(Topic ID: 103118)

Would Data East Back to the Future Vault Edition come out Oct 21st 2015 ?

By mrclean

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ahdelarge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy a BTTF VE Oct. 21st 2015?”

• TAKE MY MONEY!!! 19 votes
    17%
  • Yes if they revamped it 42 votes
    39%
  • Not interested. 29 votes
    27%
  • Not unless it comes with a DeLoreon, plutonium, & a flux capacitor 19 votes
    17%

(109 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KZYERVJ_(resized).jpg
images_(resized).jpg
390797_234793399918285_1847689908_n_(resized).jpg
13000101.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Wow, that's awesome!
Strange comment from Stern....they've made a new Simpsons game in the past....a new Playboy.....and a new Indiana Jones....a new Star Wars...maybe someone else beat them to the license or other license issues?
I'm looking for a DE Back to the Future (even a non-working project will do), but I'm not paying over $3k for one.

I agree a new one would be awesome There was on e near you a few weeks ago that was on Gumtree for 2k ...

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I agree a new one would be awesome There was on e near you a few weeks ago that was on Gumtree for 2k ...

Really? I saw the one on Gumtree in Adelaide for $2k, but that is around 13 hours from where I am. I didn't bother enquiring as another forum member really wanted it, but he missed out anyway.

#53 8 years ago

There was one near you but only lasted a few hours . A mate if mine grabbed it and glad to see none of the morons from idiot arcade forum got thier mits on it...

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

There was one near you but only lasted a few hours . A mate if mine grabbed it and glad to see none of the morons from idiot arcade forum got thier mits on it...

Wow, do you know which town near me?

5 months later
#55 7 years ago

Reposted this here since its topic is about a BTTF remake/ Vault Edition

BTTF could be a vault edition right... DE to Stern remake, update refresh..

and they could actually get the rights to the image (hand drawn) of Michael J Fox, do some awesome audio /led lighting (& lighting) DMD -LCD effects. Tons of great sounds and catchphrases. It is universally loved. Gary, make like a tree and get outta here.

Have someone do a whole new layout. Maybe just go with a Color DMD. Great pin to introduce it. Something like Big Lebowski's

Why not have multiple versions of the BTTF:VE

1985 themed BTTF:VE Pro solid toys (Clocktower w/El wire lighting and DeLorean that moves)

1885 themed BTTF:VE Premium turn up the 1800's steampunk tones of the third film. The cab theme can resemble the Locomotive Time Machine. Change the clocktower to one from the third raw wood style. DeLorean on train wheels with the hood time circuit vacuum tube box.

2015 themed BTTF:VE LE theme the cab like a Flying Delorean, reflective metallic clear coated sides that resemble brushed aluminum of a DeLorean. Mr. Fusion Topper that lights up. Lower level playfield with movie realistic Flux Capacitor. Texaco Ramp and maybe use the
3m Vikuiti Playfiled Glass idea... Cheap very small projector..
Vikuiti info here:

#56 7 years ago

If it's going to be a Data East VE, Robocop makes more sense.

images_(resized).jpgimages_(resized).jpg

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it's going to be a Data East VE, Robocop makes more sense.

No it doesn't make any sense. The Robocop re-make movie was average and this is the Back to the Future thread.

#58 7 years ago

I think he means because the layout for the pin is... Not great, to put it mildly.

I'm a HUGE BTTF fan. I have NO interest in the DE pin because the game play just isn't there to me. A VE of a game that doesn't play well is just silly.

A new pin... Hmmm...

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

No it doesn't make any sense. The Robocop re-make movie was average and this is the Back to the Future thread.

KZYERVJ_(resized).jpgKZYERVJ_(resized).jpg

#61 7 years ago

LOL!!!! Love it.

3 weeks later
#62 7 years ago

The Batman SLE application form mentions suggestions of future titles. I hope you SLE applicants are putting Back to the Future down.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

The Batman SLE application form mentions suggestions of future titles. I hope you SLE applicants are putting Back to the Future down.

Stern wont.. they have already said been there done that. ...

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I hope you SLE applicants are putting Back to the Future down.

I don't.. I would never afford it

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stern wont.. they have already said been there done that. ...

And there's already 4 Star Wars pins out there and Stern are still making another one. An updated Back to the Future is a no brainer. Milk that nostalgia for all its worth. Look how rabid people were for Ghostbusters.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

And there's already 4 Star Wars pins out there and Stern are still making another one. An updated Back to the Future is a no brainer. Milk that nostalgia for all its worth. Look how rabid people were for Ghostbusters.

Sure but they would have done it for the 30th anniversary last year but they didnt...
It wont happen as the license is tied up. ..
Was at the Stern factory and was told this they have have no plans now or in the future.
I own 2 original bttf pinballs and both signed by the cast ....ones new in box and the other we use ...
Still a fun game but nothing like the new Sterns made now. .

'Aussie arcade sucks. ...' thats the problem with arcade collecting these days

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Sure but they would have done it for the 30th anniversary last year but they didnt...
It wont happen as the license is tied up. ..
Was at the Stern factory and was told this they have have no plans now or in the future.
I own 2 original bttf pinballs and both signed by the cast ....ones new in box and the other we use ...
Still a fun game but nothing like the new Sterns made now. .
'Aussie arcade sucks. ...' thats the problem with arcade collecting these days

I've also been to the Stern factory and remember Gary saying no new KISS pin. We know how that played out. The license being tied up is interesting though. Someone mentioned Dutch Pinball may have the license. I still live in hope for an updated game.

7 months later
#68 6 years ago

Keeping the dream alive....any new information?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-data-east-back-to-the-future-vault-edition-come-out-oct-21st-2015/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.