(Topic ID: 221030)

Would you buy a Pin, with a Political Theme?

By OLDPINGUY

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy a NIB Pin with a Political Theme today?”

• Yes 14 votes
    18%
  • No 51 votes
    67%
  • Maybe 11 votes
    14%

(76 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-1 (resized).jpg
pol (resized).jpg
poll (resized).jpg
polll (resized).jpg
726A82C3-2C9B-4865-9B1F-5486096415D3 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

With the hope Im helping and honoring a friend, A Diner Pinball Machine was offered to me.
Not being too familiar with the game, I see the figures in the Playfield are Political leaders of the day.

Would you buy a Political Pin today?
Say it represented a 50% 50% split....Red vs Blue with White in the middle.
All positive, with some humor, like Clinton in Revenge from Mars.....Would it work?

(Try to keep the Topic on Political Pinball, but not Politics, except for features that have Politics, but really dont.

#2 5 years ago

There is one guy in the US that is an extreme unbelievable cartoon character.
Pair him with China, mexicans, russians and let the fun begin.
It will leave a sour taste in you mouth, be the sad abysmal fake truth and be depressing, but it might work.

#3 5 years ago

Nope - WAY too much in everyday life already. Pinball is an escape from such things for me.

#4 5 years ago

I would rather buy a mother-in-law pin than a political pin.

#5 5 years ago

If a pin is good i'll buy it...unless it's Wrastling.
Well unless it's some Frankie Goes to Hollywood type political Wrastling maybe.

#6 5 years ago

Its funny because there have been Political Cartoons, say Lil Bush, That I found hysterical, but at the time was offensive to his supporters.....I think that True as far back as I can remember. Cartoons of our elected officials..from Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall on!
Caricatures of our Politicians, perhaps with settings for personal views could be built in.

A cartoon Obama could have humorous quotes that are neutral, or unique to ones position.....
Talk about callouts!

#7 5 years ago

Some famous Quotes too...Again Mods, not trying to stir Politics, just humor....

"Mission Accomplished"....A Goal oriented Mode, that never ends, or ends early.
"Keep Your Doctor" Hurry Up
"Build a Wall" Bonus
Cigar diverter Ramp.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Would you buy a Political Pin today?

Heck no.

However, I would potentially be interested in a game that exemplifies national pride, history, and accomplishment. Going in another direction, maybe even American legends, folklore, and tall tales--a lot of fun stuff could be found in there.

#9 5 years ago
726A82C3-2C9B-4865-9B1F-5486096415D3 (resized).jpeg726A82C3-2C9B-4865-9B1F-5486096415D3 (resized).jpeg
#10 5 years ago

How many political figures have been featured on pinball?

The Reagans on cyclone, Clintons on RFM, Gorbechav on Taxi....any others?

#11 5 years ago

If the machine featured a lot of bash toys. . . it could work.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Heck no.
However, I would potentially be interested in a game that exemplifies national pride, history, and accomplishment. Going in another direction, maybe even American legends, folklore, and tall tales--a lot of fun stuff could be found in there.

I think it would be hard to draw a line between national pride and nationalism, but I can tell you I'd love the hell out of a pin featuring Paul Bunyon, Big Foot, and the Jersey Devil.

#15 5 years ago

American tall tales pin could be fun, there could be a mode for each section of the country, like Road Show. I could also see a funny MAD-magazine-style mashup of parodies of past presidents, with modes for their exploits.

As for actual current-events politics, probably not, what's happening right now is terrifying enough without having to deal with it during my leisure time.

#17 5 years ago

I like a little humor snuck in, Reagan on a Rollercoaster, Bill Clinton on Revenge from Mars. As far as a dedicated theme, I really hope not.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Abe Lincoln also on RFM.

#19 5 years ago

it was made before the election the wall street journal had it made i think

pol (resized).jpgpol (resized).jpgpoll (resized).jpgpoll (resized).jpgpolll (resized).jpgpolll (resized).jpg
#20 5 years ago

Sure as long as it played good.

It could have dueling elephant and donkey bash toys.

Hanging chad targets.

Mudslinging multiball.

Broken promises wizard mode.

Sore loser replay awards.

#21 5 years ago

Politics have become to politicized.

#22 5 years ago

No, I would not; no way. Pinball should not be a divider, especially with the climate we have right now.

#23 5 years ago
image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg
#24 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Some famous Quotes too...Again Mods, not trying to stir Politics, just humor....

Senator, I served with Steve Ritchie. I knew Steve Ritchie. Steve Ritchie was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Steve Ritchie.

#26 5 years ago

No way, pinball has enough of it's own politics.

I'd be into a tall tales, or cryptozoology type pin for sure.

#27 5 years ago

Nope. Nada. Zero chance.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I think it would be hard to draw a line between national pride and nationalism

I don't think it's that hard.

There's a difference between saying something like "I'm proud to live here and proud to have xyz" and "My place is better than your place, and your place sucks, nyah, nyah, nyah".

#29 5 years ago

I think it could be fun if executed right. A game like Race to the White House or something like that. Have fun with an elections mode and work your way on up. Like a dig the dirt/sling mud on other candidates. Fundraising modes. Shake hands, kiss babies mode. Turn about modes. Just make it a nonpartisan game and have fun the political process itself. There should be plenty of jokes to make it a humorous game.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Reagan is also on Secret Service. So is Abraham Lincoln and George Washington chopping down a cherry tree. Benjamin Franklin is also represented with his kite.

#31 5 years ago

I think the closest I'd get to saying a political pin would be worth making is something along the lines of Secret Service. Something with a self contained, fictional narrative about a missing or abuducted president would be fun. I haven't read the book myself, but I've heard a lot of talk recently about "The President is Missing" by Bill Clinton and James Patterson. But a quick glance at the plot synopsis aligns pretty heavily with what I had in mind.

#33 5 years ago

Isn't the White House on the AFM/AFMr playfield?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I think the closest I'd get to saying a political pin would be worth making is something along the lines of Secret Service. Something with a self contained, fictional narrative about a missing or abuducted president would be fun. I haven't read the book myself, but I've heard a lot of talk recently about "The President is Missing" by Bill Clinton and James Patterson. But a quick glance at the plot synopsis aligns pretty heavily with what I had in mind.

Along this line of thinking, why not make something for the armed forces? Something with the Navy, Army, Air Force, SEALs, etc?

#35 5 years ago

What's up with all the supposedly non-political political threads around here lately?

You guys all sick of Facebook?

Odin, we need a non-political political parody thread...STAT!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

I think it could be fun if executed right. A game like Race to the White House or something like that. Have fun with an elections mode and work your way on up. Like a dig the dirt/sling mud on other candidates. Fundraising modes. Shake hands, kiss babies mode. Turn about modes. Just make it a nonpartisan game and have fun the political process itself. There should be plenty of jokes to make it a humorous game.

I was gonna joke that “nonpartisan” is basically impossible nowadays but I guess for most people who actually buy pins the only thing politics affects is their wallet so it might work. It would be cute to have a back glass toy with two racing opponents like a horse-race carnival game, and modes to gather voters in different parts of the country by ways of humorously shallow appeasement. Or done in an overtly parodic style, like Bally Game Show.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Good book!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-a-pin-with-a-political-theme?hl=dragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.