Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by epeabs
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211112-143720_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20211029_213217 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-202215_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-202131_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210820_091036 (resized).jpg
    8180E8C3-B199-44ED-9FFC-3783935F379A (resized).jpeg
    2E46EA8A-2D59-4C4C-BE23-BFB5FEFF1704 (resized).jpeg
    R-1523557-1225938305.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Blah (resized).jpg
    image0 (resized).jpeg
    rush (resized).jpg
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 11 years ago

I know there is a "one off" RUSH pin that has been posted around this site. But I would love to see a full blown RUSH pin come out (preferably covering earlier material "but I have to say that I am old school RUSH weighted"). I would be happy to see a RUSH pin in general regardless of material. This incredible band which has finally been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (way too late! IMHO) deserves this honor!!

#2 11 years ago

Rush was always too good in terms of their ability that not many people ever truly appreciated their ability. Rush would be a good pin for the collector that knows their music, but a bad choice for the general public as the public's music is touch and go depending on what's popular at the moment.

#3 11 years ago

I keep hoping Rush will be chosen to play the Super Bowl halftime show. Maybe they'll pick them for when the Super Bowl is in New Jersey, since Canadian band, cold weather, etc.

#4 11 years ago

I would put the cash up for a Rush pin without even seeing a picture.

#5 11 years ago

I am a big Rush fan. And I think the songs have a lot of potential to be a good theme. But there is one problem. I can't see that this game would sell big. For example, Rush is not big here in europe. You can't get a hype like with AC/DC , Metallica, Queen, The Beatles......

Rush is to far away from mainstream.

But I will get tickets for next year when they play here in germany.^^

#7 11 years ago

I once went to a Rush concert and saw a girl in the audience.

#8 11 years ago

I saw a lot more girls when I saw them in September in NH.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Double check that... Only way to know for sure is to see the face.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Double check that... Only way to know for sure is to see the face.

I looked for an Adams' Apple and she was smooth.

I know, no one believes me.

Back then my cellphone did not take pictures, so I have no actual proof - but I swear it was a girl.

#11 11 years ago

Saw them in Atlanta 2 months ago and there were plenty of hot MILFs. They just aren't as diseased as those at a Motley Crue show.

#12 11 years ago

rush rule plenty of females when i saw them at the garden last year

#13 11 years ago

would be much better than washed up metallica ! i dread to have to the look at the current pictures of lars and james on a bg .

#14 11 years ago

Good luck trying to dance to By-Tor and the Snow Dog.

#15 11 years ago

A RUSH pin would indeed be awesome! Seen them twice in the past few years-- they are still amazing! 3 guys with enough talent to create 10 bands. Best drummer ever, period. Would a RUSH pin sell like hot cakes? probably not. But its fun the think about!

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Too funny. Geddy wearing spandex pants on stage was one of the worst sights I've ever witnessed.

#17 11 years ago

Come on Stern, skip Metallica and do a Rush pin!!

#18 11 years ago

Bah, Limbaugh is over rated.

#19 11 years ago

I wasn't into Rush back in the day , but have learnt to really appreciate the great music they created. Hearing a lot of people say how great they were, I gave them a chance, now I get it. I have never bought a NIB but Rush would be high on the list.

#20 11 years ago

I would rather have a Rush Limbaugh machine!

#21 11 years ago

I believe this machine is being picked up today from Dave Astill who owns both Rush pins ever made. It's a big vendor we all buy from so hopefully they will chime in this thread

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I've been to multiple Rush shows with my girl, who's a bigger Rush fan than I am.

#23 11 years ago

I'd buy one the second it was announced!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

WoW! Your first experience seeing a girl. Tell us more Vid.

#25 11 years ago

I think the steampunk theme of their Clockwork Angels album would translate well into a pin. The pin could borrow elements from the story.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

a dude with long hair doesn't count

8 years later
    #27 2 years ago

Thread resurrected! Let the speculation continue, and this time I think we have a shot!

#28 2 years ago

In case you didn't catch it, given his record, it's more than a shot.

Quoted from mnpinball:

2021 predictions.
    Stern: ... the dream team John Borg Lyman Sheats on Rush.

Maybe it's code though, I could go for this 'Rush'...

rush (resized).jpgrush (resized).jpg

#29 2 years ago

Wow. Totally forgot I had started this thread 8 years ago when I was a Newbie. I still would love to see a RUSH pin, especially when we will now never see "The Professor" on the drum kit live again. How about JJP or Spooky do one.

#30 2 years ago

Im in. Hopefully they do something cool with the drums and have a killer sound system.

#31 2 years ago

YYZ MULTIBALL!!!!

#32 2 years ago

Hemispheres Wizard mode where you fly the Rocinante through the galaxy!

#34 2 years ago

I have to admit, I haven’t listened to my Rush albums since high school. I need to pull them out and give them a spin. I did see them in concert about 5 years ago, and it was great.

#35 2 years ago

Wasn’t a real fan, but wore out Subdivisions on my Signals album in my Jr. High days.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Wasn’t a real fan, but wore out Subdivisions on my Signals album in my Jr. High days.

That was my favorite album too.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

That was my favorite album too.

Don’t think I’ve listened to it in literally decades. My LP is long gone, but definitely putting the album on my playlist tomorrow.

#38 2 years ago

i heard a rumour

#39 2 years ago

The rumor is out there, will it come to pass? I really hope so....

Are we looking at possibly next fall?

2 months later
    #40 2 years ago

outside of the obvious..... (Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Subdivisions, Limelight, etc....) What songs would you like to see in it that arent "publicly popular"?

I would like....

The Big Money
    Animate
    Force Ten
    Roll The bones
    The Main Monkey Business

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

Roll The bones

I am a huge fan and really hope this machine gets made, but there are a lot of their songs that I like that also don’t feel like good pinball playing music to me. Songs that if given the option on a pinball game, I would skip over and play something else instead.

The thing is, at least so far, Stern only ever puts in like 10 songs… I wonder who makes the final call on which ones? The band, their management, Stern (probably not)?

I am gonna have to think a bit about which ones I would want though… I always listen to the entire albums now, so separating them into ‘singles’ off the top of my head is tough.

#42 2 years ago

Wow - that is actually much harder an exercise than I thought it would be. While I came up with a couple (and softened my previous stance in Roll The Bones… that actually could work for me)… prog music is not easy to imagine in this format on a song by song basis when you are pushing it into the idea of the game being built around it (instead of just playing in the background). Maybe the changing time signatures, or ?

Anyway a couple that felt like workable songs to me:

Vital Signs (Moving Pictures)
    Superconductor (Presto)
    Malignant Narcissism (Snakes & Arrows)

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

outside of the obvious..... (Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Subdivisions, Limelight, etc....) What songs would you like to see in it that arent "publicly popular"?
    I would like....
    The Big Money
    Animate
    Force Ten
    Roll The bones
    The Main Monkey Business

Red Barchetta...although the beginning isn't really pinball-friendly.

#44 2 years ago

It would blow my mind to see a Rush pin inspired by the song "Cygnus X-1" and themed ala Black Hole...would be amazingly awesome...just like this:

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

I would like....
    The Big Money
    Animate
    Force Ten
    Roll The bones
    The Main Monkey Business

Entre Nous
    Cygnus X1
    The Trees
    La Villa Stragiato
    A Passage to Bangkok

#46 2 years ago

If it happens and it’s Stern 10-12 songs tops, right? I bet you can bank on:

1. Tom Sawyer
    2. YYZ
    3. Spirit of the Radio
    4. Temples of Syrinx(some kind of an edit that includes the overture?)
    5. Limelight
    6. Freewill
    7. Working Man

I’d like to see some of these as well:

8. Between the Wheels(Grace Under Pressure)
    9. Big Money
    10. Force Ten
    11. Vital Signs
    12. Show Don’t Tell(Presto)

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from BeeGee6533:

If it happens and it’s Stern

It is and it is. And don't ask me how I know.

#49 2 years ago

In its' entirety.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

In its' entirety.

In a perfect world for me there would be an option for every album in its entirety.

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-love-to-see-a-rush-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.