1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by NYP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2110_front_org (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    51le5rF-11L (resized).jpg
    playfield2 (resized).JPG
    playfield1 (resized).JPG
    4cb60adf05dfb60263de535205b84eee (resized).jpg
    1547d6e4663ddb2786c6a831f5219b1435518f56 (resized).jpg
    673F5DFD-9680-4DF2-B15C-47993D4BAA31 (resized).jpeg
    4A928E78-3627-47CD-BA42-AF3C070928C9 (resized).jpeg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Just wondering if anyone thought World War 2 would make a good pinball theme. I can picture it now, shooting a ball out of a tank, dropping multi balls out of a bomer plane across the playfield, you could have a trench like in medi evil madness. You could pick which side you wanted to go (good vs evil) or which country you wanted. The film clips would be awesome, and the theme is free. I would want jjp to make it. Just a thought, cheers.

#2 1 year ago

I think the “witch country” sounds pretty cool.

#3 1 year ago

It's been done, woz

#4 1 year ago

I prefer my pinball to be less "serious" in theme and like some humor in my games. I'm good with superheroes, etc., but no need to be shooting or blowing people up outside of the comic book superhero genre. Plenty of video games cover that territory and do it well. JJP would never do it; they are obviously doing family friendly themes and while I haven't bought any of there games yet, I prefer their family friendly approach.

#5 1 year ago

Why can't we have a pinball for grown ups

#6 1 year ago

Yep, an Axis and Allies (board game) style theme would make a cool game.

#7 1 year ago

They already are for grownups; while some themes clearly play to our nostalgic youth, Stern is clearly targeting adults with all of their games. Some of the themes also happen to work well with younger people since some are themes that have been around for decades but are still popular.

#8 1 year ago

Wrong threat sorry

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Why can't we have a pinball for grown ups

Says the man with a Tazmanian Devil cartoon avatar

#10 1 year ago

Twd isn't family friendly but it's popular

#11 1 year ago

Nice one tbanthony

#12 1 year ago

I've always been fascinated by WWII. I believe that it may very well be the last truly heroic war the world will ever see.
    That said, I think you could make a fantastic pin with this theme. However, should wars really provide us with pinball themes?

#13 1 year ago

Call of duty pinball would be awesome! I think this theme would have a lot of potential.

#14 1 year ago

I think at todays prices for pinball machines.......... you have to be grown up!

#15 1 year ago

However, should wars really provide us with pinball themes? Sadly Wars are a part of human history. Pinball could be a way for the younger ones to learn some history

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I think at todays prices for pinball machines.......... you have to be grown up!

Everyone knows pinballs are expensive

#17 1 year ago

Pacific or European theater?
    Or how about one for each!
    Would you involve u-boats and the Battle of the Atlantic
    and what about Russia vs Germany in the Eastern Front?
    Lots of options for sure.

#18 1 year ago

War sucks.

Fantasy war/sci fi/horror?

Great.

Actual war isn’t funny and isn’t fun and would make a terrible, depressing Pinball theme. And I’m cringing at all the tasteless swaztika mods people would put all over a game like this.

#19 1 year ago

War is a dirty filthy business. Why bring pinball into it?

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Pacific or European theater?
    Or how about one for each!
    Would you involve u-boats and the Battle of the Atlantic
    and what about Russia vs Germany in the Eastern Front?
    Lots of options for sure.

Love your thinking I was wondering if ww2 was to big. maybe you could focus on a battle, like nomandy

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

War sucks.
    Fantasy war/sci fi/horror?
    Great.
    Actual war isn’t funny and isn’t fun and would make a terrible, depressing Pinball theme. And I’m cringing at all the tasteless swaztika mods people would put all over a game like this.

You would have to have different flags that's how you know good from evil

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekie:

War is a dirty filthy business. Why bring pinball into it?

It's just a question thanks for your opinion

#23 1 year ago

4A928E78-3627-47CD-BA42-AF3C070928C9 (resized).jpeg

673F5DFD-9680-4DF2-B15C-47993D4BAA31 (resized).jpeg

#24 1 year ago

I've always been fascinated by military history and WW2 in particular. From the time I first got into pinball four years ago I have thought that it would make a fantastic theme for a game. There are all kinds of cool stuff you could do with it. The modes in the game would be the major battles of the war including Stalingrad, Kursk, Battle of Britain, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, etc. There are so many cool ideas in terms of layout and toys that you could not even come close to fitting it all into one game without it getting too crowded. So then they could make a series of new games for the Civil War, WW1, Korea, and Vietnam. (OK maybe I'm dreaming now.)

#25 1 year ago

Wow combat! Everything has been done just when you thought you were being original

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

I've always been fascinated by military history and WW2 in particular. From the time I first got into pinball four years ago I have thought that it would make a fantastic theme for a game. There are all kinds of cool stuff you could do with it. The modes in the game would be the major battles of the war including Stalingrad, Kursk, Battle of Britain, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, etc. There are so many cool ideas in terms of layout and toys that you could not even come close to fitting it all into one game without it getting too crowded. So then they could make a series of new games for the Civil War, WW1, Korea, and Vietnam. (OK maybe I'm dreaming now.)

I like your dreaming and think the theme could make some sick pinballs

#27 1 year ago

War is miserable and hell. Not a fun theme at all IMO. And Putin just announcing 'invincible' supersonic nukes, to boot. God how depressing. The worst aspect of humanity is its ability to kill others on an industrial scale.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43239331

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

War is miserable and hell. Not a fun theme at all IMO. And Putin just announcing 'invincible' supersonic nukes, to boot. God how depressing. The worst aspect of humanity is its ability to kill others on an industrial scale.

If I was you I wouldn't play TNA

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

Oh come on. Total Nuclear Annihilation is a game being manufactured right now and everybody loves it. Are you saying you oppose this game because you don't want to die in a nuclear war?

Edit: Beat me to it.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

I just don’t see any western power using nukes aggressively. Using nukes will cause major environmental issues. War is normally used to take more territory or assets. Using a nuke on a city like London, would have no financial or territorial advantage. Now, a country who’s mindset is to destroy all and even if it kills themselves in the process, those are the ones with nukes that people should be worried about.

To quote Metallica “to secure peace is to prepare for war”. That’s all Putin doing. He’s not gonna use it against Europe or United States.

Back to the thread...war sucks but WW2 would make a great pinball theme with loads of possibilities for features and modes.

#32 1 year ago

It's 2 am in oz off to bed, thanks for everyones input

#33 1 year ago

Until pic loaded, I was thinking your pics would be of the number of retheme pins from late 30s - early 40s Like Williams Flat Top.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Just wondering if anyone thought World War 2 would make a good pinball theme. The film clips would be awesome

The film clips of actual battle scenes? I don’t need to see footage of people being killed while I’m playing a game.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Just wondering if anyone thought World War 2 would make a good pinball theme.

No. WWII should be remembered and learned from. Not celebrated as a pinball theme.

#36 1 year ago

Always keep in mind, just because a pin isn’t for you necissarily that doesn’t always mean it shouldn’t be made. I personally would never want a Toy Story but recognize some do so for their sake I hope it is made. I’m a history buff, a WWII theme is perfect for me and many others (hence this topic comes back up every few months).

There is a reason COD games love the WWII era. It is interesting to people and sells. A pin on that theme would have its supporters.

#37 1 year ago

The study of WW II is interesting as hell. Maybe there should be one called Shindler's List where you get big points for rescuing people from the concentration/death camps. Or how about Stalingrad--The Aftermath, where you get points for plowing under over a million dead bodies on what was the battlefield during that "skirmish".

#38 1 year ago

World War 2 themed pinball machine would be awesome. There are so many crazy and intersting ways they could approach the gameplay and the options are almost limitless with that theme and its free.

#39 1 year ago

Why Not? In 50 years, maybe your grandkids can trade it in for a 9/11 themed pin.

#40 1 year ago

There is also special force which is a war themed game.

1547d6e4663ddb2786c6a831f5219b1435518f56 (resized).jpg

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from TimO:

Why Not? In 50 years, maybe your grandkids can trade it in for a 9/11 themed pin.

... and it took till post #39...

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

There is also special force which is a war themed game.

There are plenty more than that with various fighting/war themes...maybe not specifically called out as certain countries etc....but plenty.
    Some more comical, some not as much.

Raven, F-14, Torpedo Alley, Goldwings, defense, flat top, Shangri-la, bomb the axis rats, bombardier, sink the japs, fleet, ... and probably 100+ more.

Not personally getting into right or wrong on some of the above themes. Only mentioning a little variety of reasonably relevant titles.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Maybe there should be one called Shindler's List where you get big points for rescuing people from the concentration/death camps. Or how about Stalingrad--The Aftermath, where you get points for plowing under over a million dead bodies on what was the battlefield during that "skirmish".

You're joking right?

#44 1 year ago

I’ve already started this exact same thread

#45 1 year ago

So another VE?

4cb60adf05dfb60263de535205b84eee (resized).jpg

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I’ve already started this exact same thread

And circle gets the square

Link please.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

The film clips of actual battle scenes? I don’t need to see footage of people being killed while I’m playing a game.

Well that's kind of like saying "I don't need to see footage of people being killed while I'm watching a movie/TV show", yet a very high percentage of them show exactly that (Star Wars, anyone?). But if we are talking about using actual documentary footage here, then you are usually going to see the camera trained on the tank or gun doing the firing, not a closeup of the damage it causes hundreds of yards or even miles away. I've seen dozens of WW2 documentaries and I sure don't recall seeing a lot of live on-screen deaths in combat. You are left to imagine it from the explosions in the distance.

#49 1 year ago

Here is the WW2 themed pinball machine I'm working on. Objectives are positive ones:

1: Reclaim stolen treasure/art
    2: Clear land mine fields
    3: Use the bombe code machine (three switches and six inserts) to crack a 'code' to gain complete control of the tank
    4: Free POWs
    5: Resupply armies with food and weapons

playfield1 (resized).JPGplayfield2 (resized).JPG

Here is the link (as mention above):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ww2-themed-pinball-all-new-p-roc-ambitious-homebrew

Mike V

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And I’m cringing at all the tasteless Swastika mods people would put all over a game like this.

Oh stop it man. Sure there's gonna be a bunch of Swastikas and shit but they'll have tasteful LEDs on them.

I demand Finland is an Axis power.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 29.95
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside