(Topic ID: 120239)

Would you allow Hercules in an IFPA-sanctioned league?

By Law

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

correct-answer-hi.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Cincy and Ohio league rules on 'odd' games - they can be used, but only if all people in the group agree. Generally the oddballs don't get used, but I think there's at least one big ball bowler match on record somewhere..
Oddball games include:
Safecracker (time based, not number of balls)
Hyperball (gun game)
2 or 1 player EMs (must be played in stages)
Joust/AG Football (if you really want to rank two 2-player vs games)
Bowlers / Gott. SnS
Spinball Jolly Park (software has issues)
I'd put Hercules on the list as well, it's pretty odd.

We don't consider wedgeheads or 2-player EMs 'odd' games anymore, but the rest would fall on the odd list for OPL.

Was the bowler match at Kyle's?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think so (Kyle)
Do you just play 1-2 then 3-4 on the EMs? Guess that's reasonable enough. P1 picks and is the most disadvantaged.

Yep! One and two play together, and three plays alone in three player groups.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

So, this season of the Pinballz Arcade league is about to wrap up, and the players that have qualified for finals get to select machines from a "bank" consisting of anything available at Pinballz that's in good working order.
A couple people joked tonight how they'd pick Hercules since no one ever practices on it so they could sneak in a couple late-night sessions and rock it during finals. I don't think anyone's serious about picking it, but should it be allowed if someone did?
The one at Pinballz is in fine shape and technically pinball... anyways, thoughts? Has anyone seen a Hercules used in a tournament or league before?

I'm not a serious tournament player, but am active in a couple leagues. I would say allow it. I would not allow the maneuver described a couple posts back, though, as it sounds like it would constitute a death save for tournament purposes.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from bitCurrier:

I disagree as it is purely a flipper move.

But it's recovering a ball that has gone down an outlane, correct? It's a cool party trick, but I can't imagine any reasonable tournament director letting that fly. I believe it would constitute a death save, even though it isn't a "bang back."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-allow-hercules-in-an-ifpa-sanctioned-league?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.