(Topic ID: 52942)

would there be interest for WPC line filter assemblies?

By j_m_

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wpc_-_domestic_line_filter_assembly.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

as part of sourcing parts for the restoration of my CftBL, I've procured enough extra components to put together (4) WPC line filter assemblies (120v)

these include the following:
    - the IEC 300 box & inlet plug (that your pinball cord plugs into the wall from)
    - 14awg wire running from the IEC 300 box to the service outlet box
    - service outlet box
    - fuse holder
    - line filter
    - service plug outlet
    - thermistor
    - varistor
    - power switch
    - fuse and voltage rating stickers
    - 14awg wire running from the service outlet box to the transformer (including the discontinued & no longer available molex connector)

all items used to construct this assembly are either brand new or NOS parts and everything has been assembled period correct (with the exception of the 3-conductor bonded wire running from the IEC to the service outlet box [which is no longer available])

3 of the assemblies have a factory zinc plated IEC 300 box and galvanized steel service outlet box
    the 1 remaining assembly is slightly nicer and features nickel plated boxes (courtesy of Z-Plating)

marco specialties is the only place that I know that used to sell these but has been out of stock of them (and just about every component necessary to build them) for a few years now

wpc_-_domestic_line_filter_assembly.jpgwpc_-_domestic_line_filter_assembly.jpg

#2 10 years ago

bumping for the evening crowd

#3 10 years ago

bump for the morning crowd

if there's no interest in the next few days, these will be available on ebay next week

#4 10 years ago

bump for friday morning

#5 10 years ago

bump for the weekend

#6 10 years ago

Might get more interest if you mentioned at least a ballpark price.

#7 10 years ago

the costs are $160 for one of the regular sets and $210 for the nickel plated set. the price includes priority mail shipping within the continental united states. I'm just waiting on one last part (which I should receive by next Monday) and then I will assemble the them and provide photos.

and just to be clear, I plan on building them "exactly" as bally/williams did (with one change for the better) so that they are period correct.

the only change that I plan to make (unless the buyer doesn't want it) is to use the same slip on terminal connectors that connect to the on-off power switch and bottom of the line filter on the fuse holder. the reason for the change is that should you have to service anything inside (say a blown thermistor or varistor), it makes getting the components back out of the service outlet box a whole lot easier.

edit:
    actually, I'm waiting on 2 parts. I'm having someone construct another of the no longer available components and am hoping to have those this week as well.

#8 10 years ago

bump

1 month later
    #9 10 years ago

hooray! all of the parts that I was waiting on finally arrived and I was able to assemble and test 2 of the line filter assemblies last night. I will post photos later this evening.

#10 10 years ago

here are images of the finished items

the nickel plated set:

// Error: Image 115408 not found // // Error: Image 115409 not found // // Error: Image 115410 not found // // Error: Image 115411 not found // // Error: Image 115412 not found // // Error: Image 115413 not found //

#11 10 years ago

and images of the galvanized steel and zinc plated set (the 2 stickers are included for the service outlet box as well, I just took the photos prior to applying them)

// Error: Image 115416 not found // // Error: Image 115417 not found // // Error: Image 115418 not found // // Error: Image 115419 not found // // Error: Image 115420 not found //

#12 10 years ago

bump for the morning crowd. the 4 that are available will be going to ebay if there's no interest by the end of the weekend

#13 10 years ago

bump for the afternoon crowd

and just to reiterate, these were assembled with all NOS parts (with the exception of the fuse insulator, which I had custom made to the exact specifications of the original)

#14 10 years ago

bump for the weekend

1 week later
    #15 10 years ago

Looks nice! ttt

1 week later
    #16 10 years ago

I just read your post. I'm wondering if you still have any of your line filters?
    My "Dr. Who" import is missing it completely.
    Thanks!

#17 10 years ago

Randall:
    do you still need one (or are you the same person who's wife purchased one for a Dr. Who from my ebay listing?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-there-be-interest-for-wpc-line-filter-assemblies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.