“Take the WOZ”

• YES 31 votes
    89%
  • NO 4 votes
    11%

(35 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 7 years ago

Hello,

i have space for one new Machine - the other is reseverd for GB.

Here is my lineup:

TWD PRO
MET PRO
LOTR
CCC
MB
TAF
CFTBL
Flintstones

So i'm interested in WOZ to complete my lineup - I played the machine only 10 times and had fun cause it's so fresh and lot to do. I watched a lot videos but now I have a couple Questions:

- Will WOZ fit into line up - despite i already have a deep game and longplayer with LOTR

- Has it enough staying power ?

- Are music and sounds are ok or is it annoying after a long time ?

- Will WOZ show its full potential after a certain time?

I hope you can help me make my decision

Thank you

#2 7 years ago

WOZ is a great game.
I would equate it to a modern Twilight Zone.

#3 7 years ago

I' dont like Twilight Zone, it's not for me. Played couple of games on different locations but it gives not that feeling to me

#4 7 years ago

Music and sounds are fucking annoying from the get go...

#5 7 years ago

You got an amazing collection, please don't ruin it....

#6 7 years ago

Your collection has a lot of variety. WOZ will add more. It is a great game that needs to be owns to fully appreciate it. Games can be long, like with LOTR, and it is incredibly deep. A lot of the strategy is about stacking modes, and when you do this well, it can be electrifying. There is almost no flow to the game, which is ok. All games are different. I own Star Trek, which is all about flow and combos, and WOZ, and I love the contrast. I do recommend putting more than 10 games on it though and study up on the rules. If you don't like TZ, you need to make sure you like WOZ before buying.

Oh, and the music and sounds are not annoying to me, but everyone is different.

#7 7 years ago

why i ruin it with woz?

That's how i order the line up for me:

games with flow for me: MB ; CCC
games with stop and go: TAF ; ...
games with complex rules: LOTR ; TWD
games with modes: MET ; ...
games that're accessible: Flintstones ; CFTBL

The both last pins i want to add should primary fill the categories "Stop and Go" and "Modes"

WOZ --> Stop and Go + complex rules + Modes
GB --> Modes

So i hope i have a lot of variety for the next years, cause i'm not the hardcore player ( max. 2-3 hours a week, except partys)

The Sound was ok for me - but i don't know how it is in a few months...

I don't like TZ cause i is not my theme. The 10 games on WOZ was a blast, but i don't had the time to study the rules... On this party my girlfriend only played WOZ after she played every game (MB, MM, TOTAN, BSD, ACDC) once in the room.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

why i ruin it with woz?
The both last pins i want to add should primary fill the categories "Stop and Go" and "Modes"
GB --> Modes
So i hope i have a lot of variety for the next years, cause i'm not the hardcore player ( max. 2-3 hours a week, except partys)

#9 7 years ago

Get it. You can always sell it if you don't like it.
Just do some research and make sure you get one with the better playfield and no light board issues (if there are any).

#10 7 years ago

i got an offer but in germany pinballs are so expensive - but it has new mirco playfield, new Boards and fully cliffy + Pf protector

#11 7 years ago

WOZ is a polarizing game. Not because of the game itself, but because of everything else involved. So a question like this is simply an opportunity for people to say the same things they have said for years. If they like WOZ, they will say it fits. If they hate Jack, they will say it won't fit. Very few people hear have crossed over that line.

I still think WOZ was a great pin, but it had some faults, just like every game. The only way to find out if you like the game is to play it. There is just too much baggage about it on Pinside to get a reasonable answer on this specific game.

#12 7 years ago

Ok, will try to give an honest opinion. I have a love-hate relationship with WoZ. I bought the RR version NIB but sold it after six months, mostly because of the rules back then. Long story short: in the mean time I bought and sold the WoZ 4 times, but I bought back the last I sold after the buyer offered it back to me.

Now with the latest code it just is a game for everybody. Deep deep code, but also playable for novices. It is my most played game and never gets dull, there are games that last about 5 minutes and games that can last 20-30 all on 3 balls.

In my opninion this is one of the best games ever made, except maybe for TSPP Quality is very good, RGB leds beautiful and the game is really for everyone except for guys that really get annoyed by the theme. This is very well possible as I have the same with Metallica which is also a good game. Women and children all seem to like the WoZ.

I have looked at the one you have been offered on the flippermarkt and it is a beauty. Get a good price and go for it. I placed the protector myself and it is a lot of work so that is a big plus.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

why i ruin it with woz?
GB --> Modes
I don't like TZ cause i is not my theme. The 10 games on WOZ was a blast, but i don't had the time to study the rules... On this party my girlfriend only played WOZ after she played every game (MB, MM, TOTAN, BSD, ACDC) once in the room.

So, you already made up your mind long time ago.... Why bother asking for opinions here?

DRAIN....

#14 7 years ago

Get it. You have many great games but none of them will match up to woz in many ways. It's far different than the others, and variety is key in this hobby.

#15 7 years ago

Thank for your input - so i have two offers for wozecle

A. Pf Protector + cliffys + state fair + illum. winkie target + mirco pf + New led boards

B. Rbg trees + Tornado mod + figures + state fair + mirco pf + old led boards (+ New led boards for 300 More)

The B offer is 200 bucks cheaper without New led boards and 100 bucks more expensive with new led boards.

B is 20 minutes away.
A is 4-5 hours away.

Which one to take?

#16 7 years ago

I would grab the closer one based on the drive alone. And I know you're already committed to getting a WOZ, but I just wanted to say it's a good choice. I had one for a while and got rid of it. But I really enjoyed playing it when I had it. It's such a different and DEEP game. I recommend reading the rule sheet on it to fully appreciate the gameplay. Enjoy!

#17 7 years ago

WOZ is an awesome game, and I hate the theme. I would buy it again if I had funds.

#18 7 years ago

Thank you for your feedback.

So tomorrow i will checkout the B offer and can have a look for the PF, boards etc. Hope all is ok with it.

A is in MINT condition - with only a little damage under the lockbar (not visible).

#19 7 years ago

Here an update:

A:
+ Pf Protector
+ all cliffys
+ state fair led
+ illum. winkie target
+ mirco pf
+ New led boards

B.
+ Rbg trees
+ Tornado mod
+ figures
+ New led boards
- no mirco pf
- little damage/crack on munchkin pf- edge
- shoe on pinballbat cracked and fixed

The B offer is 200 bucks cheaper

B is 20 minutes away.
A is 4-5 hours away.

Which one what you take?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Here an update:
A:
+ Pf Protector
+ all cliffys
+ state fair led
+ illum. winkie target
+ mirco pf
+ New led boards
B.
+ Rbg trees
+ Tornado mod
+ figures
+ New led boards
- no mirco pf
- little damage/crack on munchkin pf- edge
- shoe on pinballbat cracked and fixed
The B offer is 200 bucks cheaper
B is 20 minutes away.
A is 4-5 hours away.
Which one what you take?

Whats the asking price on both? Id get A but if its anywhere close to NIB price id just buy new.

#21 7 years ago

WOZ rules are not complex they are just hard to achieve. I had one and thought the game sucked. The guy I sold it to thought it sucked and he sold it as well

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Whats the asking price on both? Id get A but if its anywhere close to NIB price id just buy new.

German prices in Dollar

Nib price = 12.125$
Offer A = 10.285$
Offer B. = 10.062$

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

So i'm interested in WOZ to complete my lineup - I played the machine only 10 times

Any chance you could get more games on it and then decide ?

LTG : )

#24 7 years ago

To day i played 2 hours on offer b and it was pure fun. Its really hard and i loved the Challenge. Some long games and some short games. Also get the nplh home done in first try.

+ my girlfriend felt in love with the pin, and she hates all pins in my line up except Flintstones and creech.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

To day i played 2 hours on offer b and it was pure fun. Its really hard and i loved the Challenge. Some long games and some short games. Also get the nplh home done in first try.
+ my girlfriend felt in love with the pin, and she hates all pins in my line up except Flintstones and creech.

There's your answer, happy wife happy life.

And its better than every pin in your lineup.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Congrats on finding a game both you and your spouse love!

#27 7 years ago

WOZ rocks... enjoy it!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

WOZ rocks... enjoy it!

Second that thought. Fantastic game!!

#29 7 years ago

Had my Woz for 6 months now, great game....it will be staying for a while.

I also try to mix up my collection with different playing games.
Have Met prem, AMH, TZ, BSD, DrWho, Wipeout, Pinball Magic and Woz. Adding Woz I Sold TSPP and have no regrets.
RZ and Thunderbirds due 16/17 respectively.

Good luck with your purchase.

#30 7 years ago

Thank you for your words

Hope the WOZ will compensated me for drive 5 hours one way.

But we'll have a nice Weekend with friends and take the WOZ on the way back.

#31 7 years ago

lol at the retaliatory thumbs down after the guy supposedly drained the thread. what a weirdo.

#32 7 years ago

Based on your lineup and tastes I recommend giving the last spot to Iron Man, not WOZ.

#33 7 years ago

WOZ does not feel like a long ball game. I have a lot of short games, sometimes a longer one. But even the long games don't feel like it because there is so much happening with all the modes going on, it really keeps you wanting to progress further. My biggest fear before I purchased WOZ was the music. I thought for sure it would get repetitive. But honestly, I don't even notice it, there is so much variety to the music, it is constantly changing. You can also adjust all the different audio levels in the settings. WOZ is a pinball masterpiece. The price is a little steep though. I don't regret purchasing it for a second.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

WOZ does not feel like a long ball game. I have a lot of short games, sometimes a longer one. But even the long games don't feel like it because there is so much happening with all the modes going on, it really keeps you wanting to progress further. My biggest fear before I purchased WOZ was the music. I thought for sure it would get repetitive. But honestly, I don't even notice it, there is so much variety to the music, it is constantly changing. You can also adjust all the different audio levels in the settings. WOZ is a pinball masterpiece. The price is a little steep though. I don't regret purchasing it for a second.

The only time it feels a little long is when you get to the witch battle, immediately fail, and then realize you have to start all over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-woz-fit-into-my-lineup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.