3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by whisper
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image-18_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

This may pertain to any Stern LE that doesn't sell well but I'm going to use WWE Wrestlemania as an example. Since WWE Wrestlemania came out last year Stern announced they were going to make a special Legends of Wrestmania LE version with a small run of 400. I've seen a few times on the forums and was even corrected by some that just cause Stern said 400 doesn't mean they actually made 400.

Now I've seen pictures of WWE LE's with numbers up to the mid 300's. I think 343 is on ipdb.org. Does Stern go in order when they make these things? I'm wondering if there's any other game like this? 343 out of 400 is a lot, but the way people talk it's like they didn't even make 200.

So either Stern makes their LE's out of order. Stern only made 343ish out of 400. Or since Stern doesn't release their numbers we can only assume a game we don't like isn't being made a lot of, but in the end it's just a guess. What do you think?

#2 3 years ago

I bet they made less than 150, including mine.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

This may pertain to any Stern LE that doesn't sell well but I'm going to use WWE Wrestlemania as an example. Since WWE Wrestlemania came out last year Stern announced they were going to make a special Legends of Wrestmania LE version with a small run of 400. I've seen a few times on the forums and was even corrected by some that just cause Stern said 400 doesn't mean they actually made 400.
Now I've seen pictures of WWE LE's with numbers up to the mid 300's. I think 343 is on ipdb.org. Does Stern go in order when they make these things? I'm wondering if there's any other game like this? 343 out of 400 is a lot, but the way people talk it's like they didn't even make 200.
So either Stern makes their LE's out of order. Stern only made 343ish out of 400. Or since Stern doesn't release their numbers we can only assume a game we don't like isn't being made a lot of, but in the end it's just a guess. What do you think?

Going back to at least the Metallica LE, Stern prints all of the LE plaques and then randomly pulls one out and attaches it to the next LE coming off the production line.

#4 3 years ago

Only 30 WWE LEs are listed as in collections or available for public play on pinside. My guess is 100 were made.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Going back to at least the Metallica LE, Stern prints all of the LE plaques and then randomly pulls one out and attaches it to the next LE coming off the production line.

If that's true that makes sense 100% then. Seems kind of crappy though on Sterns end. If you have one of the first 10 made but they put plaque #343 on there. Granted you'll never know lol.

It would be cool to know exact numbers made and such. Just to know for sure "yea I have 1 of only 30 made" lol

#6 3 years ago

Yea, some day WWE LE will be like Van Gogh paintings, couldn't sell for shit when he was alive and now they're going for $ Millions.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yea, some day WWE LE will be like Van Gogh paintings, couldn't sell for shit when he was alive and now they're going for $ Millions.

First you need to cut Gary's ear off

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

First you need to cut Gary's ear off

It's not like he uses it to hear what the pinball players really would like anyway.

#9 3 years ago

I can tell you the LE numbers in my stock if that helps your curiosity, but I'm pretty sure the answer is yes..

#10 3 years ago

I did read that they did not make all the LOTR LEs that were announced

but LE buyers want to know how many were planned
part of the bragging rights would be 'I have #153 of 400'

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

but LE buyers want to know how many were planned
part of the bragging rights would be 'I have #153 of 400'

Exactly my point. I can understand Stern not making a full run of 400. If the demand isn't there, but if only 100 were made and I have have #343 it doesn't add up and sucks for me where mine could actually be #7.

I'm also guessing the serial numbers don't mesh up with the LE numbers either?

I guess on Sterns end this keeps their numbers to be more secretive. Which I know they like, but it really hurts the creditably of their LE numbering process.

#12 3 years ago

I'll file the numbering system under "strange, but true". What is the point of a numbered plate on a game that doesn't represent the actual production or serial number? Both Stern and JJP use this method.

#13 3 years ago

I could see a reason to keep the numbers random

people value low #numbers
lets say, a big distributor in Chicago always gets the first shipment of every game
they would then always get he lower numbered games
people who value low numbers would then order from this distributor, annoying all the other distributors who are not near Stern

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Exactly my point. I can understand Stern not making a full run of 400. If the demand isn't there, but if only 100 were made and I have have #343 it doesn't add up and sucks for me where mine could actually be #7.
I'm also guessing the serial numbers don't mesh up with the LE numbers either?
I guess on Sterns end this keeps their numbers to be more secretive. Which I know they like, but it really hurts the creditably of their LE numbering process.

With pinball why does it matter if you have 4 or 176? I'd prefer somewhere in the middle when buying so qc issues are hashed out.

#15 3 years ago

If they ordered stuff to make 400 LE's I would guess they made the 400 LE's instead of storing all those PFs and mechs, etc..

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I bet they made less than 150, including mine.

How did you come to this conclusion?

#17 3 years ago

Pretty sure except for the first 25 (with #1-10 going to automated, the rest to Stern's other top distributors), Stern just grabs the LE plaques out of the box randomly.
I received 2 KISS-LE's 2 days apart & the first delivered was #595 of 600, the other was #310/600

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Only 30 WWE LEs are listed as in collections or available for public play on pinside. My guess is 100 were made.

NOT SURE I BELIEVE THAT. LotS of collectors that don't post their collection and lots of others than don't post on Pinside.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Stern announced a run of 1,000 LOTR LEs, they made 500. Perhaps they will run the other 500 later this year...

Let the speculation begin!

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

With pinball why does it matter if you have 4 or 176? I'd prefer somewhere in the middle when buying so qc issues are hashed out.

You're right in they grand scheme of things the LE's would still be the same and the earlier ones may have "issues" that the later ones don't. The little plaque would be the only real difference. With any collectible with a limited run most people like to have the lowest number. Bragging rights, sense of achievement, or just knowing they got one of the first.

As for the run number, I'm not sure how many of you have been following the Wrestlemania LE talk. A lot of people seem to believe the run number was way lower than expected. Granted I can see why a Pinsider with a home collection wouldn't want one if they didn't love wrestling. On route though, it seems it would be a different ball game. You also gotta account for distributers having them for sale and not posting on the Pinside map where they are. I'm sure Gexchange doesn't have his on there lol.

#21 3 years ago

I bet all the STLE(799) and TRON LE's got made(400).
And what's with the 799 ST LE's??? Why not 800?

#22 3 years ago

800 sounds too high
Its the most they have done right?

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

800 sounds too high
Its the most they have done right?

I think it's the most.
If they do star wars LE that will probably get 999.

#24 3 years ago

Still better than WoZ/Hobbit LE numbers

Wonder what made them so confident about Star Trek compared to other games?

799 ST

700 for GOT

600 for TWD
600 for KISS

500 AC/DC

400 for WWE
400 for TRON
400 for MET

Avengers, Avatar, X-Men, Transformers i couldnt find out the info on

#25 3 years ago

I think xmen was 250 for wolverine and 250 for magneato.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I think xmen was 250 for wolverine and 250 for magneato.

300 Wolverine, 250 Magneto.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

799 ST
700 for GOT
600 for TWD
600 for KISS
500 AC/DC
400 for WWE
400 for TRON
400 for MET

LOL
Yeah my WOZ RR LE is out of 1500 Ruby Red, and I think there were 1000 emerald green LE and another 100 green LE for automated services(special edition LE)

#28 3 years ago

For my WOZ LE, at what point is a LE not really a LE?
I wonder if there will be more LE variations than standards out there.
Great game by the way.(definitely not a WOZ basher)

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Pretty sure except for the first 25 (with #1-10 going to automated, the rest to Stern's other top distributors), Stern just grabs the LE plaques out of the box randomly.
I received 2 KISS-LE's 2 days apart & the first delivered was #595 of 600, the other was #310/600

KISS-LE 310/600 was S/N 253604 which shipped from Stern 2 days after #595
KISS-LE 595/600 was S/N 253889

253604 minus 253889 = 285 and 285 + Game #310= #595

Maybe they actually put them on in the order they put on the S/N Tags ?!?!

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

250 Blue Avengers 250 Hulk Avengers

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

799 ST
700 for GOT
600 for TWD
600 for KISS
500 AC/DC
400 for WWE
400 for TRON
400 for MET

I'm 99.9% sure MET was 500...

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern announced a run of 1,000 LOTR LEs, they made 500. Perhaps they will run the other 500 later this year...
Let the speculation begin!

I don't think so on LOTR LE. The certificates clearly state 500.

image-18_(resized).jpg

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

KISS-LE 310/600 was S/N 253604 which shipped from Stern 2 days after #595
KISS-LE 595/600 was S/N 253889
253604 minus 253889 = 285 and 285 + Game #310= #595
Maybe they actually put them on in the order they put on the S/N Tags ?!?!

Oooh the plot thickens.
Took me a few times to understand it lol
S/n 253889-253604=285
LE# 595-310 =285

So s/n 253605 should be 311
And 253890 should be 596

Anyone else have two LEs that we can compare? Or even if you only have 1 we can compare with another Pinsider?

Can the serial numbers be put on random too, but with the correct LE numbers? Or is that some kind of law that the serial numbers have to be in order?

#35 3 years ago

Another reason why the pro or premium are usually good enough.

#36 3 years ago

My Kiss is 369 s/n 253662.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

My Kiss is 369 s/n 253662.

K with this 253662-253604=58
But 369-310=59

So it's off by 1. Could have been a simple mistake at Stern 369 went on 368's. Jason could have mistaken his serial number (2 could have been a 3). Or it could mean nothing at all lol. Still interesting.

#38 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#39 3 years ago

Curious, whats the manufacture date on your #799?

#40 3 years ago

How many Mustang LE's out there? I'm pretty sure the Boss Premium ended up being a rarer machine.

#41 3 years ago

4 months later
#42 2 years ago

So any confirmation of the 400 wwe Le's were made?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Steele, ND
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside