(Topic ID: 114851)

would GLOW be more popular than Wrestlemania?

By zizzlemeplease

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Miguel351
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“should STERN change up a game-plan a little?”

• NO, just make the Wrestlemania oily boys machines. 6 votes
      43%
    • YES, make a GLOW version as an option we'd like to see or own. 3 votes
      21%
    • YES, scrap Wrestlemania completely and just build GLOW machines instead. 2 votes
      14%
    • I really couldn't care less about anything STERN does. 3 votes
      21%

(14 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Mt_Fiji.jpg

#1 4 years ago

seeing STERN building Wrestlemania (aka "the oily boys" lmao) it has me wondering.

I can understand its appeal for attracting a younger group to try playing,
    but wouldn't "Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling" accomplish the same thing and maybe better?
    having seen comments by people (yeah guys, go figger right?) that they wouldn't want to own an "oily boys" machine, what if it were dressed up GLOW style instead?

some different artwork and callouts might be all it'd need.

#2 4 years ago

i certainly look at it more, exp if it had hollywood and vine all over it. but i still wouldnt buy either one.

#3 4 years ago

WWE is one of the great licenses you can acquire. It has millions of viewers that have decades of history of spending money.

The theme will sell just fine; Pinsiders may not like it but few companies self promote as well to their audience as WWE does.

#4 4 years ago

no doubt TigerLaw, WWE is really huge, watched it a lot. I just have an idea the same machine dressed a little differently might help attract even more sales if offered as a buyer option.

#5 4 years ago

So you'd rather have a Mt. Fiji LE is what you're saying...

Mt_Fiji.jpg

#6 4 years ago

lol I missed Mt Fiji, no clue when she wrestled, wouldnt really consider her GLOW category either

#7 4 years ago

Oh FOR SURE. Hollywood & Vine were the shiz

#8 4 years ago

For eye candy. Sports with women is more appealing

But in generally I rather watch sports with men just because it's a higher tempo/pace with bigger hits, plays and moves

With that being said. Sports that dont involve heavy action I would rather watch it involving women. Golf and curling come to mind

And exception would be tennis. Women's tennis is where it's at

For wrestling. Mens wrestling is more appealing however women managers or sidekicks are great.

For art cab. I think a mix is best

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballophobe:

....Golf and curling come to mind

When the winter olympics are going, my number one sport to watch is women's curling. I love watching curling in general(fascinated by it since we down really have it down here in the states), but man, there are a serious number of super cute females that throw the rock! Plus, all the strategy involved typically means the girls are smart, too. That what really does it for me, a smart girl who excels at a sport or some kind of technical or artistic thing is just friggin' awesome.

I particularly liked Eve Muirhead. I'd be happy just to listen to her read the phone book. Smart, accomplished, funny, cute, awesome.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

WWE is one of the great licenses you can acquire. It has millions of viewers that have decades of history of spending money.

You can say the exact same thing about Mustang. That's what most of us car guys were trying to tell everyone about Mustang when it came out. Pinsider's don't always get it right away, but Stern knows the market they're trying to reach. And lo and behold, once people played Mustang, a lot of them were surprised at how much fun it is!

And to answer the OP's original question, no. Nobody out there at the bowling alleys, movie theaters, or just about any other place with people under 30 whom operators want to drop their money into their pins remembers, or even knows, what GLOW was. Hell, half of them don't even know who Paul McCartney is....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 169.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 15.95
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 18.95
    $ 16.00
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 10.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 29.95
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 224.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 14.00
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside