(Topic ID: 79112)

Would you buy a NIB or a HUO, price aside?

By NJGecko

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which machine would you prefer?”

• HUO 10 votes
      26%
    • NIB 28 votes
      74%

(38 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

NIB without a doubt. You get a full warranty.....everything "should be perfect".....shipped to your door (so many on here don't understand that the NIB price includes shipping so then they sell it after playing it for a year or so for $500 less they truly think they are given the next guy such a great deal....difference is someone has to pick it up and many on here drive hours round trip). Your first $300 loss (shipping) really isn't a loss on the "use of the machine"......it is a loss on the shipping you paid to have it put on your driveway and not have to drive anywhere....

However, if HUO's are priced correctly (which I agree is 10-15 percent off the price PRIOR to shipping) I buy HUO (bought a MET PRO HUO ($3,700), TSPP HUO ($4,100), X-MEN LE HUO ($5.2K with shaker delivered to my house), SM HUO ($5K but perfect), IM HUO ($6K with $500 in mods but I knew I was overpaying but it was delivered and the guy I knew and even put in 2 shakers for me).

As an example use AC/DC premium a $6.3 K pin delivered to your house (mine was $6K delivered). You have to take out the shipping which makes it a $6K pin and subtract 10% that gives you $5.4K. That is with only a 10% loss (which many "cry" about....my response is get out of the hobby if you can't handle a 10% loss you shouldn't be buying a $6.3K pin in my opinion).....these are expensive items so people have to understand 10-15 percent of a big number less the shipping cost is a DECENT LOSS (maybe some people shouldn't be in the hobby if they can't afford that type of loss....everyone wants the hobby to be free or almost free). I think buyers are finally waking up (really it is the buyers that make a market) and finally "digging in a little" and saying "wait a second" and unless it is priced correctly they aren't buying (10% less as well as $300 less for the shipping....).

Therefore, I DEFINITELY will always go HUO if priced correctly.....but would buy a NIB if the prices are the same or very close to an HUO. All you have to do is look at all the AC/DC HUO premiums "sitting" and the ones selling are following the 10%-15% rule after subtracting out $300 for shipping cost. Hopefully, this becomes the "new normal" as that will make people think twice about pre-ordering NIB and help keep NIB prices more in check and might stop LE's selling out the first day or two (well, that will probably not happen UNTIL THEY START MAKING THE DEPOSIT NON-REFUNDABLE which I truly hope happens.....people are always hoping for the next TRON LE or BIBLE without taking the risk (one reason I think you see cancellations when certain pins don't prove to be as popular).

#9 10 years ago

Ice....NIB IS BETTER without a DOUBT.....but if priced correctly will always go HUO is not a contradiction. NIB is BETTER but if priced right it makes more "economical sense" to go HUO.....

Read Ghecko's post....his original point was would you go NIB or HUO if priced THE SAME.....so my response was NIB WITHOUT A DOUBT (assuming they were priced the same).....but HUO if priced the way it should be priced I would buy over NIB every day of the week.

Forget it.....LOL ..... why do I bother .... you know the earth is round ..... guess we can debate that next..... I am sure it is not "perfectly round"....LOL !!!

#11 10 years ago

Ice we actually agree.....amazing and a little scary...LOL......more fun typing away though then keeping it concise....why say in one sentence what you can say in a novel is my "motto"..... that is why I never text on a cell phone. Those little keypads I can only type like 3 words a minute rather then the 60 or 70 a can pound out on my laptop. People always laugh that know me and wonder why I hate texting as much as I like to talk and obviously type.....

#14 10 years ago

I agree NIB is better "assuming the price was about the same"......now lets assume the AC/DC premium was local and the original price was $6,300 delivered and the person priced it right.....$6,300 less $300 for shipping less 10% (which seems about right as it is used and no warranty) so at $5,400 for a local nice HUO as opposed to a NIB which would you guys choose ? I would definitely go for the $5,400 HUO........but at $5,700 or more the NIB would be more appealing.....this is exactly why you are seeing all the HUO premium AC/DC's not selling....asking price is too high in my opinion.

So between a $5,300 or $5,400 beautiful HUO AC/DC premium that you have to drive an hour to pick up or a $6,300 NIB AC/DC premium that is delivered to your door with warranty which one would you choose.....I would go HUO all day long because if you choose to sell it in a few months for whatever reason you don't take a big hit.....I did the NIB once and it wasn't "all that"....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-a-nib-or-a-huo-price-aside?tu=houseofpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.