(Topic ID: 259915)

Would you trade two $6K games for JJP PotC LE?

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you trade $12K worth of pins for JJP PotC LE?”

• Hell no 143 votes
    69%
  • Hell yes 52 votes
    25%
  • I never bought a $6K pin so it's a dumb question 11 votes
    5%

(206 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6b59d965cf890c7db40693f34feee324 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200118-094402_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200118-094504_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200118-094537_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How many JJP POTC's do we think are out there?

1000 units: 650 LEs, 200 CEs, 150 Standards. These threads remind me of Android vs iOS. Walk into an Apple store and ask if the iPhone is any good. Then go to Best Buy and ask the Android guy what is better. I owned POTC, and while it is an excellent game, it takes forever to play, and isn't instantly fun to play, even after getting pretty good at it, well not for me anyhow... You really have to work at it, and keep working at it. I found myself gravitating to my other games after a while. But it is great for a certain type of owner. If I could sell the $6k games, I wouldn't trade two for a POTC. Just my opinion, I know some feel really passionately about this game. I'd definitely buy another for the original price, but that seems unlikely even if they remake them.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is how I feel about many of Keith's games. They are fun, but they can feel like a chore.

Seems like code can be too deep sometimes, and if the modes are too similar, they can get boring, even with 20 or so characters. Or the multiballs can become excessive. The modes on my TZ are very distinctive and more fun imo, although an easier game, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. How many people have made it all the way through JJPOTC? I wanted to give it another try and was looking, but ended up passing recently on 4 NIB LEs in Australia and Germany for around $10,800 to $11,500 shipped and 3 NIB CEs in Germany and Australia for between $14,600 and $15,500 shipped. For the cost of a CE, I’ve got R&M BS edition and JP2LE nib coming, which are more fun for me.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Guess I'm the opposite. I sold my TZ after years of owning one as the ruleset is rather repetitive and lacks modern rules design. Hearing that pop goes the weasel song 500x drove me nuts lol. Pirates rules on the otherhand change with every game thanks to the character abilities. The point of a game as deep as Pirates is that it offers enough depth and variety to keep players coming back for years. That's the type of ruleset I want if I'm going to pay big money for a modern pin.
Also, Keith Johnson himself has described his mini wizard modes as something players can reach on a great game (Destroy the Ring) and his super wizard modes as a mode you can reach on a game of lifetime (Valinor). I personally love that aspect of his ruleset design as there's always something to go after.

I’d definitely try another if they run more. Missed the NIB CE boat at $12.5k just a year ago...that’s ok, I prefer fast flow games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-trade-two-6k-games-for-jjp-potc?tu=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.