(Topic ID: 248261)

Would like to hear from Beatles owners....

By 82Trooper

78 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by DrJoe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dung_animals_01 (resized).jpg

#1 78 days ago

if you have owned the game for while, do you like it? I am considering buying one for my daughter (big Beatles fan) ....but I am undecided.
Is it fun? Do you get "tired" of it? I read comments that the game play is not "deep" and that there is "not much to do" (no ramps, etc.).
I played several games at Helicon Brewing in Pittsburgh recently, and liked it. Part of the appeal was simplistic, EM style layout. No ramps, no weird "toys", game play simple and easy to grasp....likely to be popular with kids or novice players. But in my opinion it had good music, an appealing art package and was just "fun" to play.
My reference being, I own a Target Alpha and a Sky Jump. These game are relatively simple, but I enjoy playing them, even after several years.
Can I get some thoughts from others who own this game?
Thanks for your input.
Mike

#2 78 days ago

Mike,

If you appreciate the appeal of a simpler time in pinball, then Beatles is a great pick up. I think the hang ups are mostly centered around the value proposition of the game. They are asking a lot for what many people feel is a questionable feature set. Seawitch had some issues. Those are addressed and improved upon really well in this game.

I love early solid states. This is a version of that on steroids. I asked a big pinhead I respect one day, who is a little bit anti-stern and averse to their style of games, if he had to buy one, which would he buy. It was Beatles. This is a guy in his mid 30's, who wasn't even around for the original band and its cult following. He said he will get one eventually. That says a lot given his usual anti stern leanings.

Their music is timeless. The machine it is based on is timeless. The price is... questionable. If you can find one for a price you can stomach, buy it. You, and your daughter, imo, will love the game for a long time. I love ours.

#3 78 days ago

Well I've had Andre the Dung Beatle for almost a year now and he makes a great companion. a little smelly but.........Oh the pin. I actually liked it way more than I thought and I am a beatles fan just more so the ladder material the mop top days aren't my bag. I would like to see Stern remake some more of these classics without the re-theme. A new Quicksilver or Stargazer with updated sound and visuals would be amazing. If ur a Beatles maniac then u will enjoy the game. Good luck sir.

dung_animals_01 (resized).jpg
#4 78 days ago

We have one and we like it a lot. My wife is a big Beatles fan, which was the main reason we got it.

The game has short ball times, so I don’t know why people complain about depth. The game is super fun and we play it regularly. It’s probably not great as a single game but works really well in a collection of three or more.

It’s got some great shots like looping the orbits or hitting the super jackpot.

#5 78 days ago

I really enjoy it I think it's a fun game and I am a big Beatles fan as well. This is one game though I held off on buying as I don't think the prices will hold on it and two locations near me have it available for play. I am good player so the rules for me do seem a bit shallow but they match the style of game. If you are not that skilled of a player i think the rule set of the game and stuff would keep your interest.

#6 78 days ago

It’s way fast, fun, and very approachable for casual players. I’ve never played just one game at a time as the game is fast and I’m not very good so “ one more game” happens often. There was concern that one would grow tired of the music, but being a Beatle fan, that hasn’t been an issue. I agree that it fits well in a multi game collection. I wouldn’t compare it to an EM as I have two( Atlantis/ KOD). It’s too fast, bright , flashy and lively for that comparison. Admittedly, it gets played less than BM66 and at the NIB price I paid , it bothers me a bit but it’s pretty iconic for a Beatles fan to own so ultimately I’m cool with it.

#7 77 days ago

Thanks everyone for the input...I appreciate it!

#8 77 days ago

I think the Beatles is a solid title. Stern took one of their best "classic" layouts, Seawitch, and improved upon it. Great theme, solid rules, reliable machine. I say go for it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside