(Topic ID: 259915)

Would you trade two $6K games for JJP PotC LE?

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you trade $12K worth of pins for JJP PotC LE?”

• Hell no 143 votes
    69%
  • Hell yes 52 votes
    25%
  • I never bought a $6K pin so it's a dumb question 11 votes
    5%

(206 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6b59d965cf890c7db40693f34feee324 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200118-094402_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200118-094504_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200118-094537_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

This is a thought experiment, I am not thinking of doing it, just a question.

For example TNA + AFM or Iron Man + TAF or LotR + Deadpool etc..

I guess what I am saying if anyone paying $12K+ for a PotC that's the same as buying a Stern pro + Stern premium (or CGC SE).

#2 4 years ago

A Stern pro and Stern premium when combined in terms of total features and code may equal what's in a JJP POTC so I suppose that's fair. Then again, JJP POTC is probably 3 Stern pro games worth of features and code lol.

#3 4 years ago

i dont think anybody would get rid of two good games for one.

#4 4 years ago

I wouldn't sell mine for 3...the game is too good!

#5 4 years ago

Depending on what I had and how bad I wanted an PoC?

Sure.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

i dont think anybody would get rid of two good games for one.

Will have to agree to disagree here. I have done it several times. As long as one is secure in the financial congruency, no problem!!!
Second benefit, a new spot opened up!!!

#7 4 years ago

I would give it some serious thought, never say never.

#8 4 years ago

No, but I would trade POTC for three or four good games.

#9 4 years ago

Nope rather have two games than one.

#10 4 years ago

This isn't even a real question to me as it involves the LE which is added value for nothingness.

I mean maybe if I had 100 Jubilees to trade.

#11 4 years ago

No. I can't believe what the JJP Pirates is going for but guess it was expected
since so limited.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

No. I can't believe what the JJP Pirates is going for but guess it was expected
since so limited.

Your opinion (I assume) like me is that PotC would be great at similar to Woz prices.

However scarcity matters as Tron LE is upwards to a $10k?

#13 4 years ago

I voted yes. I am a flipper. And if I had someone willing to make it worth my effort to give up 12k in pins to get a jjp potc, then absolutely I would do it.
On the other side would I give up a pirates for 2 pins. Cant answer that because I dont have one. Would I give up my really nice twilight for anice fish tales and roadshow (or insert your choice of 2 wms games.) Hell no.

#14 4 years ago

I sold JJP POTC for $10,500 and couldn’t of been happier to be rid of it. The guy I sold it too kept it for less than two weeks. Lots of features doesn’t necessarily make a game more fun. Everyone likes different things. It’s undisputed that there are a lot of features in that game. The code and gameplay were unappealing to me. I constantly had to fix shit in it and that made me question what I was doing with my free time. I like a simple game that has a theme I enjoy and rules I get. My uncle has a Phantom, Aston Martins, etc, etc, but he drives a Rav 4 around everyday. If I had enough money and room and guys to fix my stuff I’d have games like that or classics but I prefer newer games that are reliable.

#15 4 years ago

Even if they would make another POTC run they be way north of $11k easy. Just too much
in features for my taste. Only played it hand full of times on location but too much for me.
Maybe I'm so use to my Stern POTC with the whole Pirate thing. Think I would rather have two newer Sterns.

#16 4 years ago

I played a good bit of Pirates when they were still around for sale but didn’t grab my interest. I do like the toys and whirling bits and magnets insert extra moving parts that Pirates has aplenty. But I didn’t love the rules (aka guidelines) as well as some other pins in my lineup.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I played a good bit of Pirates when they were still around for sale but didn’t grab my interest. I do like the toys and whirling bits and magnets insert extra moving parts that Pirates has aplenty. But I didn’t love the rules (aka guidelines) as well as some other pins in my lineup.

It's an incredible pin. I won't lie its tempting to sell it at these prices but I know I'll never find another one in as in nice condition and something similar to it. Its widebody pinball at its finest and there's still more to come with the games code.

#18 4 years ago

50 votes in and no one picked the 3rd option of I never spent 6k on a game. Says a lot about this hobby.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

50 votes in and no one picked the 3rd option of I never spent 6k on a game. Says a lot about this hobby.

not anymore i kid will change it back

#20 4 years ago

I’d entertain it for my SE. overall I really like the game but I’m always looking to rotate my games since I can only have 3, 4 pins max.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I sold JJP POTC for $10,500 and couldn’t of been happier to be rid of it. The guy I sold it too kept it for less than two weeks. Lots of features doesn’t necessarily make a game more fun.

I still remember the awestruck audience the they unveiled this game with the revolutionary triple spinning disc.

#22 4 years ago

I sold my pirates and bought a walking dead and Metallica with a good amount of money left over. The prices have gotten out of hand, in my small collection no way it's worth more than two very good sterns

#23 4 years ago

I have had my lord for nearly a year now. My biggest complaint is since buying it my other games have been relatively neglected.

I would never say never to selling but I can see it staying a looong while.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I still remember the awestruck audience the they unveiled this game with the revolutionary triple spinning disc.

I was one of those guys and I stuck with my preorder, kept the game for nine months and felt bad for not playing it. I’m a mediocre player and the rules and gameplay put that game out of reach for me I prefer my Deadpool to it any day.

#25 4 years ago

Mark this post, another run of POTC will be made this year and these new games should have the playfield issues resolved.

Edit: Panzer you can downvote me all you want, it changes nothing.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

another run of POTC will be made this year and these new games should have the playfield issues resolved.

Will they have the triple spinning disc perfected by then, or will the entire assembly be removed altogether?

Either way I'm sure we can expect different color trim and a substantial price increase.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Will they have the triple spinning disc perfected by then, or will the entire assembly be removed altogether?
Either way I'm sure we can expect different color trim and a substantial price increase.

Good questions, I am not sure I just heard from a trusted source that more will be coming later in the year.

#28 4 years ago

It just depends on what the two games are. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Am I crazy or was there a time when you could have got TZ + IJ both for $6k??

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Mark this post, another run of POTC will be made this year and these new games should have the playfield issues resolved.
Edit: Panzer you can downvote me all you want, it changes nothing.

You can buy my LE for $20k, special price for you

#31 4 years ago

i guess it depends on the two games i'm trading. If i got bksor/munster premium, bksor/munster pro, or oktorberfest then hell yeah i'm trading.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You can buy my LE for $20k

I wish I had 20k to throw around, I spent all my cash on medical deductibles

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I got them both for $5,700 combined. Ahhhh.. the old days, how I miss them.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I got them both for $5,700 combined. Ahhhh.. the old days, how I miss them.

Those were the days.

#35 4 years ago

I remembering seeing a NIB standard for 8500 (retail) a few months ago, PISSED I didnt jump on it.

#36 4 years ago

No, unless i got a deal on the two 6k pins and I only had 9-10k in actually cost to me. I like poc but there are now a bunch listed and if jjp does another run it would reduce the price instantly.

The ones people that are trying to sell now are not exactly flying off the market.

#37 4 years ago

TNA and AFM for a POTC LE ... yes !!!

#38 4 years ago

I would never trade my pirates

#39 4 years ago

I wouldn’t take 3 $6000 pins for my CE. In a home environment it is truly a masterpiece. Everything is for sale but at what point?

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

No, unless i got a deal on the two 6k pins and I only had 9-10k in actually cost to me. I like poc but there are now a bunch listed and if jjp does another run it would reduce the price instantly.
The ones people that are trying to sell now are not exactly flying off the market.

Where exactly are a bunch listed for sale?

#41 4 years ago

I stand corrected. There are around 6 LE’s for sale at the moment. Wish I would have had that many choices when I was looking a month or so ago.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Where exactly are a bunch listed for sale?

Pinside, 6 currently, “bunch” I used loosely but thats a good amount for the amount made and quality of the pin. I don’t blame people for posting them while the market is hot but seems like a new one is posted daily/weekly as of late and they are starting to sit longer.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

In the early days before ebay, pinside, or even high speed internet (insert annoying dial up modem noise here), I could run a truck to the Tennessee auction and fill it for under 6k.

Anyone who wants to get depressed can check out the prices on Mr pinball auction prices.

Screenshot_20200118-094402_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200118-094402_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200118-094504_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200118-094504_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200118-094537_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200118-094537_Chrome (resized).jpg
#44 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

In the early days before ebay, pinside, or even high speed internet (insert annoying dial up modem noise here), I could run a truck to the Tennessee auction and fill it for under 6k.
Anyone who wants to get depressed can check out the prices on Mr pinball auction prices.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

IJ for the same price of a topper from Stern.

#45 4 years ago

From Google - The U.S. dollar experienced an average inflation rate of 2.08% per year during this period, meaning the real value of a dollar decreased. In other words, $100 in 1996 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $163.78 in 2020, a difference of $63.78 over 24 years.

I just purchased a TZ in very good condition for $6,100. That's an increase of 625% from 1996 prices. If this continues the value of the game in 2044 will be $38,125

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

The prices are $3k higher than NIB, which was already breaking the new price barrier.

The fact that there are buyers paying above NIB prices is more significant than the speed of the sales.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The prices are $3k higher than NIB, which was already breaking the new price barrier.
The fact that there are buyers paying above NIB prices is more significant than the speed of the sales.

True, it probably matters to whom. Will that guy get 14.5k for his while others are 12.5k? Who knows and he might not care if it sits forever. Personally, I would be happy at 11-12k for a quicker sell but that’s my preference. I don’t know if I have ever had a pin sit longer than a week but I’d rather move them and make space. I understand I probably leave cash on the table but that’s fine.

#48 4 years ago

JJP POTC is the best pin I've ever played in a home environment. I have a pretty good lineup of Stern and JJP, including a Jurassic Park Premium I just got yesterday... And without a doubt, if I had to, I would trade a Stern premium and pro for JJP POTC. I think that only people who own a POTC at home, or played it in a home environment can understand that. I saw POTC on location and it wasn't nearly the same experience.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

JJP POTC is the best pin I've ever played in a home environment. I have a pretty good lineup of Stern and JJP, including a Jurassic Park Premium I just got yesterday... And without a doubt, if I had to, I would trade a Stern premium and pro for JJP POTC. I think that only people who own a POTC at home, or played it in a home environment can understand that. I saw POTC on location and it wasn't nearly the same experience.

It’s fun for me at home but most others I have had over to play it don’t enjoy it and tell they liked the Stern POTC better. Mainly novice players but I find the comments interesting.

I would consider trading mine for a Stern Potc and a MMR.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s fun for me at home but most others I have had over to play it don’t enjoy it and tell they liked the Stern POTC better. Mainly novice players but I find the comments interesting.
I would consider trading mine for a Stern Potc and a MMR.

Maybe novice players... Because I can see it being overwhelming with all the characters etc. When I have folks over it's not normally the game that picked because "there is too much going on". But I guess I assume we're talking about people who take the time to really understand the rules here. Good point though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-trade-two-6k-games-for-jjp-potc/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.