richardhead@skitb.com

#32 3 years ago

Ok , so Apocalypse Now is not getting overwhelming response and may be a little too intense for today's pinball enthusiast. So maybe it might be time to go in another direction with a similar theme.

p1061_p_v8_aa_(resized).jpg

#33 3 years ago

Gomer Pyle? MASH? Hogan's Heroes?
    Still would rather have any Kubrick theme, The Shining -- Dr. Strangelove -- Clockwork Orange

#34 3 years ago

I wouldn't just as I didn't want a CSI, TWD, or heavy metals or hard rock band themes. CSI is still weird a theme about murder and autopsies. No thanks! I'm personally not into themes that I find depressing or gruesome. Maybe because I'm a counselor and see and hear so much negative and painful stuff my opinion is skewed, I prefer mostly light, upbeat and uplifting themes.
    I'm also fine with more serious themes but themes like the Vietnam War, ones with a ton of harsh language, or gruesome humor (versus the funny and lightheartedness of SM, MM, AMH, MB, etc. even Whirlwind which has humor and doesn't take itself too seriously.) I like the movie Apocalypse Now, Schlinder's List, Hotel Rwanda and other movies that are quite serious and even violent. But watching a movie that I can learn more about human nature, including the good bad and stuff in between is fine. But for me personally some themes for pins are just too heavy and depressing to sound much fun to me.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

I don't think any serious war movie used as a pinball theme would work.
    I know I would order a Tropic Thunder LE.

Good point...most top rated games tend to have humorous themes. MM could have been very dark (killing, torture, plague), but the pivot toward humor makes all the difference.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Good point...most top rated games tend to have humorous themes. MM could have been very dark (killing, torture, plague),

It hasn't stopped people from buying games like The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones. Then there is WWE and Kiss which are just plain torture.

#37 3 years ago

I would have to buy it simply because it's one of my husband's favorite movies. I bet it would have awesome shout outs too.

#38 3 years ago

Yep, one of my favorites!

#39 3 years ago

I'd rather see something funny and fantastical, like American Sniper!

#40 3 years ago

I was going add American Sniper to the poll. I was just waiting for the suggestion...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 29.99
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 28.00
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    £ 20.00
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 89.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside