Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NYP
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2110_front_org (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    51le5rF-11L (resized).jpg
    playfield2 (resized).JPG
    playfield1 (resized).JPG
    4cb60adf05dfb60263de535205b84eee (resized).jpg
    1547d6e4663ddb2786c6a831f5219b1435518f56 (resized).jpg
    673F5DFD-9680-4DF2-B15C-47993D4BAA31 (resized).jpeg
    4A928E78-3627-47CD-BA42-AF3C070928C9 (resized).jpeg
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

War is tasteless and depressing. However battling martians and medieval kings are perfect themes for pinball.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

War is tasteless and depressing. However battling martians and medieval kings are perfect themes for pinball.

I have a feeling you don’t even know anymore when you are being sarcastic.

In this case, you aren’t! (Just so you know)

#53 6 years ago

OK then. Since wars from the last century and other countries seem to hit a nerve, but prior and fictional wars don't, I cast my vote for a Civil War themed game, where Americans, brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers can destroy each other.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I cast my vote for a Civil War themed game, where Americans, brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers can destroy each other.

Haha first off; great idea I'm in.
    Second, all that shit is a bit dicey in the current political climate.

#55 6 years ago

OK. After a little more research, I have come to the conclusion this is about the only war theme most pinsiders can relate to.

51le5rF-11L (resized).jpg51le5rF-11L (resized).jpg

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OK. After a little more research, I have come to the conclusion this is about the only war theme most pinsiders can relate to.

All that destruction of personal property...

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Uff you know the Chandelier is only going to be on the LE

#58 6 years ago

There is a huge Japanese and German market for pins. Ww2 would bomb in those markets

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

There is a huge Japanese and German market for pins. Ww2 would bomb in those markets

I'm not sure how "huge" those two markets are, but if they did it in an "Axis and Allies" style then you could choose to play as either the Axis or the Allies. Similar to how you can pick Autobots or Decepticons on the Transformers pin. I'm not saying that would be the best way to go, but it is a possibility.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

. Ww2 would bomb in those markets

That's what started all of this

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I’ve already started this exact same thread

Sorry bangajay had no idea you had done this. You got alot more posts in the spirit I was thinking I've got alot of serious Debbie Downers

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry bangajay had no idea you had done this. You got alot more posts in the spirit I was thinking I've got alot of serious Debbie Downers

Please ... Donny Downer.

#63 6 years ago

Hogan's Heroes was a very funny show and has potential as a pin, but is very unrealistic. Plus there were lots of detractors then and now. POW camps were almost as bad as the concentration camps. In the entire show, I think that only a single (unnamed) Allied soldier was portrayed as killed. German's were portrayed as easily duped buffoons, which they were not. Like I said, funny show, potential for a fun pin but very unrealistic all around.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OK then. Since wars from the last century and other countries seem to hit a nerve, but prior and fictional wars don't, I cast my vote for a Civil War themed game, where Americans, brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers can destroy each other.

What's so civil about war anyway? Axl the prophet.

The Purge pinball?

#65 6 years ago

I would have been more interested in a WWI game.
    No swatiskas, no nazis... and a Motörhead album.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#66 6 years ago

RIP Lemmy

#67 6 years ago

Not into it personally, but after reading thread and thinking about it- there’s so many violent video games out now and some very realistic war Themed ones (maybe wwII ones? Not sure, haven’t played any) - call of duty comes to mind. So many war movies as well. With that in mind I don’t see a problem with having a serious Pinball about it. Is Pinball somehow sacred ground that you can’t broach certain topics with?

#68 6 years ago

I love Military history however living in Japan I may have to be sensitive to the folks I invite over for beer and pinball

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

War is miserable and hell. Not a fun theme at all IMO. And Putin just announcing 'invincible' supersonic nukes, to boot. God how depressing. The worst aspect of humanity is its ability to kill others on an industrial scale.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43239331

Been done already
    http://www.nypinball.com/brochures_details.php?br=2110

2110_front_org (resized).jpg2110_front_org (resized).jpg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-world-war-ii-make-a-good-theme/page/2?hl=cnuts13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.