(Topic ID: 44251)

TBL LE (The Big Lebowski) 173 pre-orders so far! Dude!

By RTR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 760 posts
  • 213 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tbl flyer.jpg
ImageProxy.jpg
image-820.jpg
image-276.jpg
ordination-certificate-med.jpg
image.jpg
1379624447038.gif
03_big.jpg
24621197.jpg
tumblr_ls42dudAY61qkqkhko1_500.gif
Sam_E.jpg
tumblr_m5gob0z0dp1rxoduwo1_500.gif
tumblr_m0b9tgLplV1qbxh0uo1_500.gif
image.jpg
backglasstest2.jpg
sesamestreetbig.jpg
There are 760 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.
#301 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't recall is The Sopranos pin R rated with curse words?
I can imagine some manufacturers would pass on a theme that could not be done without using offensive words. And I would not buy a TBL pin if it didn't have offensive quotes.

from my test board a few months back:

#302 11 years ago

BLaudiotest.jpgBLaudiotest.jpg

#303 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

And have also specifically said they "haven't ruled it out for #3".
That doesn't mean anything, I know, but it's hope I cling to. As long as #2 isn't Big Trouble in Little China I should be able to put together the scratch if that comes to be.

You do realize that I already have you down for TBL LE # 6, right? You are already pretend committed even if BTLC comes out.

#304 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

People arn't suppose to be preordering. IF you guys want prices to go back to normal, you have to stop with the preorder bullshit. It's not bad enough people line up for games they never even seen, but now people are taking preorders on games that don't even exist? No wonder prices are stupid right now.
I know the point of this thread is to gauge interest on this theme. But I think it would be more useful to have a thread to deter the preorder mindset. That is if you want to see pinball go back to a reasonable level.

Shut the f*ck up, Neo, you're out of your element!!!!!

#305 11 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You do realize that I already have you down for TBL LE # 6, right? You are already pretend committed even if BTLC comes out.

I have to be honest. If BTLC would also be an option, I'd have to flip a coin and then I'd hope it would come up BTLC.

#306 11 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I'll make my Mom buy it for me if that happens. I'm good for it.

#307 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I have to be honest. If BTLC would also be an option, I'd have to flip a coin and then I'd hope it would come up BTLC.

I am going to have to watch that movie again. I can't really even remember it.

I feel the same way about a Monty Python pin, by the way.

#308 11 years ago

Somebody should start mocking up our dream machine in one of the pinball simulators.

#309 11 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I am going to have to watch that movie again. I can't really even remember it.
I feel the same way about a Monty Python pin, by the way.

As great as TBL would be, I would pass it up for either "MP and the Holy Grail" or "Blade Runner."
But it would be a really hard decision.

Dan

#310 11 years ago

We are at the 10th wedding anniversary mark in June, when we decided we would sorta start talking about kids seriously. However, if SkitB delivers Predator like I think they will and announces Firefly, Futurama, or Monty Python, I may send the husband to get snipped. Who needs kids anyway. Lol

#311 11 years ago

I need an early production number. Someone sell me spot #9

#312 11 years ago

The lack of updates on progress and multiple release dates missed over the last two days have me reconsidering my preorder. Barring a big update this weekend, don't be surprised to see #7 on the block in the not-too-distant future.

#313 11 years ago

Depends on who is making it. Company, designer, software... If the right people are involved, I am in.

#314 11 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Ok. I will promise you #300. But you have to go out there and beat the bushes a little bit and bring in a few other pretend sales.

Haha, you got it! I've got 3 others I know of ready to sign up, and they aren't for pretend! Hope this becomes the real deal!

#315 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The lack of updates on progress and multiple release dates missed over the last two days have me reconsidering my preorder. Barring a big update this weekend, don't be surprised to see #7 on the block in the not-too-distant future.

Jarjarisgod - please be patient. I can give you a full refund, but you will have to wait until Tuesday to deposit it.

Mike

#316 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I need an early production number. Someone sell me spot #9

There are a few 2 digit spots left and I have just given you one. Everyone's number is on the first post in this thread.

I update it more frequently than Mrs. RTR thinks is necessary.

#317 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Depends on who is making it. Company, designer, software... If the right people are involved, I am in.

I took that as a yes. We wouldn't let anyone bad take on this project. Check the first post for your 2 digit production number!

#318 11 years ago

Maybe there is a polite way of asking the P3 people to read this thread? This imaginary theme has gotten alot of attention. What the hell, count me in!

" We believe in nothing Mr.Lebowski, nothing"

#319 11 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Haha, you got it! I've got 3 others I know of ready to sign up, and they aren't for pretend! Hope this becomes the real deal!

With enough interest it could turn real! Heck we might have a couple of companies fighting for our attention on this thread.

Quoted from sb80:

Maybe there is a polite way of asking the P3 people to read this thread? This imaginary theme has gotten alot of attention. What the hell, count me in!
" We believe in nothing Mr.Lebowski, nothing"

You are in with a two digit number. Not many left...

#320 11 years ago

Just a few facts for those sitting on the fence:

1. 250 Predators already sold with an additional waiting list ( TBL much better movie )
2. P-ROC is readily available now
3. Fans demanded TRON and they got it. ( even after Gary said "no more Disney" )
4. The Church Of The Latter-Day Dude (Dudeism) has ordained 130,000 Dudeist Priests
5. Jeff Bridges studied Buddhism and my car was hit by a Buddhist last year
6. If Captain Neo is complaining about it then we are on the right track

#321 11 years ago

When you put the quarters in, you have to have the first line of the movie...spoken by Donnie Kerabatsos: "I'm throwing rocks tonight!"

#322 11 years ago

Somebody should do this in VP or Zen Pinball.

#323 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Shut the f*ck up, Neo, you're out of your element!!!!!

enjoy the pin prices then.

#324 11 years ago

I would be in on this.

#325 11 years ago
Quoted from Zappa:

When you put the quarters in, you have to have the first line of the movie...spoken by Donnie Kerabatsos: "I'm throwing rocks tonight!"

That line is for when you bowl a strike with the Donny manakin bowler.

Coin up should be The Stranger "I like your style Dude".

#326 11 years ago

If we get to #301 I want it (yes, I'd buy another). Cus 301 is one better than 300 (yes, mixing themes).

#327 11 years ago

no, I cannot go on the pre-order for this (fantasy) game
I just don't have the patience to wait

I knew it would be hard for me with WoZ to wait the initial 12 months, but I did not get cranky until about the 18th month

from now on, I will only be buying a game I can pick up within a week, or a NIB Stern held with just a deposit

#328 11 years ago

I just watched TBL again. What an awesome flick! I do believe that we would have to incorporate Bunny's toes into game play somehow, either as a mode or maybe as a reward for completing something. If as a reward for success, we get DMD graphics to blow on her toes, if not we receive the cut off toe from that Nihilist dude's girlfriend.

"Blow on them! I can't blow that far."

#329 11 years ago

I'd take one! Hope it plays, I just walked in to see what condition my condition was in.....

#330 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

People arn't suppose to be preordering. IF you guys want prices to go back to normal, you have to stop with the preorder bullshit. It's not bad enough people line up for games they never even seen, but now people are taking preorders on games that don't even exist? No wonder prices are stupid right now.
I know the point of this thread is to gauge interest on this theme.

Precisely... I see this thread more as "expression of interest" poll than blind commitment. I believe TBL would be a great theme, but no way I would buy it sight-unseen at $7.5k+ like the Hobbit.

#331 11 years ago

The Dude wants in on this ....

the_dude.JPGthe_dude.JPG

#332 11 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I would be in on this.

You are in # 92

Quoted from Waldo:I'd take one! Hope it plays, I just walked in to see what condition my condition was in.....

You are in too! Your number is updated on the first post.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

The Dude wants in on this ....

I assume this means that you want one too. #94

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

no, I cannot go on the pre-order for this (fantasy) game
I just don't have the patience to wait

No Dude for You!! At least until they are RTG.

#333 11 years ago

Ok dudes and non-dudes - we have 94 pretend preorders.

If you think you are on the list make sure you check the first post for your name and number and let me know if I missed it. I have tried to keep up with the posts and the pm's.

I am going to be travelling a bit so won't be able to keep up with this 24/7 for a while. Some of you dudeists may have to pitch in to keep the dream alive this week!

Mike

#334 11 years ago

I hope someone decides to make this pin and it becomes wildly successful making some other pin makers kick themselves for sleeping on it.

#335 11 years ago

Me too. You may have noticed Dude, that there are only five numbers left that are under 3 digits....

#336 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I hope someone decides to make this pin and it becomes wildly successful making some other pin makers kick themselves for sleeping on it.

If it is made it would be, one game at a Lebowskifest and they would sell a crapton of these.
KISS is a boring game, it is popular because of the KISS army.
I know 2 people that have this as their only game because they are KISS fans.

Gary Stern is out, I already talked to him and there is no way he would ever make this game.
Since the game needs to be a widebody JJP needs to make it but so far I see titles I have no interest in.
There are just too many games already out there I have never owned or played and I have already done the NIB thing and none of the new stuff interests me enough not to wait and pick one up on the HUO market AC/DC premium is about it.
I would buy a TBL NIB if it is made, if not the Dude abides.

#337 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Gary Stern is out, I already talked to him and there is no way he would ever make this game.
Since the game needs to be a widebody JJP needs to make it but so far I see titles I have no interest in.

JJP wont make it as the source material is not half a century old

think we will have to start a new factory for this :p

#338 11 years ago

I agree that a well done TBL would have a much wider draw than just pinsider types.

Make a pin that brings out a lot of movie - to even a novice at the flippers - and this would be a winner.

That is, however, somewhat of a build it and they will come business plan. I think someone is going to need a pretty decent commitment on that initial run to get this project going. Needs to be WAY north of 94 pretend preorders.

Tracelifter - you are already down for TBL LE # 24. You may need to buy a few more....

#339 11 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

JJP wont make it as the source material is not half a century old
think we will have to start a new factory for this :p

That is the bottom line, neither of the two manufacturers will make this game.

I was really waiting to see what Nordman was going to do for JJP #2 as a non licensed theme but a rehash of LotR does nothing for me and I was kind of disappointed when it was announced.
I hope Jack does well but with what I see so far there will be nothing down the road that will interest me enough to drop that kind of coin.
Just too many games out there competing for the dollars that are a lot more bang for the buck than what is being offered IMO.

#340 11 years ago

Is there no TBL vpin table? If not.... WHY NOT?

Perhaps a vpin build for this fantasy creation is in order at the very least.

#341 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Just a few facts for those sitting on the fence:
1. 250 Predators already sold with an additional waiting list ( TBL much better movie )
2. P-ROC is readily available now
3. Fans demanded TRON and they got it. ( even after Gary said "no more Disney" )
4. The Church Of The Latter-Day Dude (Dudeism) has ordained 130,000 Dudeist Priests
5. Jeff Bridges studied Buddhism and my car was hit by a Buddhist last year
6. If Captain Neo is complaining about it then we are on the right track

Love the neo bit.. That guy hates everything

#342 11 years ago

Love the neo bit.. That guy hates everything

Everything except what I like. It stinks!

jay_sherman_it_stinks.jpgjay_sherman_it_stinks.jpg

#343 11 years ago

Neo with the critic reference ... Love it mate

#344 11 years ago

Sounds like some real thought went into this one.Will games leave the factory in less than 2 years ?

#345 11 years ago

I'm in for lowest # available.

#346 11 years ago

Really messin' with my Zen thing, man... (virtual Dude)
But gonna start saving the pretend coin right now!
I'm in... Thot I might have to do it myself. But I'm cool with that.
And I'd swap for 299 when it gets there... Just the sort of game I'd roll.

#347 11 years ago

Positive signs are emerging. Saw these at the post office yesterday. Coinkidink? Maybe not....

Dan

2013-03-23_11-03-40_849.jpg2013-03-23_11-03-40_849.jpg 2013-03-23_11-02-36_374.jpg2013-03-23_11-02-36_374.jpg

#348 11 years ago

Finally made a point to watch this movie just because of this thread. Pretty hilarious!

#349 11 years ago

Alright, I'm in too...

Mind if I do a J?

#350 11 years ago

I'm in!

Of course

Micro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,000 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 760 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-be-in-on-a-pre-pay-for-a-tbl-the-big-lebowski-3-so-far/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.