(Topic ID: 98605)

Would any previous Tron owners re-buy a Tron Vault Edition?

By Jeekayjay

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TOPIC POLL”

• Yes! I got rid of mine but I'd buy a VE. 38 votes
    31%
  • Nope. I got rid of mine and never looked back. 39 votes
    32%
  • I never had Tron, but I want a Vault Edition! 46 votes
    37%

(123 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sinbad (resized).jpg
gem_and_quorra_tron_legacy_18092992_900_881_by_rene_l-d5trk5t.jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

I did not care for my TRON pro. If they build a VE/Premium version, might be too hard to resist.

#52 5 years ago

nope, tried to like it, just couldn't!

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

3 years and counting! I wonder how many people have not purchased Tron while waiting for this VE. 3 years where they could have been on the grid.

Almost picked up a TRON more than once over the past couple years, but a shiny new VE will come and too many other choices in the meantime.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

3 years and counting! I wonder how many people have not purchased Tron while waiting for this VE. 3 years where they could have been on the grid.

That was me. Gave in when I found a deal on an LE. Paying $8.8k for an untouched LE was MUCH easier for me to stomach than $7k for a modded pro.

Here is the odd part. Now owning an LE I think I'm supposed to not want a VE with ramp lights but I still think Stern should do it. VE should have the Ramp Lights, Drop targets and moving recognizer.

Maybe leave Daft Punk MB, Chrome rails, Silver board for inserts and Animated Apron off just to leave something else for the LE's out their. Just feel that if they don't at least add the ramp lights they are missing out on sales and profit.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Here is the odd part. Now owning an LE I think I'm supposed to not want a VE with ramp lights but I still think Stern should do it. VE should have the Ramp Lights, Drop targets and moving recognizer.

So you’re asking for a full Premium Level game (at a premium price of course).

Quoted from 85vett:

Just feel that if they don't at least add the ramp lights they are missing out on sales and profit.

The reason I disagree is because it’s so much cheaper and easier for them to give it the “Iron Man” treatment of just LEDs in the Vault. Whereas as soon as they put in the fiber optics themselves they have to jack up the price a lot. Plus they lessen the market for their current LE games, as they show anything special on them is fleeting. In my opinion if they ever do a VE, it will just be updates the the head, and LED. That’s the biggest market and least expensive to produce.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

would I re-buy it with so many other great games coming out?

THIS!!!
Was in for a Tron but with all that games coming out a Vault Edition would have at least to undergo major overhaul in the art department.

The new 'pretty' games make the old games look kinda ugly.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So you’re asking for a full Premium Level game (at a premium price of course).

The reason I disagree is because it’s so much cheaper and easier for them to give it the “Iron Man” treatment of just LEDs in the Vault. Whereas as soon as they put in the fiber optics themselves they have to jack up the price a lot. Plus they lessen the market for their current LE games, as they show anything special on them is fleeting. In my opinion if they ever do a VE, it will just be updates the the head, and LED. That’s the biggest market and least expensive to produce.

Yes, premium version with of course the prem price which, they would most likely charge anyways.

I don't think the Ramp lights are all that special towards the LE anymore with the multitudes of kits out their that mimic it. Doing what I mentioned still provides the LE owners their differentiator which is still way more of a separator than you get between at prem and LE of the current models.

Even making a prem with lit ramps, drops and the moving recognizer the LE still has:
- Active metal Apron
- Daft punk MB
- Silver boarder inserts for PF
- Additional Call outs
- Chrome rails & lock bar

As an LE owner of Tron as well as 3 other recent sterns I wouldn't have ill will towards stern. I'm guessing I'm probably in the minority their though but that's just my 2 cents.

#58 5 years ago

If Stern would do an upgrade premium (I don’t mind the stand up targets) but upgraded/different art package like Luci was to AcDc Premium. I’d consider selling my original re-run to buy a new version.

I believe Stern will simply make more pro version like IMVE with LEDs

#59 5 years ago

I'd buy and install cabinet decals on my existing game first. Would CONsider buying and swapping in a playfield with new art too. Would not buy an expensive TRONve that came with an upgraded LCD, because game doesn't need it. Also I prefer the older wooden style backbox. But it sure would be a lot of fun to play a TRONve with enhancements.

#60 5 years ago

I certainly wouldn't sell my Tron to "upgrade" to a VE, but if I didn't have a Tron, a VE would interest me. I don't like the new style backboxes that change the balance of the game's weight. Original Spider-Man and Iron Man both play nicer than the VEs (far more noticeable on SM, by the way), but AC/DC feels pretty close, just lighter.

As for what they could improve for the VE, they obviously could improve on the art and they could make the lighted ramps more dynamic. Redshift's lighted ramp mod is better than the original LE ramp setup, and Stern could easily replicate that for the VE and call it a premium.

Tron is a fantastic game and there doesn't seem to be quite enough of them to go around. I get asked to sell mine all the time. A VE for Tron, even if it was just the exact same as the original run would be great. An upgraded VE would be really cool to see.

#61 5 years ago

missing my LE, no matter the 3 years we keep it and the +/- 10.000 games we putted on it (with my son)

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Hard to argue with that. I sold Tron, kept Sinbad. And the cash.

I'd hold out for the uber-rare Sinbad VE

Sinbad (resized).jpgSinbad (resized).jpg
#63 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Put me in this category . I’m all in for a VE. I almost pulled the trigger on a NIB when Tron was released, and have regretted not doing it since.

2 weeks later
#64 5 years ago

Yes! And I am waiting for the day they bring them back.

#65 5 years ago

Waiting.....but losing interest fast

3 years later
#67 1 year ago

Would re-buy a Tron if Stern did a new run.

...or PM Pinfandango if you have a Tron for sale.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Would re-buy a Tron if Stern did a new run.
...or PM Pinfandango if you have a Tron for sale.

The world knows by know that Pin_Fandango is looking for a Tron!
Also, wanted to cast my vote as currently owner of a Tron, I would also get a VE.. I guess it would defeat the purpose of this thread! lol

2 weeks later
#70 1 year ago

No pms for Tron yet. I am confident one will pop up.

Or a VE one…

That would be epic!

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinball.
LOL.
I love when people say this, when we're all enthusiasts of an irrelevant ancient relic of a coin-operated game.

I love when people give the same similar repetitive reaction when there are a lot of enthusiasts that want to see a theme that has never been done before and are excited to hear the announcement of a brand new theme.
I think the question should really be, Would you like to see a new edition of Tron or a completely new theme all together.
I’m pretty sure most would choose the second option.
With that said, Tron is a very good game. One of the best.
Lol.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

I love when people give the same similar repetitive reaction when there are a lot of enthusiasts that want to see a theme that has never been done before and are excited to hear the announcement of a brand new theme.
I think the question should really be, Would you like to see a new edition of Tron or a completely new theme all together.
I’m pretty sure most would choose the second option.
With that said, Tron is a very good game. One of the best.
Lol.

I think VE of Tron would be great, and also LOTR. With newer tech.

Tron next movie is coming out sometime soon, so either a complete new game or a VE would be epic. For me is the music and atmosphere in Legacy with Daft Punk excellent score. I am day dreaming now…

Come on Stern gives a VE

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Tron next movie is coming out sometime soon,

Uh, no.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-who-previously-owned-a-tron-consider-rebuying-a-tron-vault-edition/page/2?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.