(Topic ID: 98605)

Would any previous Tron owners re-buy a Tron Vault Edition?

By Jeekayjay

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TOPIC POLL”

• Yes! I got rid of mine but I'd buy a VE. 34 votes
    30%
  • Nope. I got rid of mine and never looked back. 37 votes
    32%
  • I never had Tron, but I want a Vault Edition! 43 votes
    38%

(114 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Sinbad (resized).jpg
gem_and_quorra_tron_legacy_18092992_900_881_by_rene_l-d5trk5t.jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I had a Tron in the past.

I sometimes miss the pure pinball hack n slash twitch fest. No waiting for anything ever. (except the arcade scoop which is fast anyways)

It also ranks as one of the most awesome themes to me.

I would strongly consider buying a VE if it had some core improvements such as lit ramps and stock LEDs. (at least)

Special VE translite anyone?

If there was ANY integration of content from the upcoming movie...well...I think I'd have no choice but to get one.

Am I alone?

#2 5 years ago

I want Tron back! I should of listened to Centerflank... What was I thinking

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I want Tron back! I should of listend to Centerflank... What was I thinking

I bet Centerflank would be tempted to get a second one

#4 5 years ago

I had an LE. It was fun, but limited space dictates.

#5 5 years ago

I have one, so if it was same/similar I would just keep mine. But if it was a new edition art package I might buy the newer version.

#6 5 years ago

I had an original pro run...don't miss it a bit over metallica that replaced it. I don't think I'd ever want another one imo. not enough depth, try to hit quorra all the time so you can get through SOS. just didn't do it for me after 3 years anymore..

only thing I miss is the backbox decals.....those were my girls.

#7 5 years ago

I sold mine after about 3000 plays. I would buy another if the right deal came along, mostly for trade bait and maybe a location game.

#8 5 years ago

I bought another one while I still had one, just in case I wanted to sell one and was worried that I would want it back. Now I know that I can sell my Tron anytime I like and still have my Tron.

#9 5 years ago

Hard to say. Modern Sterns don't seem to stay very long around here.
If I sold my LE it would probably be for good. Big Hurt is getting more play these days. That one I would miss.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I bought another one while I still had one, just in case I wanted to sell one and was worried that I would want it back. Now I know that I can sell my Tron anytime I like and still have my Tron.

For real?! I love it!

Quoted from o-din:

Hard to say. Modern Sterns don't seem to stay very long around here.
If I sold my LE it would probably be for good. Big Hurt is getting more play these days. That one I would miss.

I don't think i'd switch out an LE for a VE myself.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

I don't think i'd switch out an LE for a VE myself.

For me, it's about as good a machine that has been made in the last 10 years or so, and I do like it. But it was kind of weird the other night when I had company that it was the only game that didn't get played.

#12 5 years ago

I've never had Tron. Never even liked the game very much (I suck too much to keep it from draining, like, instantly). But I just wanted to pop in here to say this:

I nominate o-din for the award of Best Avatar EVER. That picture is classic. Did you take it? And if so, how the hell did you get your dog to do THAT??? My wife and I have gone through three pairs of Depends pissing ourselves over that. I'd like to order a set of prints, please!

EDIT: And my apologies for hijacking the thread. Resume your convo, please - I'll shut up now!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For me, it's about as good a machine that has been made in the last 10 years or so, and I do like it. But it was kind of weird the other night when I had company that it was the only game that didn't get played.

Don't invite me over cause I will play the crap out of it

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

how the hell did you get your dog to do THAT???

He just picked it up after the baby spit it out.

#15 5 years ago

Don't invite me over cause I will play the crap out of it

Come on down! It's a tad nicer than the one at Disneyland.

#16 5 years ago

Sign me up for Tron VE. Got the IM VE, and it's dreamy.

#17 5 years ago

I want Tron back! I should of listened to Centerflank... What was I thinking

Told you so!

Quoted from Jeekayjay:

I bet Centerflank would be tempted to get a second one

I have been tempted, it was so fun modding it I wanted to do it all over again....Wonder how a "grid" hardware package would look on it?

gem_and_quorra_tron_legacy_18092992_900_881_by_rene_l-d5trk5t.jpg

#18 5 years ago

After looking into IMVE a bit more I see there would probably not be content from the new movie added to a TLVE...

I'm sure the rest of it would be impressive though

#19 5 years ago

sold pro, miss it, holding out for ve, or somebody tired of the le.......

1 week later
#20 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

sold pro, miss it, holding out for ve, or somebody tired of the le.......

Me too but I don't think I could pay what people want for their LE's

#21 5 years ago

Where's the option for Have a Tron and wouldn't sell it? I doubt a new VE Tron could touch what's available now. And if it becomes available with the mods everyone wants then I foresee a 7k price tag.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I doubt a new VE Tron could touch what's available now. And if it becomes available with the mods everyone wants then I foresee a 7k price tag.

I don't see a reason why a VE couldn't touch a stock Tron Pro. Probably VE would be better than stock pro cuz of the LEDs, cab art and new backbox style alone ( not to mention VE lit ramps from factory if they decide to do that)

#23 5 years ago

I found a deal on a local bone stock HUO that only had 400 plays, so I didn't risk waiting on a VE. I'm okay with it if they release a VE.... I won't be buying one.

#24 5 years ago

If they make a Tron VE, I'm buying one.

3 years later
#25 2 years ago

If they make a VE would it be on the new Spike system with an actual screen instead of the red dot matrix?
Like Star Wars?

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If they make a VE would it be on the new Spike system with an actual screen instead of the red dot matrix?
Like Star Wars?

Wow, resurrecting a 3 year old thread to ask that?

No, Vault games are released on their original platform unless they are only a Vault in name. The best example is AC/DC that just released a Vault edition on SAM, which is the same board set as Tron. Though I’d hate to see a red screen in Tron, because it looks so good in blue.

#27 2 years ago

Thanks...bummer. I’m spoiled by he newer tech and just can’t deal with the SAM screens.

#28 2 years ago

Not a chance. I used to be a fan of ve's. Not so much anymore. There's a ton of Trons out there. Go find one like everybody else. There are so many exciting new titles and new gadgets to be made. Why go back in the past?

#29 2 years ago

only game I had that I couldn't wait to sale, honestly!

#30 2 years ago

I would as long as they are not too pricey. I'm not playing along with all these price increases.

#31 2 years ago

Hell yes for sure...if they make it using the new cab design and LCD screen. Movie clips and graphics would be pretty bad-ass, what I felt was missing and hard to see with the original release...

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I would as long as they are not too pricey. I'm not playing along with all these price increases.

I am confident, if it was done, it would be priced as a premium

#33 2 years ago

Vault edition, the best cash flow machine for Stern without being tired.
..and with present-day prices please.

#34 2 years ago

My guess is Tron Vault this time next year, just like they did with AC/DC. What other games could they run other than another Iron Man VE?

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

What other games could they run other than another Iron Man VE?

LOTR and TSPP are also possible. Any of those three games would be successful as VEs (dependent on price of course).

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Why go back in the past?

Pinball.

LOL.

I love when people say this, when we're all enthusiasts of an irrelevant ancient relic of a coin-operated game.

#37 2 years ago

I'd buy a Tron Vault if they let Youssi draw/ paint his artwork.

I like that Stern now works with artists like Zombie Yeti and Christopher Franchi but that the playfields before looked like shit was not because of a lack of artists. Youssi is a classic graphic designer, he can paint in oil, comic book style and cobble just some clip arts together if wanted or thats the only thing Stern wanted to afford. - He delivers as ordered.

Not sure if the money is now there or the new guys are just cheaper but either way i'd like to see a playfield where Youssi has some more artistic freedom... and a paintbrush.

#38 2 years ago

I could get talked back into a Tron NIB. I’d want the lit ramps, code with the daft punk multiball, high res decals, and a mirrored backglass (or back to the 3D one).

4 months later
#39 2 years ago

I had a tron LE which I picked up for a bargain however the lock bar was slightly bent and it had some decent damage to the scoop hole and some decent scuff marks on the cab. I think it would be awesome If Stern made one based on the original.
Perhaps the colours they used on the EDOT arcade would be great!

#40 2 years ago

AB-SOL-UTE-LY, I have held off buying another Tron, one of my most hated mistakes was selling mine. Banking on a VE run sometime and hoping it happens to get one again(and hoping it has some upgrades).

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I think it would be awesome If Stern made one based on the original.

Tron '82 VE, shut up and take my money.

As much as I loved Tron the first couple years I owned an LE, I grew tired of the woodchop scoring. Well done '82 film art and Wendy Carlos music would be irresistible, though. My dream if I had more time (and enough money to waste a Tron) was to do that retheme myself.

#42 2 years ago

If I could buy one for the same price that I paid in 2013? Certainly.

For the price of a new Stern you can buy 2-5 very solid playing pins these days. I think I'd rather own a Sinbad again and keep the 5 grand+ in my pocket.

#43 2 years ago

I am waiting for the TRON VE too - already have money saved for that purpose.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I think I'd rather own a Sinbad again and keep the 5 grand+ in my pocket.

Hard to argue with that. I sold Tron, kept Sinbad. And the cash.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Tron '82 VE, shut up and take my money.
As much as I loved Tron the first couple years I owned an LE, I grew tired of the woodchop scoring. Well done '82 film art and Wendy Carlos music would be irresistible, though. My dream if I had more time (and enough money to waste a Tron) was to do that retheme myself.

IF they did a Tron 82 VE...I'd put it on a credit card if I have to.

#46 2 years ago

I sold my Tron to buy a Walking Dead....and now it's been a year and I've only just started to miss Tron....but with room for one more pinball machine, would I re-buy it with so many other great games coming out?

#47 2 years ago

I would buy Tron again in a heart beat! Unique layout, awesome music, it is top ten material.........and this time, I am not selling it!

3 months later
#48 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I would buy Tron again in a heart beat! Unique layout, awesome music, it is top ten material.........and this time, I am not selling it!

Awesome!

If they vault it. It'd be just the pro version right? Could they possibly make a VE with the light ramps? Or that would remain exclusive to LE?

#49 1 year ago

I would buy a Tron VE. But only if it came with the lighted ramps. All the mods i have to do over again. I don't want to have to do the lighted ramps install again.

#50 1 year ago

3 years and counting! I wonder how many people have not purchased Tron while waiting for this VE. 3 years where they could have been on the grid.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside