Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Nobrain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

In everyones opinion would Cactus Canyon be in the top ten if more were produced and more people had the chance to rate it?

#2 13 years ago

Possibly, I really like the usage of the Bad Guy drop targets, and the art and western theme is pretty cool.

The thing that might still hold it back is the programming, which may have been cut short along with production. However, if we are speculating that more were produced, it would be very likely that the programming would have been further developed and the game's ruleset would be deeper. So if more were made and it also had a deeper ruleset I could see it being top 10. Well, for me at least.

Jeff R.

#3 13 years ago

I think it's a great game as it is, and I could easily see it being in my top ten if the software was complete.

#4 13 years ago

I would say yes, it could be. More machines means more people owning a game which often leads to higher scores. That's logical: a game you own plays better than any beat up arcade pin and thus gets better ratings.

But I would also say that Cactus Canyon is just not top 10 material. Main problem: the software was never finished. The layout is great and the bad guy drop targets are fun to shoot at but the software is just not in the same league as a game like Medieval Madness. The game gets boring rather quickly.

#5 13 years ago

I was not overly impressed with it and don't think it would be in the top 10 no matter how many were produced. I only got to play it a few times so maybe my opinion would change with more plays.

#6 13 years ago

It is clearly a nice game and the more I play it the more I like it but maybe not a top 10 game in my opinion. The competition is hot at the top!

#7 13 years ago

IMO I really think is an average to good pin overall. There are probably 20 to 25 pins I would consider befor Catus Canyon.

#8 13 years ago

The low production #'s is the biggest thing CC has going for it. Had it had a 2500-3k production run I dont think you would see this game in the top 20.

#9 13 years ago

Top 10 game for sure great western theme.

2 years later
#10 10 years ago

Hello

with "continued" for sure !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-cactus-canyon-be-in-the-top-10-if-more-were-made and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.