(Topic ID: 272108)

Would you buy a CGC remake of High Speed The Getaway? Take the poll!

By Who-Dey

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a CGC remake of The Getaway starting at $6300 shipped?”

• Hell yes! 26 votes
      16%
    • Hell no! 141 votes
      84%

(167 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Just curious if a CGC remake of High Speed The Getaway would interest you? We will just assume that the pricing structure would be what it is today. The games start at 6K I believe with about 300 tacked on for shipping.

#2 3 years ago

Haha. Is this a joke?!?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Is this a joke?!?

Not at all, The Getaway is a sweet game!

#4 3 years ago

Wouldn't be the first I would remake. Had one, like it a lot... but remake... no. Funhouse would be the no-brainer remake IMO.

#5 3 years ago

Jesus don't give them any ideas that people are actually this stupid.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from holminone:

Agree with Chnuckwurt. Probably the last title I would remake. Had one, like it a lot... but remake... no. Funhouse would be the no-brainer remake IMO.

There would be other games that would be better to remake of course but I'm just saying that a brand new shiny Getaway would be pretty awesome and tempting.....along with many other games that I can think of.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's better than almost every game in your collection, are you kidding me? Lol

#8 3 years ago

A new shiny Getaway for 6k. Yes.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

A new shiny Getaway for 6k. Yes.

6300. And you know you’re gonna need the color. Another 400-500. Haha

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's better than almost every game in your collection, are you kidding me? Lol

Won't someone think of the lawyers?! Please dont price them out Who-Dey!

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

6300. And you know you’re gonna need the color. Another 400-500. Haha

I will get the color chip down the road.

#12 3 years ago

Addams or TZ would sell a ton more.So no.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Won't someone think of the lawyers?! Please dont price them out Who-Dey!

I think it would be a good remake. Inwqw playing my uncles today and it's pure 90's greatness.

#14 3 years ago

Could the ZZ Top Le Edition be an option?
    That was a joke. No thank you.

#15 3 years ago

By the time they knock out all the other top games. I'm sure this will be in the price range. Same with T2. They both keep creeping up in price.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

By the time they knock out all the other top games.

So maybe by 2035-2040.

#17 3 years ago

Getaway was my first pin, and I definitely loved it - but it is pretty simple and gets repetitive imo. Brand new for $4300? Maybe. $6000+?? No way.

#18 3 years ago

Morning crowd bump! Who wants a CGC Getaway?!?

#19 3 years ago

I think you inverted the numbers. For $3600, I probably still wouldn't, but that would seem to be a fair price. Getaways aren't exactly hard to find.

#20 3 years ago

Sure I would like a brand new HSII but not at that price .

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know, there are lots of people that just want a nice new machine fresh out of the box. So many gamerooms posted on this site are all machines that came out in the last few years. Sure, many great games might have been available cheaper, but I bet they had their reasons to go NIB.

I wonder with the CGC model what number of units are required for them to make a title worth while.
    While you and I think a $6300 Getaway is silly, maybe there's enough people with gameroom money to make it a reality eventually?
    I think it's kind of cool to imagine CGC getting down to the non-obvious titles for reproduction, but at the pace they're going it will be many years until they start tapping the ringers.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I don't know, there are lots of people that just want a nice new machine fresh out of the box. So many gamerooms posted on this site are all machines that came out in the last few years. Sure, many great games might have been available cheaper, but I bet they had their reasons to go NIB.
    I wonder with the CGC model what number of units are required for them to make a title worth while.
    While you and I think a $6300 Getaway is silly, maybe there's enough people with gameroom money to make it a reality eventually?
    I think it's kind of cool to imagine CGC getting down to the non-obvious titles for reproduction, but at the pace they're going it will be many years until they start tapping the ringers.

I think a Getaway remake would appeal to alot of people. Not as much as either of the big three obviously but that doesnt mean that it wouldn't be a worthwhile remake someday.

This thread basically stemmed from a discussion between me and Chuckwurt on whether people would be interested or not. He didnt think people would buy one and I do. I never dreamed that I would get crushed as bad as I did in the poll.

That still doesnt mean that the game wouldn't sell good though. I personally would be interested in tons of remakes, even older games like a Meteor....not at 6k though for a game like that. I'd love to have a NIB Meteor though if the price was right.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

87% of people polled say no. Haha

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That still doesnt mean that the game wouldn't sell good though.

I have data to support my argument. Where’s yours?

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'd love to have a NIB Meteor though if the price was right.

Same here. And that’s part of the point here. We’d all line up for NIB Getaway at 4K. Just not at 6300.

#26 3 years ago

I’d probably pass

#27 3 years ago

It maybe have been good timing or there may just be quite a few out in the wild, but when I went to buy a getaway I had about 8 to pick from all in pretty good shape..........and Im in freakin Delaware.

#28 3 years ago

I don't understand why? There are thousands of these on the market that don't sell for much.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That still doesnt mean that the game wouldn't sell good though. I personally would be interested in tons of remakes, even older games like a Meteor....not at 6k though for a game like that. I'd love to have a NIB Meteor though if the price was right.

I think it totally means it wouldn’t sell well. If hardcore pinball people have no interest in buying one, who will?

Getaway is a good game for the price point and can readily be found around 3k. It doesn’t make sense.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I don't understand why? There are thousands of these on the market that don't sell for much.

All depends where you are . Over here the last one I saw sold for 7,500 grand . I would pay 2,500 more for a brand new one with a big color dmd , fancy Lockdown bar , RGB's , better speaker sound system and powder coating , it would be a no-brainer over here .

#31 3 years ago

I just picked up a nice one a shopped it. Once you pull the supercharger off, its a pretty basic game so I don't think the costs will be in the same league as a MB or MM.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I just picked up a nice one a shopped it. Once you pull the supercharger off, its a pretty basic game so I don't think the costs will be in the same league as a MB or MM.

Doesn’t matter. The price will still be at least 6300. Look at AFM. That has nothing in it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-buy-a-cgc-remake-of-high-speed-the-getaway?hl=holminone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.