(Topic ID: 92918)

Would you buy a Michael Jackson Pinball Machine?

By OldSchoolBlood

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“If Stern announced today they were releasing a Michael Jackson Pinball Machine, would you buy one?”

• Yes 50 votes
      16%
    • No 218 votes
      70%
    • Maybe, would need to play it first 44 votes
      14%

(312 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

640_vid_janet_jackson_130603.jpg
    janet-jackson-super-bowl-2014[1].jpg
    jordan.jpg
    Dune.jpg
    image-612.jpg
    map_of_middle-east.jpg
    241559.jpg
    mjpin.jpg
    clay-andrew-dice.jpg
    blowing_bubbles.jpg
    mj[1].JPG
    michael-jackson-thriller-source.jpg
    51kNRqMDvxL.jpg
    image-343.jpg
    thAPST2R12.jpg
    219901-1.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

With how popular music themes are right now, I am surprised a Michael Jackson pinball machine has not been more of a serious discussion. Lets get this out of the way right away, many have a bad impression of him based on his later years. I don't want this thread to turn into a joke, but to stay focused on him in his prime. Growing up in the 80's, he was a musical icon knocking out countless hits everyone knows. His music videos also are considered some of the best ever made. If a pinball machine was ever made some of these cool video themes (Thriller, Smooth Criminal etc.) could be used in DMD animations or on the playfield toys / art package. With his popularity world wide, I would think this game would be a sure fire hit for Stern.

If Stern announced today they were making a Michael Jackson Pinball machine, would you buy one?

#2 5 years ago

No, absolutely not.

#3 5 years ago

Featuring "sleepover multiball". On a small bed shaped playfield with tiny balls... sort of like family guy.

#4 5 years ago

Classic Michael Jackson is awesome Michael Jackson. If the pin was just Thriller album themed I would totally be interested...

Good Idea

82211.jpg

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

No, absolutely not.

Ditto. I do not care how good he might have been in his prime. I do not think he was that great as a singer. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, that I see in him as an artist that would make me want to spend several thousand dollars on a pinball machine about him. And I am being polite here. I will leave it at that.

#6 5 years ago

NO NO NO NO NO

#7 5 years ago

Although Michael Jackson was certainly not a great singer, he did leave behind a great legacy that lives on in his honor.

http://www.nambla.org/

#8 5 years ago

I've said it before it's crazy to me this theme hasn't been made. Even if the license was expensive they would sell a ton of them. He has such a huge dedicated fan base all over the world. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Build it! Thriller multiball would rock!

#10 5 years ago

king of pop.jpg

#11 5 years ago

I may be in the minority here, but I would absolutely LOVE to have an MJ pin if it were made. The possibilities of all of the different modes and the variety of music could make it one of the best pins ever if done right. I bet getting the licensing for this pin would be next to impossible to obtain, though. Who knows, there's Elvis, Metallica, and AC/DC - all of which I love to play.

#12 5 years ago

For some reason this theme to me seems a perfect match for JPOP. I'm sure Stern would have an easier time getting the rights because of the track record, but JPOP seems like the one to make the pin a classic for the ages...

#13 5 years ago

Gary Stern is a very conservative guy. There is no way he is getting involved with a homosexual pedophile who spent more than 34 million dollars to have sexual contact with 9 year old boys.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07/01/the-story-behind-the-latest-michael-jackson-bombshell.html

#14 5 years ago

No, way, No . Now, ask about that 1 off Pepsi Pinball machine that M.J. had, now that could be interesting.

#16 5 years ago

what a great idea! who's in on the diddler le? how about the jesus juice premium?

#17 5 years ago

Not in a million years. I'd rather pull my own head off.
    Paul. Editor: pavlovpinball.com

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Although Michael Jackson was certainly not a great singer.....

1. Record sales of over 1 billion

2. 13 number 1 singles

3. 17 Grammys

4. Estate still earns $160 million per year.

5. "Thriller" is still the best selling album of all time.

I'm tired of typing....

#19 5 years ago

Have to agree Magic Mike , dont want the pin but to say not a great singer well I guess your entitled to your own opinion

#20 5 years ago

No

image-115.jpg

#21 5 years ago

If it was a good game I would be interested. Gameplay trumps theme for me.

#22 5 years ago

This would go on the top on my list...right behind walking dead of course.

#23 5 years ago

Not in a gazillion years. Pedophile creep.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

5. "Thriller" is still the best selling album of all time.

Ballyhoo is the best selling pinball machine of all time (75,000 units) so I guess it is the greatest pinball machine.

#25 5 years ago

hmmm too many flaws and variables with that rebut Vid but we get your point! The masses are sometimes asses just not in this case!

#26 5 years ago

Noiooooooooooooo !!!!!

#27 5 years ago

nooooo to pinball after the man agree, music and voice not all my taste but never can take away his raw talent cince he was 5! Comon who didnt cry when Ben came crawling back all burnt and crisp while Michael sang the song? Comon who?? (picture old yeller scene from Stripes)

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Although Michael Jackson was certainly not a great singer, he did leave behind a great legacy that lives on in his honor.

Actually...I heard something rather interesting a few weeks back on a music radio station about how he recorded his music. Apparently, he couldn't write music or play an instrument very well, so what he would do was record himself singing all the instrumentals and vocals with his voice, and then work with other musicians to transpose his vocal arrangement into something playable.

It took me a little bit to actually dig up one of those recordings, but here it is: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2014/04/michael-jackson-beat-it-demo/

Disclaimer: I am not a Michael Jackson fan, though I do listen to a small selection of his songs on occasion.

#29 5 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority. I would enjoy it.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

The masses are sometimes asses

The Beatles sold 2x as many albums in their 10 year career as MJ did in his 41 year career.

MJ's adult voice was just a lot of strained notes, hooting and peeping.

#31 5 years ago

Let me think about it.....Ah.... NO

#32 5 years ago

Where is the option for "Hell No"?

#33 5 years ago

Come on guys. Just imagine the game with a MJ character toy that "moon walks" across the playfield that you shoot at...lol.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Come on guys. Just imagine the game with a MJ character toy that "moon walks" across the playfield that you shoot at...lol.

Too bad Chapman did not shoot MJ instead of John Lennon.

#35 5 years ago

Frank Zappa Pinball = Yes

Modes:
    Yellow Snow
    Muffin Man
    Cheepnis
    Yo Mama
    Disco Boy
    Bobby Brown

Way better that MJ.

#36 5 years ago

Would love a Zappa machine. Maybe slime oozing over it??

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

its been done Mick on a stick! nooooooooo

#38 5 years ago

Damn, how could I forget the slime mode? My bad.

#39 5 years ago

No. But you may be able to re-theme Funhouse, you have the trap door, a hideout, Rudy who could easily be into little Rudy, a clock that will tell you when its bedtime (when the big hand touches the little hand) -bad joke-

#41 5 years ago

Anyone who thinks MJ is innocent needs to watch the movie "Party Monster"

Oh Macaulay what happened to you?

#42 5 years ago

I remember gathering around the television one night as a family waiting for the premiere of his Black or White video.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I don't know who you consider "a great singer" but please enlighten me. I'm a musician and appreciate a very wide spectrum of musical styles from classical to heavy metal, death metal, Frank Sinatra, Tina Turner, James Brown, Luciano Pavarotti etc. Michael Jackson is up there with the best ever, OK he's no Elvis but close.

#44 5 years ago

He was a great singer , one of the greatest singers EVER !!!! And if you ever say that you never liked a song or bought an album from him , then you are a huge HUGE LIAR !!!!

#45 5 years ago

Ohh yeah and I would buy one ....

#46 5 years ago

I agree Beatles would be better because of the amount of songs but I am a fan of both,but any game comes down to gameplay more than theme unless you just can't get past it,I think it would kind of like owning a Queen pinball,if there was one,the music is great but there would be some people who would think its a little cheesy.

#47 5 years ago

It could have a JCPenney mode, because like Michael Jackson, they have little boys pants *half off*.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

He was a great singer , one of the greatest singers EVER !!!! And if you ever say that you never liked a song or bought an album from him , then you are a huge HUGE LIAR !!!!

I agree with that and also that was a classic Wolverine limited series on your avatar

#49 5 years ago

But who doesn't mind a good MJ joke,there were some good ones

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from beefzap:

Frank Zappa Pinball = Yes

Oh man, that would be awesome too

I vote for Michael Jackson and Frank Zappa pinball machines... F*** it, I vote for Pee-Wee Herman pinball as well!!!

peewee1.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 4,199.00
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Ghostbusters Pro Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Lit Frames
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside