(Topic ID: 127467)

Would you buy a "High Speed 3" pin designed by Steve Ritchie?

By PanzerFreak

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Aurich
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy High Speed 3 designed by Steve Ritchie?”

• Absolutely! 28 votes
      67%
    • No, I prefer to only purchase license themed games 2 votes
      5%
    • I'm not interested in High Speed 3 but would buy a Stern original themed game 12 votes
      29%

(42 votes)

#1 8 years ago

With JJP creating an original themed pin, as well as Spooky pinball, what are your thoughts on Stern creating a non-licensed High Speed 3 game designed by Steve Ritchie? I know Gary Stern thinks that only licensed themed pins sell well but there's been a handful of licensed games that haven't sold well in the past and recently. If a pin has a cool design, a great audio package, interesting code and is fun to play I think it will sell well even if it isn't based off a license.

Personally I think a High Speed 3 pinball machine by Stern and designed by Steve Ritchie would be a hit. High Speed and Getaway High Speed 2 are two of Steve's best games. A third High Speed game by the king of flow with today's tech and deeper code could be amazing.

Note: The "High Speed" themed may very well be owned by Williams still and if not by PPS now so there may still be a licensing cost associated with creating a third title.

#2 8 years ago

Nope. Not unless it had Daenerys Targaryan on it.

#3 8 years ago

Only if he gets in another high speed chase and gets arrested.

Then I'm in.

LTG : )™

#4 8 years ago

If he is chasing Elvira and the Muppets, sure.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Only if he gets in another High Speed chase and gets arrested.
    Then I'm in.
    LTG : )™

I never knew Steve was in an actual high speed chase until today. Crazy.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think it will sell well even if it isn't based off a license.

Wouldn't Stern have to license High Speed? I could go for a Black Knight 3000 as well. Not sure I really need either game to be more complicated or full of modes. I like how relatively straightforward both games and their sequels are.

#7 8 years ago

Nah.. no more car thems. HS and HSII is enough.

#8 8 years ago

I voted no. Love Steve, but one sequel is enough. We don't need to keep looking backwards in pinball, constantly wishing old themes would keep coming back.

#9 8 years ago

It would have to have a lot more depth and shots for me to think about it but love the theme tho

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I voted no. Love Steve, but one sequel is enough. We don't need to keep looking backwards in pinball, constantly wishing old themes would keep coming back.

So says the man who made my awesome translite for the 4th Star Trek pinball

#11 8 years ago

No I vote for a Haunted mansion with ghosts and goblins trap doors attic etc. With great music, great call outs that make you laugh. An incredible art package that would catch anyones attention!! Now i hope Stern reads this post and builds us one!!!!

Rob

#12 8 years ago

Eh, I guess. Car pins are cool and Ritchie does mighty fine work. A third pin based on one simple theme is not necessary, though. With only a few pins made a year, better for something deeper and original.

#13 8 years ago

Not interested since I love my Indy 500 and Mustang don't need another car themed pin.

#14 8 years ago

Make it in time for Furious 8?

#15 8 years ago

That would be a hell to the yeah!
    Of course I love my Boss right now so it would be tough. Sure why not!

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from trickpony:

So says the man who made my awesome translite for the 4th Star Trek pinball

You got me there. At least games 2, 3, and 4 were different casts and settings I guess.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-a-high-speed-3-pin-designed-by-steve-ritchie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.