(Topic ID: 44251)

TBL LE (The Big Lebowski) 173 pre-orders so far! Dude!

By RTR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 760 posts
  • 213 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tbl flyer.jpg
ImageProxy.jpg
image-820.jpg
image-276.jpg
ordination-certificate-med.jpg
image.jpg
1379624447038.gif
03_big.jpg
24621197.jpg
tumblr_ls42dudAY61qkqkhko1_500.gif
Sam_E.jpg
tumblr_m5gob0z0dp1rxoduwo1_500.gif
tumblr_m0b9tgLplV1qbxh0uo1_500.gif
image.jpg
backglasstest2.jpg
sesamestreetbig.jpg
There are 760 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.
#601 10 years ago

There's no way this is a hoax. No one would spend that kind of money on a joke...

#602 10 years ago

What... 50-100 dollars and a few hours of time.

1379624447038.gif1379624447038.gif

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

There's no way this is a hoax. No one would spend that kind of money on a joke...

I would say it is more of a stunt to prove a market than a hoax.

#604 10 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

What... 50-100 dollars and a few hours of time

Ads, flyers, girls...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#605 10 years ago

I think those girls outfits are probably a hundred bucks on their own, they could have saved money and and not had outfits

#606 10 years ago

Well I must of missed them. Now this is seeming less of a hoax.

#607 10 years ago

It seems to be pretty a well thought campaign. If they just wanted to run a hoax, they could have linked to the site from a thread here.

#608 10 years ago

It could be a cheap way to gauge interest in a project:

Website $25
Bowling costumes for the flyer girls $70 http://www.amazon.com/Bowling-Adult-Costume-Size-Large/dp/B0041PA4GK
Pay two girls to walk around for an hour in costumes and hand out flyers $100
Print cost for flyers $100
Ad at expo $200

For less than $500, you can see how much of a buzz gets generated for a possible pin project.

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Website $25
Bowling costumes for the flyer girls $70 http://www.amazon.com/Bowling-Adult-Costume-Size-Large/dp/B0041PA4GK
Ad at expo $200
For less than $500, you can see how much of a buzz gets generated for a possible pin project.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
This could be one hell of a pinside prank.
I'm someone who would pay money to be a part of a prank this good.

#611 10 years ago

Man this would be good

#612 10 years ago

Game company is from Europe

#613 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Autobahn?

#614 10 years ago

I'm in, I hope it's all real and count me in for one! I abide!

#615 10 years ago

Video modes could be clips from Branded. Arthur Digby Sellers wrote the bulk of the series, you know.

#616 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Video modes could be clips from Branded. Arthur Digby Sellers wrote the bulk of the series, you know.

Yep but his son is a dunce, and he has seen what happens when you f@ck a person in the ass.

#617 10 years ago

This seems almost too good to be true, so it hasn't quite sunk in for me yet. I'm so in if this is real though. I just hope we're not looking at 2016, or a production run so low that we have to fight for a pin that sells out in two hours.

#618 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Website $25
Ad at expo $200

Hmm it could be you RTR

#619 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Hmm it could be you RTR

This was so well done that I think it might be legit. I really hope it is, I would pull the trigger on this until it went click!

Plus I would not trick myself like this...

#620 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Tell us more! You have some info!?

#622 10 years ago

I went to the page to register...and I was allready registered? Someone got my info from here or from RTR .

#623 10 years ago

I hope its not a prank..

#624 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Tell us more! You have some info!?

Info:
When the 2 girls were handing out the flyers shit hit the fan and Mike Pacak blew a gasket and was on the phone with who the girls were hired by

#625 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I went to the page to register...and I was allready registered? Someone got my info from here or from RTR .

I haven't given anyone any info. I wish I were in on whatever this is - prank or project - but I am not.

#626 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Info:
When the 2 girls were handing out the flyers shit hit the fan and Mike Pacak blew a gasket and was on the phone with who the girls were hired by

Dumb question - who is Mike Pacak?

#627 10 years ago

I think Mike is one of the organizers for Expo

#629 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Info:

He who has 90 pinball machines speaks with great wisdom. Please, tell us more.

#630 10 years ago

Yeah i really want this to be real and was psyched at Expo when I saw the flyers and ad in the program.

FYI, Mike Pacak is the guy who puts on Expo

#631 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Website $25
Ad at expo $200

It cost more than that...

#632 10 years ago

I'd be down to purchase one of these....PERFECT theme!

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Didn't you just tell me not to be speculatin'?

#634 10 years ago

OK, back to work guys. I am adding people to the unofficial list.

Pinholic you got 160
Redeye 161
Bemmet almost missed you - 162

#635 10 years ago

Dudepinball treats objects like women man.
A true Dudeists would never do that.

ordination-certificate-med.jpgordination-certificate-med.jpg

#636 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Quoted from RTR:

Didn't you just tell me not to be speculatin'?

I think he was confessing....

#637 10 years ago
Quoted from taz:

This seems almost too good to be true, so it hasn't quite sunk in for me yet. I'm so in if this is real though. I just hope we're not looking at 2016, or a production run so low that we have to fight for a pin that sells out in two hours.

Taz - you have been in for a while. For some reason I have you down for numbers 36 and 37.

#638 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Taz - you have been in for a while. For some reason I have you down for numbers 36 and 37.

Yes and yes. I'm still in big time and if its affordable would probably buy one for the house and one for the RV.

#639 10 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I think he was confessing....

It is good for the soul.

#640 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Actually Larry Cohen wrote the bulk of the series (48 episodes) there is no Arthur Digby Sellers but funny as hell.
Is this your homework Larry?

#641 10 years ago

Speculation of TBL dream pin has pulled me out my self-imposed pinside posting retirement. I haven't posted since June, but my Galaxy has been abuzz for the last 3 days.

I vow to join forces with RTR to get to the bottom of this conundrum and report back.

on a side note: I like the new look of Pinside. The new paint and screen doors have really spruced up the place.

#642 10 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Speculation of TBL dream pin has pulled me out my self-imposed pinside posting retirement. I haven't posted since June, but my Galaxy has been abuzz for the last 3 days.
I vow to join forces with RTR to get to the bottom of this conundrum and report back.
on a side note: I like the new look of Pinside. The new paint and screen doors have really spruced up the place.

Welcome back! Carry on with the investigation.....

#643 10 years ago

Were those 2 girls handing out flyers employees from Twin Peaks? I just went to the Wheeling, Il Twin Peaks site, and the shorter one sure looks like "Jordyn" from there. That would make sense.

If this is a hoax, this is one very epic hoax.

#644 10 years ago

I would one in a heartbeat. One of the best cult classic movies of all time!!

#645 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Info:

LOL...is Mike ever NOT blowing a gasket!? Any time I saw him at Expo he was just all miserable and crotchety while everyone is having fun...and then there was the whole PBL fight...geeeeze - Mike, lighten up! It's only pinball!!!

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

If Racer X can't help us figure this out, no one can!

#647 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If Racer X can't help us figure this out, no one can!

We are counting on you Racer X! Don't let us down!

#648 10 years ago

I was at expo, saw the flyers, heard the buzz and still can't see how they would make a big lebowski pin..... not going to happen.

#649 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I was at expo, saw the flyers, heard the buzz and still can't see how they would make a big lebowski pin..... not going to happen.

I know what you mean. It is about as likely as a MM remake. Hey wait a minute.....

#650 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Were those 2 girls handing out flyers employees from Twin Peaks? I just went to the Wheeling, Il Twin Peaks site, and the shorter one sure looks like "Jordyn" from there. That would make sense.
If this is a hoax, this is one very epic hoax.

This is very possible. One of the costumed girls in the Spooky Pinball seminar also happened to be our server at Twin Peaks the night before. Seems to be a common source for some "talent"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
15,000 (OBO)
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 22.50
There are 760 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-be-in-on-a-pre-pay-for-a-tbl-the-big-lebowski-3-so-far/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.