Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by epeabs
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211112-143720_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20211029_213217 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-202215_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-202131_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210820_091036 (resized).jpg
    8180E8C3-B199-44ED-9FFC-3783935F379A (resized).jpeg
    2E46EA8A-2D59-4C4C-BE23-BFB5FEFF1704 (resized).jpeg
    R-1523557-1225938305.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Blah (resized).jpg
    image0 (resized).jpeg
    rush (resized).jpg
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

It is Geddy, you hoser.

I'm an idiot....

#102 2 years ago

This will be my 1st LE and probably only. I'm so danged excited about it. Never thought it would happen and still am waiting to see if it's actually true. I don't even care if they raise the price for this.

I've been a Rush fan since my cousin popped the 2112 8 track into his 57 Chevy. Being a drummer makes it an even bigger dream theme. I just hope they work Neil's kit into the design.

#103 2 years ago

The entire pf should be Neil's kit with a slow spinning Red Barchetta on display in the center with driving lights blinking to the music and spinning tires. Or maybe a huge bass drum and have the double bass pedals hooked up to be timed to play to the bass! In honor of Neil's spirit. Bring back the Stranger Things projector to display on the drum.

Besides the obvious mentioned songs, add:
    La Villa Strangiato (cut first 60 seconds)
    Temples of Syrinx (cut first 90 seconds)
    Driven (Test for echo album)
    Red Sector A
    A Passage To Bangkok (overrides volume settings to full)

#104 2 years ago
    R-1523557-1225938305.jpeg (resized).jpgR-1523557-1225938305.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #105 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

They have a niche following for sure so I would expect to see their fans at an event, in general though they are not a big band in Canada. They are just one of those Canadian acts that got amplified by the CRTC. If you asked 100 Canadians to name a great Canadian Band The Hip would get the vast majority, then a bunch of other bands would split the rest getting a a few of votes each. Rush would would just be in that mix, they would be below Nickleback and Nickleback is generally hated. If you asked 100 Canadians that play music you would find way more Rush fans. Every conversation I have ever heard about Rush is never about how good it sounds or feels. It is always about how technically difficult or impressive it it is to actual be able to be able to play. Its never I love this song, its always it took me three weeks to just learn the intro, they are such amazing musicians. I know they are more popular in other places but I am surprised they are next for a music pin.

So what you're telling me is that less Rush pins will be going to Canada (more for USA and others).

#106 2 years ago

With the current rumor of this being a "boutique" game......... I am going to be so pissed if its just a reskinned Primus or "the pin".

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

With the current rumor of this being a "boutique" game......... I am going to be so pissed if its just a reskinned Primus or "the pin".

I would be pissed also. I seriously would be finished with Stern if they did that.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

That's exactly my fear. I mean, maybe a cool 80s SS game could be an interesting layout... but I wasn't a big fan of Primus or Beatles

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

I would be pissed also. I seriously would be finished with Stern if they did that.

Yeah I want a game. Not Primus 2.0. I don’t want an EM game in a Modern body.

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I mean, maybe a cool 80s SS game could be an interesting layout... but I wasn't a big fan of Primus or Beatles

I hope it is a new original (and excellent) layout as well… though full disclosure, I thought Beatles was fun enough that I bought a Seawitch and am pretty enamored with it.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Randomly saw this yesterday. I teared up seeing Neil. He looks and talks EXACTLY like my dad, so it’s always a lightning bolt when I see these videos. Luckily, it’s also hilarious

How funny would it be to get Segal & Rudd involved for callouts, reprising their “I Love You Man” characters?

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

How funny would it be to get Segal & Rudd involved for callouts, reprising their “I Love You Man” characters?

somebody post that video again!

#113 2 years ago

Sterling Fuentes is a Neil clone and is rapidly approaching 200(!) Rush drum covers shot from overhead played identical to Neil. No need to secure a bunch of expensive assets, just run his playlist on the video screen, it's amazing to watch! I bet he would be honored to be a part of the game. I wonder if that would lessen the cost of royalties so we could have all the songs instead of a choice few. Or at least a jukebox mode!

Start scrolling through the "video" section
    https://youtube.com/c/SterlingFuentes

#114 2 years ago

Grew up in mi. In the 70s. Saw RUSH when they 1st started back in the day in bars… very early 70s. Have a broken from stick from the original drummer (not peart) from a bar in Lansing mi. Ck out this lp from 75 that they play with Max Webster. Named my dirt bike “ battle scar” after the song

8180E8C3-B199-44ED-9FFC-3783935F379A (resized).jpeg8180E8C3-B199-44ED-9FFC-3783935F379A (resized).jpeg2E46EA8A-2D59-4C4C-BE23-BFB5FEFF1704 (resized).jpeg2E46EA8A-2D59-4C4C-BE23-BFB5FEFF1704 (resized).jpeg
    #115 2 years ago
    Quoted from cartert:

Grew up in mi. In the 70s. Saw RUSH when they 1st started back in the day in bars… very early 70s. Have a broken from stick from the original drummer (not peart) from a bar in Lansing mi. Ck out this lp from 75 that they play with Max Webster. Named my dirt bike “ battle scar” after the song
    [quoted image][quoted image]

NICE!! Pye Dubois who has writing credits on this album also wrote lyrics to a couple songs with Neil, IIRC.. including one Tom Sawyer...

#116 2 years ago

You are correct. What a party they threw back in the day… that they never showed up for. My girlfriends brother was their limo driver in 80s in Az. Saw um back stage, but they never showed up for the after party’s. Rumor was they went to Mexico to party. The good old days

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from Morgoth00:

Sterling Fuentes is a Neil clone and is rapidly approaching 200(!) Rush drum covers shot from overhead played identical to Neil. No need to secure a bunch of expensive assets, just run his playlist on the video screen, it's amazing to watch! I bet he would be honored to be a part of the game. I wonder if that would lessen the cost of royalties so we could have all the songs instead of a choice few. Or at least a jukebox mode!

Amazing player, thanks for linking - I just watched a bunch of his videos back to back! That said, zero chance he is included in a hypothetical rush pinball machine...

Man, I really hope this game is made and honors the band properly!

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from cartert:

Ck out this lp from 75 that they play with Max Webster. Named my dirt bike “ battle scar” after the song
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Battle scar is a great song! I have that same LP unopened.

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from cartert:

You are correct. What a party they threw back in the day… that they never showed up for. My girlfriends brother was their limo driver in 80s in Az. Saw um back stage, but they never showed up for the after party’s. Rumor was they went to Mexico to party. The good old days

Hahahaha Rush?! They went back to their hotels and played D&D. Have you heard the hilarious stories Gene Simmons tells from that tour?

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

But its Yes… no bashing on Yes. I can’t abide.

I would never bash Yes. Yes is amazing. I’m just saying they kept their old fans while Rush has continued to pick up fans over the years. In 40 years you’ll still be able to buy a Rush shirt at Target that teenagers will wear and Yes will be long forgotten.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from MooButt:

I would totally buy a Steely Dan LE with Peg multiball

It’s a dream theme. Rikki don’t lose that combo. Are you reeling in the points? Peg, it will bounce back to you.

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

It’s a dream theme. Rikki don’t lose that combo. Are you reeling in the points? Peg, it will bounce back to you.

This pin should come with a Fez and you can only play with it on. Also, the pin will periodically ask you if there's gas in the car.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I hope it is a new original (and excellent) layout as well… though full disclosure, I thought Beatles was fun enough that I bought a Seawitch and am pretty enamored with it.

Beatles ruined Seawitch for me. I literally can't play SW anymore as it's boring as hell. Worse than Stern's Viper.

#124 2 years ago

What would be really cool is if Stern could get some of the film clips from the last few tours. The Snakes and Arrows tour had some amazing video material, as did the last tour. (RASH, etc).

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

In 40 years you’ll still be able to buy a Rush shirt at Target that teenagers will wear and Yes will be long forgotten.

I hope you are wrong - that thought makes me sad.

#126 2 years ago

I KNOW he is wrong. Rush is my absolute favorite, but Yes has a lot of timeless prog that will never be forgotten either.

I'm talking their old stuff. Fragile, Close to the Edge, etc. Just the song Roundabout makes them eternal.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I KNOW he is wrong. Rush is my absolute favorite, but Yes has a lot of timeless prog that will never be forgotten either.
    I'm talking their old stuff. Fragile, Close to the Edge, etc. Just the song Roundabout makes them eternal.

Yes has definitely been having a rough time lately - Anderson quit, they got a new guy in 2008, he had to leave for health reasons.. Squire is gone, Wakeman left again… though the new new guy Jon Davison is QUITE good, he’s like 5 decades younger than the other guys. They have a new album coming out soon. Rolled out CTTE on the turntable the other day, still kicks ass!

Of course, the new guy in Rush is no longer with us either. Still breaks my heart

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Of course, the new guy in Rush is no longer with us either. Still breaks my heart

Of all the musicians that have ever passed away, this one hit me hard. Such a loss.

1 week later
    #129 2 years ago
    Quoted from Morgoth00:

Sterling Fuentes IS amazing, I’ve been watching his stuff a few years now, but that would never happen.

#130 2 years ago

I’ve already warned my wife that a Rush pin is a possibility!… But like others have said, if it’s a re-skin of BJM/PBR/Primus, I’m out, no matter how big of a Rush fan I am!

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

if it’s a re-skin

It’s not.

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

I’ve already warned my wife that a Rush pin is a possibility!… But like others have said, if it’s a re-skin of BJM/PBR/Primus, I’m out, no matter how big of a Rush fan I am!

Sadly i have to say we are on the same page. I mean i dont mind those layouts/games...... but not for that price. MAYBE half the going price for it.

#133 2 years ago

My prediction is Foo Fighters will be the next re-skin based on Quicksilver. I have absolutely nothing to base it on other than i want it to happen

Anxiously waiting for Rush.

#134 2 years ago
    20210820_091036 (resized).jpg20210820_091036 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #135 2 years ago

Someone mentioned in another thread that they would be disappointed if Rush were a re-theme of Led Zep, then someone else brought up a good point:

"We have yet to see any Spike or Spike 2 cornerstone game recycled with another layout. Designer is mentioned to be Borg, while Led Zep was Steve Ritchie. So that is very unlikely to happen."

Then when I mentioned that I hoped it wasn't going to be a WNBJM re-theme, they said:

"Being this is supposed to be a Borg design, can't see this happening either."

And I think they've whipped the WNBJM horse enough, they won't do a forth game with that layout or technology.

I'm sure Rarehero is right anyway when he said it's not a re-theme...

I really hope this game happens... Anxiously awaiting RUSH!

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Someone mentioned in another thread that they would be disappointed if Rush were a re-theme of Led Zep, then someone else brought up a good point:
    "We have yet to see any Spike or Spike 2 cornerstone game recycled with another layout. Designer is mentioned to be Borg, while Led Zep was Steve Ritchie. So that is very unlikely to happen."
    Then when I mentioned that I hoped it wasn't going to be a WNBJM re-theme, they said:
    "Being this is supposed to be a Borg design, can't see this happening either."
    And I think they've whipped the WNBJM horse enough, they won't do a forth game with that layout or technology.
    I'm sure Rarehero is right anyway when he said it's not a re-theme...
    I really hope this game happens... Anxiously awaiting RUSH!

From what i heard..... New game, lots of ramps, and very fast
    Classic song list.

#137 2 years ago

BRING IT!!!!!!

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

From what i heard..... New game, lots of ramps, and very fast
    Classic song list.

I hope you are right! I'm in line for an LE.

#139 2 years ago

Fingers crossed.

#140 2 years ago

I would be the first person (lol) to pre order my 11-12K LE version. I send Stern a message weekly and just did again. Bombard these people!!!!!

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

I agree....it HAS to be an original, not a re-skin. I would not buy it if it was a re-skin.

#142 2 years ago

Pin a gogo this weekend in Dixon, CA! FRI-SUN $20 for whole weekend and they sell games there. I own a Cyclone and hoping to get either a Pinbot, Bride of Pinbot or a High Speed in good condition for normal pricing, not Banning bend over pricing.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from Calgedy:

Pin a gogo this weekend in Dixon, CA! FRI-SUN $20 for whole weekend and they sell games there. I own a Cyclone and hoping to get either a Pinbot, Bride of Pinbot or a High Speed in good condition for normal pricing, not Banning bend over pricing.

You post to the wrong thread?

#144 2 years ago

Perhaps lol. I didn't see another one about this event so I just put it under the RUSH one. Just telling people......

1 week later
    #145 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinBalt:

Recent "leak" or tease of Whitewood in co-development with Godzilla points to all signs for RUSH!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you to @pinbait for posting this the the "Rush or Motley Crue" thread.

Screenshot_20211019-202131_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211019-202131_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211019-202215_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211019-202215_Chrome (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #146 2 years ago

Check out this YouTube link to Cary Hardy pinball. 5:13 into it. It sounds so positive!

#147 2 years ago

100% happening. Spoke with a couple very reliable sources at Expo. And they all were excited for it.
    I have at least a premium reserved. And the option to bump up to LE if I like that art package. CANT WAIT!

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

100% happening. Spoke with a couple very reliable sources at Expo. And they all were excited for it.
    I have at least a premium reserved. And the option to bump up to LE if I like that art package. CANT WAIT!

Dammit ,I can’t catch a break .I’m pretty sure I’ll eventually have all music pins .Can’t wait to see it !

#149 2 years ago

John Borg on stage with Jack Danger at Expo for "Drinks with Jack". Listen to the music they played when Borg walked out and sat down. And they continued it after it was over with a few more.

They arent even hiding it anymore.

#150 2 years ago

Video unavailable???? That is simply awesome!!!!

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-love-to-see-a-rush-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.