Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by epeabs
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211112-143720_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20211029_213217 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-202215_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-202131_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210820_091036 (resized).jpg
    8180E8C3-B199-44ED-9FFC-3783935F379A (resized).jpeg
    2E46EA8A-2D59-4C4C-BE23-BFB5FEFF1704 (resized).jpeg
    R-1523557-1225938305.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Blah (resized).jpg
    image0 (resized).jpeg
    rush (resized).jpg
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

In its' entirety.

Super Ultra Mega Wizard mode LOL

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

Super Ultra Mega Wizard mode LOL

Continuous ball saves until the entire song is complete...LOL

#53 2 years ago

I really couldn't care less if a Rush pin was made, but I would be happy for my Canadian friends (and anyone else who likes the group).

#54 2 years ago

No way this happens, but I'd be delighted to be wrong.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Evets:

Prepare to be delighted....

#56 2 years ago

Then it's time to reallocate the budget and prepare for my one and only NIB pin.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I really couldn't care less if a Rush pin was made, but I would be happy for my Canadian friends (and anyone else who likes the group).

Rush is a weird group, they seem to be far more popular outside of Canada than they are inside. They had a couple hits but there following has always been other musicians. They have a cult like following of the weird kid from band class. I can't count how many times an American asks me about Rush when he learns I'm Canadian but I only actually know of a handful of Canadians that like them. I could never tolerate a Rush pin at home.

#58 2 years ago

When I joined Pinside with this username in 2012, I thought there was 0% chance of a Rush pin ever being made.
    If the rumours are true, I will completely lose my shit and have no choice but to buy my first ever LE.

Fingers crossed!

#59 2 years ago

Stern if your listening.... take my money please!!!!

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Rush is a weird group, they seem to be far more popular outside of Canada than they are inside. They had a couple hits but there following has always been other musicians. They have a cult like following of the weird kid from band class. I can't count how many times an American asks me about Rush when he learns I'm Canadian but I only actually know of a handful of Canadians that like them. I could never tolerate a Rush pin at home.

Cool!

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Evets:

I'll say it again: It IS happening and I can guarantee it. Revisit this thread in December to thank me.

Quoted from movingpictures:

When I joined Pinside with this username in 2012, I thought there was 0% chance of a Rush pin ever being made.
    If the rumours are true, I will completely lose my shit and have no choice but to buy my first ever LE.
    Fingers crossed!

You may want to contact a distributor (if you have a relationship with one) and let them know you will be wanting an LE. And you may be surprised to find that there's already a waiting list for people who also want one. But may people back out when they see the price or don't like the artwork, etc., so I'm sure you'll be able to score one eventually.

#62 2 years ago

Can’t wait for this and it will likely be my first LE - am already on the list at a couple of distributors and the lists are not short.

The rumor that this was a Borg / Lyman pin would have been icing on the cake, but sounds like at least the Lyman part is not going to happen. Bummer.

So many amazing songs but there will be some head scratchers on the list like all Stern music pins.

#63 2 years ago

Thanks to pinball browser my Metallica Prem turned into a Rush pinball the first week I had it

Battery - Spirit of Radio
    Blackened - Natural Science
    Creeping Death - Fly by Night
    Enter Sandman - Freewill
    Fade to Black - Beneath, Between, Behind
    For Whom the Bell Tolls - The Trees
    Fuel - Tom Sawyer
    Master of Puppets - Limelight
    One - A Farewell to Kings
    Ride the Lightning - Xanadu
    Sad But True - Red Barchetta
    Seek and Destroy - 2112 Overture
    The End of the Line - Closer to the Heart
    Unforgiven - Bastille Day

I hope every song on a Rush pin is '75-81

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll say it again: It IS happening and I can guarantee it. Revisit this thread in December to thank me.

I will gladly thank you. Now I just need to develop a relationship with a distributor, figure out whether I can really afford an LE or "just" a Premium, and stop visiting the other thread in which people claim to know that Lyman is burnt out and has left Stern.

I am a leaf on the wind.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from Evets:

I will gladly thank you. Now I just need to develop a relationship with a distributor, figure out whether I can really afford an LE or "just" a Premium, and stop visiting the other thread in which people claim to know that Lyman is burnt out and has left Stern.
    I am a leaf on the wind.

Just call every distributor you can and ask if you can get on a list for interested buyers. But I don't think Lyman is on this game because I do believe he has sadly left Stern.

And I'm sorry you're a leaf in the wind. That blows.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

It wasnt like that when myself and some buddies traveled up to Toronto to see them play on the Snakes and Arrows tour. The day before and the day of the concert seemed like a holiday around there. Everywhere we went people were talking about it and if we were there to see them.

I even made sure to get my picture in front of a certain building
    image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

It wasnt like that when myself and some buddies traveled up to Toronto to see them play on the Snakes and Arrows tour. The day before and the day of the concert seemed like a holiday around there. Everywhere we went people were talking about it and if we were there to see them.
    I even made sure to get my picture in front of a certain building
    [quoted image]

They have a niche following for sure so I would expect to see their fans at an event, in general though they are not a big band in Canada. They are just one of those Canadian acts that got amplified by the CRTC. If you asked 100 Canadians to name a great Canadian Band The Hip would get the vast majority, then a bunch of other bands would split the rest getting a a few of votes each. Rush would would just be in that mix, they would be below Nickleback and Nickleback is generally hated. If you asked 100 Canadians that play music you would find way more Rush fans. Every conversation I have ever heard about Rush is never about how good it sounds or feels. It is always about how technically difficult or impressive it it is to actual be able to be able to play. Its never I love this song, its always it took me three weeks to just learn the intro, they are such amazing musicians. I know they are more popular in other places but I am surprised they are next for a music pin.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

They have a niche following for sure so I would expect to see their fans at an event, in general though they are not a big band in Canada. They are just one of those Canadian acts that got amplified by the CRTC. If you asked 100 Canadians to name a great Canadian Band The Hip would get the vast majority, then a bunch of other bands would split the rest getting a a few of votes each. Rush would would just be in that mix, they would be below Nickleback and Nickleback is generally hated. If you asked 100 Canadians that play music you would find way more Rush fans. Every conversation I have ever heard about Rush is never about how good it sounds or feels. It is always about how technically difficult or impressive it it is to actual be able to be able to play. Its never I love this song, its always it took me three weeks to just learn the intro, they are such amazing musicians. I know they are more popular in other places but I am surprised they are next for a music pin.

I’m a Rush fan, but I also love Billy Talent from Canada. Will have to see how this pin is before I commit to purchase.

#69 2 years ago

I didn't get into Rush until the 90's (Roll The Bones was my introduction) but I'm one of the minority of long time fans who's favorite song is actually a "later" Rush song.

Far Cry.

That one would be great on a pin.

#70 2 years ago

Definately will need a sub on this game , best drummer of all time , my opinion , Tom Sawyer rocked in my old Camaro with all EV speakers!

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackwolf:

I didn't get into Rush until the 90's (Roll The Bones was my introduction) but I'm one of the minority of long time fans who's favorite song is actually a "later" Rush song.

Far Cry.

I'm an old school RUSH fan, but I certainly agree that "Far Cry" would be a great addition. With Far Cry, Trees, 2112, and the like, they could make an interesting social commentary pin (not that they would or should) that would be reflective of Neil Peart's thoughtfulness. I'm hoping they make good use of the numerous melodic instrumentals that they've produced, at least as background between the big song selections.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Blah (resized).jpgBlah (resized).jpg
    #73 2 years ago

On the one hand, Rush has always been involved with humor. They made fun of themselves constantly. But all of them are/were perfectionists, the professor sadly, the bell tolled for thee.
    I was in high school a huge YES fan (Way later toured with Jon as a visual projectionist) and Rush was just a band I never listened to as it simply wasn't progressive enough for my tastes. Until, that day, on Rt 7 in Norwalk Ct on the car radio: "He's a radio receiver, tuned to factories and farms..." The hook.
    Rush is music made by 3 high school buddies, but it's also Neil who injected life philosophy into the message. Listen to "Losing It". Or better yet,

I hope that a pinball doesn't cheapen their message.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Every conversation I have ever heard about Rush is never about how good it sounds or feels. It is always about how technically difficult or impressive it it is to actual be able to be able to play. Its never I love this song, its always it took me three weeks to just learn the intro, they are such amazing musicians. I know they are more popular in other places but I am surprised they are next for a music pin.

Yeah, no one listens to Subdivisions because of how it sounds and feels. We get it, you don't like them. There's a lot of other bands for you to go dig.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackwolf:

Far Cry.

I love everything from Permanent Waves on, and love Counterparts. I can't get into the old stuff as much.

#76 2 years ago

You diehard Rush fans ever seen this guy? I am CONVINCED he's an alien. There is just no way there are many humans walking this earth than can do this....

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Yeah, no one listens to Subdivisions because of how it sounds and feels. We get it, you don't like them. There's a lot of other bands for you to go dig.

My two cents as one Canadian is in no way meant to represent everyone. To me they have always seemed like a niche band that resonates with musicians. I fully accept they are over my head. This whole thing that one must just agree with a thread or piss off is so odd. I don’t actually dislike them I just don’t dig them enough to listen to them on repeat for the amount of time I would play a new pin. Clearly with all this talk it seems like they are up next from Stern and people are excited, congrats.

P.S. The post above marvelling about the beyond human skill to play Rush. Who would have guessed.

#78 2 years ago

I'm a musician and I don't find rush very pleasurable, but I do respect their technical prowess.

Getty's voice is annoying. Pert was an excellent drummer if you like calculated playing. Danny Carey is by far the better drummer based on nuance and feel. Rush is so... Math.

For Rosh fans, I hope you get a great machine.

#79 2 years ago

*Geddy
    *Peart
    *Rush

…sigh.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

My two cents as one Canadian is in no way meant to represent everyone. To me they have always seemed like a niche band that resonates with musicians. I fully accept they are over my head. This whole thing that one must just agree with a thread or piss off is so odd. I don’t actually dislike them I just don’t dig them enough to listen to them on repeat for the amount of time I would play a new pin. Clearly with all this talk it seems like they are up next from Stern and people are excited, congrats.
    P.S. The post above marvelling about the beyond human skill to play Rush. Who would have guessed.

They are not a niche band. No niche band has toured as they have with as many large venues with such huge crowds as they at the very end of their career.

You don't dig them.

Fair enough, they defiantly are not for everybody.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Getty's voice is annoying.

I suspect that's one of the reasons they aged so well; losing the ability to hit that higher octave from the early years was a blessing, in many ways. Also, there are lots of singers with "crap" voices that just seem to work in the context of their music. I'd argue that the technical prowess was complemented by sound composition, and were not the indulgent exercises in playing skill that have hampered many other prog type bands. But it doesn't really matter. We like what we like. Ultimately, I just hope the pin is fun to play. And maybe that there is a really cool drum kit on the PF.

#82 2 years ago

They’re a niche band if you compare them to pop acts today. But music in the 70s was different. Chicago, Yes, Genesis, Steely Dan, early Journey, and many others were popular bands in the 70s that were hugely popular and didn’t stick to traditional pop/baroque song structures and were technically advanced musicians. There are lots others that followed them into the 80s. In their time Rush was extremely popular and have maintained a following, and managed to bring in younger and new fans. I’d imagine if Yes and Rush both played today, Rush would probably bring in more people than Yes.

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

This whole thing that one must just agree with a thread or piss off is so odd.

“Conform or be cast out.”
    -Subdivisions

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

*Geddy
    *Peart
    *Rush
    …sigh.

Internet corrections for a band I'm clearly not into.

... Sigh

#85 2 years ago

I will buy my first LE of a RUSH pin, and yes I am already on a “list”. That said would love to see Natural Science in the game, this song is so RUSH in all its indulgence glory and I love it!

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

I will buy my first LE of a RUSH pin, and yes I am already on a “list”. That said would love to see Natural Science in the game, this song is so RUSH in all its indulgence glory and I love it!

Damn, good call.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

Good call. Ignoring the radio hits, I always thought that Vital Signs or Afterimage (especially the instrumental break) were the premier Rush songs. Their synth era was incredible.

#88 2 years ago

I'm hoping it will have a Ricky and Bubbles mode...

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Quoted from shlt_thunder:

They’re a niche band if you compare them to pop acts today. But music in the 70s was different. Chicago, Yes, Genesis, Steely Dan, early Journey, and many others were popular bands in the 70s that were hugely popular and didn’t stick to traditional pop/baroque song structures and were technically advanced musicians. There are lots others that followed them into the 80s. In their time Rush was extremely popular and have maintained a following, and managed to bring in younger and new fans. I’d imagine if Yes and Rush both played today, Rush would probably bring in more people than Yes.

I would totally buy a Steely Dan LE with Peg multiball

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I’d imagine if Yes and Rush both played today, Rush would probably bring in more people than Yes.

But its Yes… no bashing on Yes. I can’t abide.

#91 2 years ago

I hope Getty knows what he's in for, as an avid obsessive collector starting with baseball memorabilia, then bass guitars, oh boy...here goes...

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from Seamlesswall:

I hope Getty knows what he's in for, as an avid obsessive collector starting with baseball memorabilia, then bass guitars, oh boy...here goes...

It is Geddy, you hoser.

#95 2 years ago

Over the years Rush has slowly been brought into some movies and shows. Its always awesome to see it happen. A Rush pin would be the icing on the cake.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

It is Geddy, you hoser.

Take off, eh?

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from epeabs:

Over the years Rush has slowly been brought into some movies and shows. Its always awesome to see it happen. A Rush pin would be the icing on the cake.

Randomly saw this yesterday. I teared up seeing Neil. He looks and talks EXACTLY like my dad, so it’s always a lightning bolt when I see these videos. Luckily, it’s also hilarious

#98 2 years ago

Anyone else see Kaneda is predicting this game as a December boutique release and Jack Danger on the design!?

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from MooButt:

Anyone else see Kaneda is predicting this game as a December boutique release and Jack Danger on the design!?

I’m going to call that as wrong. Let’s see who wins.

It’ll be Borg & full/new design.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m going to call that as wrong. Let’s see who wins.
    It’ll be Borg & full/new design.

That’s my bet and hope.

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-love-to-see-a-rush-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.