(Topic ID: 170153)

Would you be upset if your games lost value?

By Deez

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you be upset if the value of your games dropped significantly”

• Yes - I would be upset 81 votes
      28%
    • No - I just like to play pinball 88 votes
      31%
    • It's just money - I didn't buy these with any intention of resale 92 votes
      32%
    • lionman 24 votes
      8%

(285 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1brr8r (resized).jpg
    20161005_070038 (resized).jpg
    20161005_070109 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johngravenews.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

The money I've spent on buying pins is all pretty much a sunk cost. If they all halved in value I wouldn't really notice, not because I'm made of money but because that money's been spent anyway (at least in my head). The only way to realise the cash would be to sell up completely.
    As things stand if machines got cheaper then I'd get less for those that I sold and spend less on buying replacement machines, so no real difference. I'm lucky enough to have bought a lot of my games at cheaper prices but it doesn't mean I've made money unless I sell up and don't replace them with anything.
    Once you've got past the initial purchase prices it's a pretty cheap hobby. In the UK you can join a league and play all day at someone's house for less than $4. What other hobbies are that cheap? If I go and see a band then I'm looking at $40-$100 for a day (or evening). Going out drinking would cost me $8 a beer and I'd have nothing left to show for it at the end apart from an expanded waistline and a hangover (And a few good memories hopefully).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johngravenews.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-be-upset-if-your-games-lost-value?tu=johngravenews and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.