(Topic ID: 290395)

Would anyone want to reproduce the Tron: Legacy right ramp?

By boagman

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66B2A48E-2D7C-4A92-8E43-68E743851518 (resized).jpeg
    A10C1A03-03C5-4653-99F2-7FD735D24283 (resized).jpeg
    F474D1DE-5E1F-411D-9CFF-3E4A1E3155C8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boagman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I just bought one of these to replace the one on my machine that I bought with a *large* chunk missing at the entrance to the ramp...that's why I need to replace it. It was, to put it mildly, not cheap. Not that I'm complaining *in the least* about the seller, who generously was willing to part with his spare (his is somewhat damaged in a not-as-important place...), but this particular ramp has become basically unobtainium. I tried all sources, including the manufacturer and the designer...no dice. While I'm particularly happy to have a good ramp, now, it's become clear that these are not going to be rerun now, if ever.

So, with that in mind, before I go and install the ramp flap and install it in my game, would there be anyone out there that would like to use this ramp for a template to make more of them while it's still uninstalled and perfectly intact? I'd like to do what I can for the rest of the community if it would help.

Feel free to let me know. I'm easily contacted via PM on this site or via Facebook.

#5 3 years ago

Again: I'd be willing to offer the new one up that I just bought for a template's making sake. It's whole, and good.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Cliffy ramp protectors on Tron are a must. Once installed the ramp is almost bullet proof. I'm sure there are tons of Trons with both ramp entrances broken since they came only partially protected from the factory.

I'm going to do just that, but before I install it, I want to give the ramp-making community a chance to have a whole one to use as a template for recreating purposes. No one's reached out to me yet, so I'm starting to lose faith/not really care anymore. I've tried to be helpful to others, but if no one wants to make the endeavor, I've got no issues charging on with my full shop job.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

Freeplay40 has been very successful doing this however there should be some idea as to how great a demand there is to help him judge if it's worth the effort.
    When I had a NOS WABAC Ramp for my R&B it prompted a quick raise of hands and then I sent it to him. In exchange, after he was finished he provided me with one of the clones which came out better than the NOS ramp.
    Have you sent him a PM yet?

I have now.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

My left ramp needs replacing....according to stern, that part is NLA. Good opportunity for the ramp folks to repro.

Huh. The left ramp was/is available from several sources. It was the right one I had trouble finding. Here's a link to Pinball Life's page where it's listed as In Stock:

https://www.pinballlife.com/tron-le-left-ramp.html

You sure that's the one you're talking about?

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

That looks more like the right ramp lol. I need the left ramp.... between the left orbit and quorra shot

See, I don't blame you, because it's clearly odd labeling, but according to all Stern documentation, the ramp you and I are talking about which no one can find is, in fact, the right ramp. I know, I know...I'm right there with you. But please note that terms in documentation are essential.

4 weeks later
    #17 2 years ago

Yeah, I've basically given up on my offer at this point. I received *zero* interest from anybody who remakes/repros ramps, and while it's not installed in the game yet, it's inside the cabinet, and I'm just waiting for the Cliffy protector set at this point to do the big old shop job and install the new ramp I bought. My conscience is clear: I did everything I could to allow for the thing to be remade, but if there isn't interest from those who make them, I'm fine with that, too.

You'd think there'd have been some interest, though.

#19 2 years ago

They said nothing. They did not respond.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Why not PM them here on pinside? Your mail might have been automatically tagged as spam or whatever and got lost. Hard to believe no response from any of them.

Well, that's what I meant: I PMed them. And I should clarify: one got back to me saying no, and that another one would definitely *not* do it, and the other didn't get back to me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boagman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-want-to-reproduce-the-tron-legacy-right-ramp?tu=boagman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.