(Topic ID: 262461)

Would you be interested in online game scores and settings backup?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by GS2019
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Would you be interested in a service which automatically uploads all of your high scores and game settings so you could share and compare with others? Your settings would get backed up constantly so any issues you could restore them.

It would require minimal effort on your part and probably a small fee to use the service. It could also store your in game shots for the high scores and display them if you wanted. This would work with all JJP games.

Could run online tournaments, homogenize game settings (extra ball, difficulty) for the tournament (so everyone had the same rules), etc? Could even do a prize money situation. Could attach video footage of the game (or live stream) to the entry as well for verification.

#2 4 years ago

When it comes to prize money, how do you prevent a glass off situation?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

When it comes to prize money, how do you prevent a glass off situation?

I would assume it would have to be recorded for anyone to review.

#6 4 years ago

Yup, sounds like it. I am not sure if JJP is planning anything (I don't see why they would for older games but maybe as a system wide update with the wifi) but it would be hard to know since they don't really say anything. Maybe with GnR we'll see something announced.

As part of some work we're doing on software integration with JJP games this became evident it was a fairly easy thing to accomplish so I thought I'd throw it out there. If there was interest we'd do it but otherwise not going to spend the time on it. Might just do it for myself as a fun project.

#7 4 years ago

I have never heard of a technological development that left me more underwhelmed.

#8 4 years ago

No

#9 4 years ago

I'll link back to this post in a few years when this is the common place and everyone is throwing their scores and tournaments online.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I'll link back to this post in a few years when this is the common place and everyone is throwing their scores and tournaments online.

Visionary minds like your are never appreciated in their time.

#11 4 years ago

No

#12 4 years ago

I'm sure it is coming, but is it something I want??... Nope.

#13 4 years ago

Yeah, maybe link back to the much earlier posts about Scorbit or Dutch pinball who are actually doing this now.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yeah, maybe link back to the much earlier posts about Scorbit or Dutch pinball who are actually doing this now.

Are you saying that those are failed things? I'm not sure since I don't know about them.

#15 4 years ago

No.

#16 4 years ago

Are you saying that those are failed things? I'm not sure since I don't know about them.

https://scorbit.io/scorbitron

http://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/live/

https://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/live/

#17 4 years ago

No

#18 4 years ago

Yeah, I wasn't sure what the implication was. Are the failed? Are they good? Do they work on JJP? I have no idea what is out there, I haven't really looked.

#19 4 years ago

Are the failed? Are they good? Do they work on JJP?

Dutch pinball's Bride of Pinbot 2.0 and The Big Lebowski are internet-connected. Live scores and a live DMD feed are displayed on the internet. It's pretty cool, I can see Maverick's BOP is online now. I'm not sure if they have plans to expand the system to other functions.

I haven't used Scorbit, but I believe it can be used in any pinball machine. If you read the page that I linked to, you can see that it does exactly what you are describing in your first post. So there is already a product in development that does what you are proposing.

#20 4 years ago

Ah, I would be surprised if they worked on JJP machines. I've been doing a lot of work on the software side and it would take them quite the effort to make it work. Unless JJP was working with them, which I suppose is possible.

#21 4 years ago

Ah, I would be surprised if they worked on JJP machines. I've been doing a lot of work on the software side and it would take them quite the effort to make it work. Unless JJP was working with them, which I suppose is possible.

Maybe not, but JJP have their internet connection in beta at the moment, so they will likely be online soon. Not trying to discourage you, but seems like there is a lot of this sort of thing already in development.

#22 4 years ago

Oh totally, I am assuming JJP will do it but I am guessing it might be a while. Based on the response I'm not going to bother and we'll focus on our other software mods. It was just some low hanging fruit that was sitting there and would be an easy thing to provide.

#24 4 years ago

Ah cool, thanks. I didn't know about that first one. Awesome that someone did that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-be-interested-in-online-game-scores-and-settings-backup?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.