(Topic ID: 241022)

Would you be interested in a Beetlejuice Pin made by JJP?

By f3honda4me

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you be interested in a Beetlejuice pinball?”

• Yes 159 votes
      51%
    • No 152 votes
      49%

(311 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

55-22599-ab4_85638-1432851468 (resized).jpg
    attic-1024x576 (resized).png
    8C70222E-3604-4F77-9B53-F155A44E0C52 (resized).jpeg
    8d50e9a26aba2917cd80301ca2bc9e4b257f4adae2cabf3d9c2058f4f6b4c4a5 (resized).jpg
    2ED8246D-66B2-4356-8EF3-AE71DC4817D9 (resized).png
    beetlejuice (resized).png
    Screen-Shot-2019-04-13-at-8.35.59-PM (resized).png
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I think that chris and stern purposely put the info out there to gauge interest and have free marketing. See- it got pinside and the pinball Community talking and it didn’t cost them a dime. Very smart on their part to put out the info of potential pin and see everyone’s opinions.

I agree. I mean, if Stern was shopping it to their own development teams it means they likely already have or had the license. If they paid CF to prepare a sample backglass rendering then they have the license. Just my personal opinion.

I’d love a Beetlejuice pin. Would personally way prefer it to WW or Munsters as a theme.

#52 5 years ago

I'd pick this over Wonka, but that isn't saying much. Regardless, Christopher's backglass looks amazing.

#53 5 years ago

It probably applies to any theme done well but, I always thought Beetlejuice/Betelgeuse had the bones to be the next Addams Family due to is fun quirky nature.

#54 5 years ago

I applaud Mr. Franchi’s artistic choice to not include Alec Baldwin’s face in his artwork.

#55 5 years ago

It'd be sweet if Stern produced it.

#56 5 years ago

It's interesting how evenly split the poll is!

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Seems like almost every poll is a near even split between reds and blues these days.

#58 5 years ago

It’s worth a shot. Let me know if this helps.

2ED8246D-66B2-4356-8EF3-AE71DC4817D9 (resized).png2ED8246D-66B2-4356-8EF3-AE71DC4817D9 (resized).png
    #59 5 years ago

After reading Gomez quote about “passion” I wish the guys at stern were passionate about more than just shitty trailer park rock music. Oh well.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

They could retheme that shit box Munsters!

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I agree I would prefer stern as the game would be more affordable and reliable.

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice let's make this game happen.

8d50e9a26aba2917cd80301ca2bc9e4b257f4adae2cabf3d9c2058f4f6b4c4a5 (resized).jpg8d50e9a26aba2917cd80301ca2bc9e4b257f4adae2cabf3d9c2058f4f6b4c4a5 (resized).jpg
    #62 5 years ago
    Quoted from WyseGuy:

After reading Gomez quote about “passion” I wish the guys at stern were passionate about more than just shitty trailer park rock music. Oh well.

I hate to say it, but the word passion is thrown around by pin manufacturers like the term HUO is thrown around by sellers. It really means nothing to me.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

No interest. Just don’t think it’s a powerful franchise.

What about a Guinness themed pin?

#64 5 years ago

This would be a good theme however the ultimate JJP theme for me is The Goonies.

Jack and gang seem like Goonies! Lol

#65 5 years ago

Would have been the first Stern I actually thought about buying, honestly.
    Even if I'd have bitched about the quality... BeetleJuice is definitely a dream theme for me.... for the callouts and art world alone.

I could see Spooky being successful at this title.

#66 5 years ago

NO.. Don't think many would.

Now a Imagination of Tim burton Theme on the other hand would be tits

Imagine if someone had some big mofo bucks and could get Tim M'fing Burton working on a Pin.

That would be the shiiiiz

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

NO.. Don't think many would.
    Now a Imagination of Tim burton Theme on the other hand would be tits
    Imagine if someone had some big mofo bucks and could get Tim M'fing Burton working on a Pin.
    That would be the shiiiiz

With a Danny Elfman soundtrack!
    Now that would be the shitz!

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

That means Spooky should make it.
    500 total

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

This would be a good theme however the ultimate JJP theme for me is The Goonies.
    Jack and gang seem like Goonies! Lol

The Goonies would be an instant buy for me. Great license, terrific art opportunities, tons of voice and sound options and clips, and how awesome would the toys be??!!!

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

The Goonies would be an instant buy for me. Great license, terrific art opportunities, tons of voice and sound options and clips, and how awesome would the toys be??!!!

Well, if the toys are anything like Wonka they wouldn’t be awesome at all.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Well, if the toys are anything like Wonka they wouldn’t be awesome at all.

This exactly! The direction JJP turned with Wonka worries me about future titles.

#73 5 years ago

Beetlejuice aged terribly. No interest.

#74 5 years ago

I'd be in on this if it was done well. It's like Wonka...a theme I love and want but need to see and play before I make the move, with the odds being that I will really want it.

#75 5 years ago

After TWIP talked about how multiball could work, I'm so in. I got goosebumps just from listening to a potential mode with that danny elfman music kicking in.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

After TWIP talked about how multiball could work, I'm so in. I got goosebumps just from listening to a potential mode with that danny elfman music kicking in.

The Danny Elfman music would not be easy to score.
    ( see what I did there?)
    I started counting in my head and came up with 12 agencies and people the rights and Licensing would have to go through.
    Danny has way more stuff to do than worry about pinball.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The Danny Elfman music would not be easy to score.
    ( see what I did there?)
    I started counting in my head and came up with 12 agencies and people the rights and Licensing would have to go through.
    Danny has way more stuff to do than worry about pinball.

stern got beatles. about the only harder license to get than that is harry potter. not saying danny elfman is easy, but its not impossible. im sure if you dangled a million dollar carrot in front of him, you could easily embed that $500 into each pinball.

#78 5 years ago

I'd be interested, but it would have to be a Stern game for me. So, I guess that we won't be getting one....?

6 months later
    #79 4 years ago

Saw the Beetlejuice broadway play that launched earlier this year. It was a sell out and had people dressed up like the characters. Both the lead singers were nothing short of phenomenal. Seems like the IP is doing phenomenal on broadway and will be there for a long time.

#80 4 years ago

I bought the Franchi Beetlejuice translite. I like it a lot. Looks good in the back lit RGB frame. I don't know if they would sell a lot of pins with that theme. Maybe if another movie was made.

#81 4 years ago

Sounds like a haunted house party I'd be up for.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No, the movie is dated now. Saw it a few months back. Just doesnt have the charm it did. Wonka was a good choice.

I agree Wonka was a good choice,it's the best light show ever and has that one more game feel.
    Beetlejuice would be great if they did art like Franchi did and kept it more like a comic interpretation

#83 4 years ago

Can we please, please stop living in the past. Anything produced on VHS can be gone as a theme for all I care.

#84 4 years ago

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

#85 4 years ago

Maybe yes
    With winona ryder

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Can we please, please stop living in the past. Anything produced on VHS can be gone as a theme for all I care.

Why... the future sucks.

#87 4 years ago

Just saying that title gives me flu like symptoms

#88 4 years ago

From the third row center on Broadway. 8C70222E-3604-4F77-9B53-F155A44E0C52 (resized).jpeg8C70222E-3604-4F77-9B53-F155A44E0C52 (resized).jpeg

#89 4 years ago

Forgot about this shit eating thread that snowballed his career into the oblivion.
    Not saying it's yer fault; if it wasn't you it woulda been some other know nothing, podcast listening shit for brains.
    Nice job numbnuts.
    Fucking new guys....

#90 4 years ago

Yes I obviously see Franchi had a hand in the slicing of his own throat, and twip went and ran with it....but still.
    Y'all are some Peyton Place bitches.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

From the third row center on Broadway. [quoted image]

It never occurred to me to snap a photo at the theater.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yes I obviously see Franchi had a hand in the slicing of his own throat, and twip went and ran with it....but still.
    Y'all are some Peyton Place bitches.

Gryszzz Wait...what did TWIP do? What are you talking about?

#93 4 years ago

Gossip, girl.

#94 4 years ago

Ok I like the reference and the response...still wondering what you’re referring to man. Let me know if you have anything even remotely close to what you’re implying as I’m totally confused

#95 4 years ago

At this point, I am too.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

It never occurred to me to snap a photo at the theater.

Try to keep it that way. We don't need to document everything in life with a cell phone. Most theatres have rules about it anyway.

#97 4 years ago

"Retheming Munsters" what a great idea. But should the lower pf be the miniature of the town, saturn and sandworms or the waiting room in the netherworld. "DayO!" and young winonna! Katherine Ohara kills me in this movie. It would also definately need the miniature brothel. I think it deals too much with the occult for Jack to do but it could sure use "The Handbook for the Recently Deceased" just like the Hobbit.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

From the third row center on Broadway.

We flew to New York this summer to take the kids to Beetlejuice. They had a great time and are still talking about it. The actors and actresses did a fantastic job and it has become our favorite play.

I did have a wtf moment after I ordered two margaritas and the guy said "That will be $70"

I may be in the minority but I probably would not be interested in Beetlejuice if JJP made it. I really want to get into JJP games but they do not do anything for me. If Stern did it-it would be an instant buy.

6 months later
    #99 3 years ago

dude . 2 words. matrix. four. ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️ I heard that the reason there's no matrix machine is the license from wb was too pricey. but THAT would b a game I'd be saving up for. ESP to coincide w the new movie release??? no brainer.

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tiltboss:

dude . 2 words. matrix. four. ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️ I heard that the reason there's no matrix machine is the license from wb was too pricey. but THAT would b a game I'd be saving up for. ESP to coincide w the new movie release??? no brainer.

Ugh... Canoe Head ruined that movie. Such a shit actor. Ruined Dracula even more. Having his face on a pin would be worse than staring at Depp on jjp potc.

Barf burgers.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-be-interested-in-a-beetlejuice-pin-made-by-jjp/page/2?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.