6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wizboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Also will I screw something up by putting a Swep prism card into a RFM since I don't need 2 broken P2Ks.

#2 6 years ago

I wouldn't have the playfield plugged in if you do

#3 6 years ago

Thats good advice .

#4 6 years ago

Are you putting a complete question in your subject line? All I see is "Would swapping a PRISM card out of a working P2k help me find out why".

If you include the question and relevant data in the body of the post it helps people help you.

#5 6 years ago

Agreed with Ballypinball 's advice, unplug the playfield at the rear connector panel before you do that. The coil/switch mappings are different between the games (particularly the SW:E1 magnet that has longer pulse times), so that'll keep you from burning something up.

Otherwise, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to swap the PRISM cards. Toss the SW:E1 PRISM into your RFM after disconnecting the playfield, and that'll tell you if its the PRISM or something else on the other computer. Feel free to post what else you're seeing with the other computer and we'll try to help.

#6 6 years ago

Sorry there was more to the original question but would not fit.

Also the game has full sound and gameplay ,but the no video doesn't make sense unless half the card is bad. The one question was if the monitor is not getting a signal don't they as a default say no signal On the screen?

#7 6 years ago

No its not a pc monitor it won't say no signal

#8 6 years ago

I do have an LCD monitor setup?
    Also swapped out to another MONITOR same result nothing.

#9 6 years ago

Yes try swapping prism card sandwich t test

#10 6 years ago

As information, I kept my playfield connected while I did not know which Prismcard is installed. The computer boots up does the self test and is ready to play. No matter how the combination is. (It is possible to play RFM on an SWE1 pf, that makes no sense because of the different switch/coil wiring but it is possible)

Whom it is to critical can let the coin door open while booting. The playfield "high" voltage is cut as long as the coin door is open!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-swapping-a-prism-card-out-of-a-working-p2k-help-me-find-out-why?hl=wizboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.