Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jeremecium
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sterns_-_Passion.jpg
    16602288-16602291-large[1].jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

With Skit B positioning itself as adult themed pin maker, would love to see a Tarantino themed pin. All his movies are pretty gory so that seems to be a good fit. Plus I'll bet they would be interested to work with them on licensing prices.

Top two themes would be pulp fiction and kill bill. Both are cult favorites, although pulp fiction would be my first choice because there are tons of good quotes. Who do I talk with to make this happen? This last question is somewhat in jest but I can dream right?

The one other theme that would be a must buy is Big Lebowski. Obviously that is not Tarantino and if Stern did it I would have to see it first, but ..someone else please...

#2 11 years ago

*cough cough* Tarantino *cough cough*

One thing to consider is the music...the music is a HUGE part in all of his movies...and to license all those songs for a pin would be $$$$$$$

#3 11 years ago

Not going to happen to niche, expect a Big Lebowski around the same time you see a Django Unchained pinball. I could just imagine the call outs on that one.

Oh and show the man some respect and edit your title. One of the best writers on the planet.

#4 11 years ago

Over Rated garbage to me. But if anyone is going to embrace something and actually get into the process of the pin being made it's probably him. But you know...he's got a lot of "energy."

#5 11 years ago

I was thinking about joke-posting "Stern! Make a Django Unchained pin! C'mon!" about 10 min before I saw this thread

#6 11 years ago

Never cared for Tarantino personally. He impresses me as a tough guy, outlaw wannabe who indulges this fantasy in his films. I guess art can be a venue for an alter ego, and he certainly has had the last laugh on everyone who picked on him in the past.

I haven't seen all his films but have seen several. I think his best was Jackie Brown. Not too much gratuitous nonsense.

I think if he ever decided to give up the fantasy street life routine, he would end up being a really important director/producer.

Dan

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Over Rated garbage to me. But if anyone is going to embrace something and actually get into the process of the pin being made it's probably him. But you know...he's got a lot of "energy."

So I take it your not big on dialogue in film. I know his go over the head of some. Stick to action flicks maybe.

Pulp Fiction may be the best movie of my lifetime besides Goodfellas but hey just my opinion.

#8 11 years ago

I agree a Tarantino would be epic!! One of the best if not the best Director of his generation bring it on!

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

I think if he ever decided to give up the fantasy street life routine, he would end up being a really important director/producer.

ROTFL!!! I'm sure he'd be THRILLED to read that...oh, one day...if he keeps trying...LOL

End up!?!?! He already IS! Multiple Academy Awards (and other awards)...he writes/directs his own movies...he's written other highly acclaimed movies. Pulp Fiction was one of the most influential movies of a generation. His body of work speaks for itself. Not everything of his has personally connected with me...but the following are my favs:

Reservoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction
    Inglorious Basterds
    Django Unchained
    Four Rooms
    From Dusk Til Dawn

#10 11 years ago

overrated. He's made a couple good films and lived off ripping off foreign films and his own movies since.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

So I take it your not big on dialogue in film. I know his go over the head of some. Stick to action flicks maybe.
    Pulp Fiction may be the best movie of my lifetime besides Goodfellas but hey just my opinion.

haha...yep right over my head. He invented dialog in film right? No one was doing it before him.
    We all know difference of opinion on pinball machines isn't allowed so god forbid a difference in such a non-subjective thing as film. He's a much better writer than Director; he can't help himself.
    Take out the 1/3 of pulp fiction with pointless Bruce Willis part and it would be a solid flick.

#12 11 years ago

Not even.

#13 11 years ago

Who is Terentino?

You can say what you want about Tarantino, but the man made Pulp Fiction.

Pulp Fiction

Tarantino is one of the rare big name, popular artists that is allowed to make a product that *HE* would want to watch and doesn't have to bend to a marketing department's whims. Pulp Fiction bought him a lifetime of that privilege. His curse is that Pulp Fiction is a tough film to top and being only his second film, everything afterwards is invariably compared to it.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

haha...yep right over my head. He invented dialog in film right? No one was doing it before him.
    We all know difference of opinion on pinball machines isn't allowed so god forbid a difference in such a non-subjective thing as film. He's a much better writer than Director; he can't help himself.
    Take out the 1/3 of pulp fiction with pointless Bruce Willis part and it would be a solid flick.

What was wrong with the Bruce Willis part? I enjoy that story and dig how it ties into other characters' stories as well. Now that I'm going back to think about it...I love every second of Bruce's story....his cute French girlfriend, his father's watch, the taxi driver, the showdown with Marcellus, getting GIMPED, the weapon chosing scene, saving Marcellus with a samurai sword, and finally the truce (gonna get medieval on his ass!)....gah I wanna f*cking watch it again now.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

ROTFL!!! I'm sure he'd be THRILLED to read that...oh, one day...if he keeps trying...LOL
    End up!?!?! He already IS! Multiple Academy Awards (and other awards)...he writes/directs his own movies...he's written other highly acclaimed movies. Pulp Fiction was one of the most influential movies of a generation. His body of work speaks for itself. Not everything of his has personally connected with me...but the following are my favs:
    Reservoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction
    Inglorious Basterds
    Django Unchained
    Four Rooms
    From Dusk Til Dawn

No Kill Bill huh?

PF is in my top 3 films of all time.

Inglorious Basterds was superb. Still haven't seen Django. Wasn't surprised to see Tarantino winning the Oscar for screenplay even without seeing the film.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

No Kill Bill huh?

It's actually on my DVR because I want to watch KB 1&2 back to back one day. I haven't seen them since the theater. I really liked the 1st part, but hated the 2nd....but I know he shot it as one movie - so I figure the experience might be different if I just make a day out of it and watch both in one go.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Who is Terentino?
    would want to watch and doesn't have to bend to a marketing department's whims. Pulp Fiction bought him a lifetime of that privilege.

Well to a point I agree but everyone in Hollyweird has to answer to the man. They made him cut Kill Bill into 2 pieces.

Quoted from Rarehero:

What was wrong with the Bruce Willis part?, his father's watch,...

I just think it's overly drawn out for no reason. I get it lady...you wanna pot belly, i don;t need to hear aboot it for 10 minutes. Parts like the watch part are classic no doubt though.

He's got a ton of good ideas. And the ending of that movie is rightfully awesome, and i watch that part everytime I catch it on TV. Give me Resivoir Dogs every day over Pulp. Hell True Romance 3X over Pulp.

#18 11 years ago

Let's not forget about True Romance. Even though it was directed by Tony Scott (may he RIP), it is very much a quintessential Tarantino film.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

but the following are my favs:
    Reservoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction
    Inglorious Basterds
    Django Unchained
    Four Rooms
    From Dusk Til Dawn

While most of these are great movies including Kill Bill, the only ones I think that would translate into good pin themes are PF and KB. Inglorious Basterds has good dialog but would prove too racist. Django is an incredibly important film about slavery. It really touched me in spite of the mega-violence.

PS - edited title to spell name correctly.

#20 11 years ago

Pulp Fiction could be an epic pin.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

overrated. He's made a couple good films and lived off ripping off foreign films and his own movies since.

Very true.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Reservoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction
    Inglorious Basterds
    Django Unchained
    Four Rooms
    From Dusk Til Dawn

He is doing fine without my appreciation for sure. When I say end up, I mean not that he does not enjoy all you say now, but that his body of work I hope turns back to the kind of character depth he displayed in Jackie Brown, and which I have not seen in any of his stuff since, although I haven't seen it all. I'd like to see him apply his talents to similar efforts rather than the darker superficial stuff he does. I think it is easier to do outlandish razor edged characters in a Pulp Fiction than capture and portray the internal subtleties working within real people in realistic situations. Maybe he cannot relate. I doubt he can.

I just don't think regardless of his contemporay success that he has ever matured, and if he does, what he will produce will be more substantial that the comic book content embraced by the generation you mention, whatever that is.

He appeals to the masses, which isn't necessarily a good thing. Sad when ultra-violence has such a dedicated following. Then scratch your head at the next school shooting.

I go back to my original comment. Irrespective of his commercial "success," he is a wannabe living vicariously through his characters who contributes nothing useful through his "art." Just a sad commentary of our times that he would be so admired.

Dan

#23 11 years ago

I just remember the line from The Blues Brothers; "Mrs Toronto? Tarantino".

#24 11 years ago

Holy sh*t I get tired of people criticizing Tarantino for "ripping off foreign films". Nobody has given more credit to the films that inspired Tarantino than Tarantino himself. It is no secret, he is completely open about it. He talks about how those films had a huge influence on him all the time. He talks about how he got the idea for a certain scene in one of his films from a certain movie. So what. Truth is that the majority of films are derivative of others to one degree or another.

#25 11 years ago

Die Hard

#26 11 years ago

now hellraiser, there's a movie that would make a great pinball machine. Open the box toy and your balls grabbed by a magnet and dropped to a lower cenobite realm play field. Could make that into a classic horror pin

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

One thing to consider is the music...the music is a HUGE part in all of his movies.

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I seen the title to this thread. I love the sound tracks to his movies.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Could make that into a classic horror pin

I always thought so too. I think the box would make a great bash toy.

#29 11 years ago

two words... salma hayek

16602288-16602291-large[1].jpg16602288-16602291-large[1].jpg

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Holy sh*t I get tired of people criticizing Tarantino for "ripping off foreign films". Nobody has given more credit to the films that inspired Tarantino than Tarantino himself. It is no secret, he is completely open about it. He talks about how those films had a huge influence on him all the time. He talks about how he got the idea for a certain scene in one of his films from a certain movie. So what. Truth is that the majority of films are derivative of others to one degree or another.

Simply not true.

http://vimeo.com/5409572

One thing I think we can thank him for is all these crappy re-makes Hollywood has been dishing out. I'm pretty sure he started the movement with Reservoir Dogs.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Let's not forget about True Romance. Even though it was directed by Tony Scott (may he RIP), it is very much a quintessential Tarantino film.

In my top ten movies, Christian Slaters best film by far. Amazing cameo by Brad Pitt and Christopher Walken, truly bad, bad guys.

Good call gweem. Really tough to try and sell someone on the fact that Tarantino is a movie god but after watching all the same crap we see lately seeing a movie like DJANGO everyone once in a while is truly a pleasure. I dont care what Tarantino makes next I will be there supporting his art.

Any guy who changes history in movies to kill Hitler in a gruesome way is OK in my book.

#32 11 years ago

One of my favorites of Tarantino is a movie he wrote but didnt direct, True Romance. He just sold the script to fund one of his movies. Love the dialogue and love Dennis Hopper and Gary Oldman in it

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from DEVILinIRON:

Simply not true.
    » Vimeo video
    » YouTube video
    One thing I think we can thank him for is all these crappy re-makes Hollywood has been dishing out. I'm pretty sure he started the movement with Reservoir Dogs.

#34 11 years ago

I love some of his films, others it just feels like hes trying to hard.

#35 11 years ago

The reality is The Big Lebowski would crush all pins ever made.

#36 11 years ago

Arggg, you guys talk about Tarantino films but you are missing his very best work of all time:

DEATH PROOF

That would be like talking about Led Zeppelin and only discussing Coda and Presence.

Make sure you watch the real Death Proof, the 113 min version. THEN we can talk Tarantino.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Arggg, you guys talk about Tarantino films but you are missing his very best work of all time:
    DEATH PROOF
    That would be like talking about Led Zeppelin and only discussing Coda and Presence.
    Make sure you watch the real Death Proof, the 113 min version. THEN we can talk Tarantino.

I'm pretty sure that even Tarantino said he wasn't so proud of Death Proof.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'm pretty sure that even Tarantino said he wasn't so proud of Death Proof.

That was the short version from Grindhouse.

The full length feature is his crowning glory. I guess it is the prequel to Kill Bill, because you even get Jasper selling the car.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I love the sound tracks to his movies ...

He has an unbelievable knack for choosing the perfect music for the right moment in a film. For example, in Django he used Jim Croce's "I Got a Name" in one scene. I never in a million years would have picked that song for that movie, and yet it somehow fit perfectly.

There is a scene in the first Kill Bill where O-Ren and her henchmen are first entering the nightclub. The way the scene is shot in slow motion combined with that super cool music gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. Nobody is as good at stuff like that as Quentin. The guy is a fu**ing master at his craft.

#40 11 years ago

Damn Gweem now I want to watch Kill Bill, and agree on the music choices in his film are so spot on.

#41 11 years ago

So much for giving credit where credit is due.

#42 11 years ago

I'd still like to see the "Passion" made

Sterns_-_Passion.jpgSterns_-_Passion.jpg

#43 11 years ago

You could get two pins for Kill Bill, both suck by themself, but you cut half the shit out put them together and get one decent pin. $14,000 for a decent not outstanding pin, who's in?

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Game wouldn't earn well. The more you thought you achieved on the game, the more it challenged you. The more you fail, the quicker you come to "faith," afterwhich the ball would never drain.

Dan

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

The reality is The Big Lebowski would crush all pins ever made.

I don't know if it would crush(TAF 20K units), but it would be on my must have list.

#46 11 years ago

I'd be in all the way if they came out with...

The Big Lebowski
    Blade Runner
    Road Warrior(s)
    Alien(s)
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Resevour Dogs

#47 11 years ago

Okay maybe not 20k units, but if they sold half that at todays pricing? I wouldn't hesitate to spend 10k on one.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

DEATH PROOF

Not sure if I would say it is his best, but it is surely wonderful and it has Kurt Russell.

Quoted from hAbO:

I heard this was supposed to be in process and Mr. Jesus himself was going to do the call-outs, but he couldn't find the time as he was a little hung up.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I don't know if it would crush(TAF 20K units), but it would be on my must have list.

If anyone does make a Big Lebowski game - hire Fred Tatasciore to do custom voices. He does Clu/Flynn in the Tron Uprising animated series...pretty much a perfect Jeff Bridges impersonation.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Long ball times. Way too long. Looooooong.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-like-a-terntino-pin-from-skitb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.