Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you like to see a Fortnite pinball in the future”

• Yes 16 votes
      12%
    • No 111 votes
      82%
    • Something else 9 votes
      7%

(136 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

495D9833-86E7-4B61-9A69-A81C4F2416D8 (resized).jpeg
    index (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Would anyone like to see a Fortnite pin in the near future?

#2 5 years ago

I would not be interested.

#3 5 years ago

Facepalm.

#5 5 years ago

Only if the ball flew in on a parachute.

#6 5 years ago

Fortnite is the worst thing I've ever let my kids play. I wish I never gave in. They are absolutely obsessed with it. I can't wait for it to go away.

#7 5 years ago

no

#8 5 years ago

Please God make it stop. No way. Can't get my kids off that game already.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

Would anyone like to see a Fortnite pin in the near future?

Fad. It would be over before the pin came out. BUT, if you want to do a Shazam pin and have him floss occasionally fortnite-style, I'd be okay with that.

#10 5 years ago
    index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
    #12 5 years ago

Will have 16" legs on it so the preteens can play it ?

#13 5 years ago

No, m.u.l.e.

#14 5 years ago

Not even.

#15 5 years ago
    495D9833-86E7-4B61-9A69-A81C4F2416D8 (resized).jpeg495D9833-86E7-4B61-9A69-A81C4F2416D8 (resized).jpeg
    #16 5 years ago

I think it’s pretty fun

#17 5 years ago

If it were the best designed and shooting pin ever made, I wouldn't go pickup that theme and bring into my home if it were being given away for free. (no exaggeration)

#18 5 years ago

No way! Please no! I joke around with my son on it and he tells me
    to go play your pinball and let me be! I thought the Minecraft was bad
    a few years back. Totally absorbed with this now.Ugh!

#19 5 years ago

that's a hard no

#20 5 years ago

Sure. I mean not me, but it's popular so why not?

Oh wait everyone hates it cause it's current, forgot.

#21 5 years ago

A pinball with micro-transactions... interesting

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure. I mean not me, but it's popular so why not?
    Oh wait everyone hates it cause it's current, forgot.

I don’t hate it because it’s current. I hate it with absoluteness because it’s basically the only thing I fight with my teen sons about, we go to world war 9 every week about the overuse/overplay and it’s the vain of their existence right now.

#23 5 years ago

I would hate to see the game for the collectors market, but if it were somehow being produced now and set on location, I guarantee it would be raking in a shit ton of quarters for operators.

Games that would need to be sustainable in the collectors market would be something timeless like Zelda, Bioshock, Mario, Fallout, Half Life (or Portal), and Uncharted. We’re long overdue for something like that.

#24 5 years ago

The players of Fortnite do not have the $ to pay for a game. The theme will be forgotten in a few years. Every machine based on a video game has been a dud. The people who do have money to buy a machine do not care about Fortnite. People who play a lot of video games usually do not like pinball. I could go on and on.

#25 5 years ago

You're gonna "take the L" for posting this thread..

This is the worst idea for a theme since Supreme, maybe even worse. At least tards that buy Supreme have money to spend. 95% of Fortnite players are likely pre-working-age kids.

And besides, Overwatch > Fortnite.

#26 5 years ago

Make it a fifty-player link-up game, and each player in turn is electrocuted when they lose the ball.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

People who play a lot of video games usually do not like pinball. I could go on and on.

I’m going to disagree on this one. If the people who play video games don’t play pinball, Zen Studio’s Pinball FX and The Pinball Arcade wouldn’t be profitable.

And let’s be honest, there have been very few video game licensed pinball machines throughout the years, and the ones that were made, were made either by Gottlieb, or early Stern during the great pinball depression. Not a good sample to choose from.

Imagine a Zelda based pinball machine made by JJP. The music alone would be epic. It would make the Hobbit look like childsplay.

#28 5 years ago

So you have 100 pins all linked by whatever, bluetooth/lan/wireless and you all start the game at the same time via an auto-launch

Making shots gets items/deals damage (a meter that when hits max tilts another player out)

How players are chosen for the damage dealt would be if how close they were to you in score.

Items would make the damage (tilt) meter go down. Till you were the last man standing.

Something something. Sounds like fun, but a pain in the ass.

#29 5 years ago

I'm a teacher. The reason why Fortnite rose to popularity is because of their Battle Royale, aka you vs 99 other people. Battle Royale isn't exclusive to Fortnite. So if a pin came out like "Battle Royale" I think it could be popular and I'd be interested in playing it because of the endless possibilities.

The game could start up where you upgrade your equipment, then multiballs is where you encounter enemies and engage in an attempt to kill them all and advance. There are some good ideas here.

But a Fortnite theme would be a poor choice imo. That's a fad.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

There are some good ideas here.

With the ubiquity of WiFi, you’d have thought that connected play would’ve been the next logical step in Pinball at some point.

With the thousands of, say, Star Wars games that Stern has made, there’s a pretty good chance someone somewhere is playing the same game as you are somewhere in the world. How cool would it be to have a random player linkup that you could battle. If they standardized scoring, they could probably find a way to make it work across different games as well.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

With the ubiquity of WiFi, you’d have thought that connected play would’ve been the next logical step in Pinball at some point.
    With the thousands of, say, Star Wars games that Stern has made, there’s a pretty good chance someone somewhere is playing the same game as you are somewhere in the world. How cool would it be to have a random player linkup that you could battle. If they standardized scoring, they could probably find a way to make it work across different games as well.

oh man, this right here. Wasn't Dialed In supposed to have something like this? I'd have a blast with it!

#32 5 years ago

Hard pass. If you want to make a pin based off of a video game there are many much better choices.

#33 5 years ago

Like joust, defender, and Pac-Man! Oh wait....nvm....

Quoted from Ericc123:

Hard pass. If you want to make a pin based off of a video game there are many much better choices.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Just in case you don't know, Multimorphic is doing this right now, their new game Cosmic Cart Racing will have this capability.

#36 5 years ago

So if I'm not mistaken everyone is pretty much on board for a Fortnite pin?

#37 5 years ago

I dont know what it is. I was told it's a console license. I like any pin so I would get it but not sure how appealing it will be or not

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I’m going to disagree on this one. If the people who play video games don’t play pinball, Zen Studio’s Pinball FX and The Pinball Arcade wouldn’t be profitable.
    And let’s be honest, there have been very few video game licensed pinball machines throughout the years, and the ones that were made, were made either by Gottlieb, or early Stern during the great pinball depression. Not a good sample to choose from.
    Imagine a Zelda based pinball machine made by JJP. The music alone would be epic. It would make the Hobbit look like childsplay.

I want to see a Halo Pin. Cortana is already there to guide you through the missions, Halo Music is awesome, definitely time for a GOOD video game pin.
    If it was my job not just my hobby there would definitely be titles like this tossed in, pinball needs new blood and Beatles and Elvira 3 isn't going to do that. The hobbiest in me though wouldn't mind an Elvira 3 not so much Beatles though.
    I don't think a Good video game theme needs to be tested with something so new or even super classic, thats kind of why i think Halo or Call of Duty something form the original xbox/early Xbox 360 or ps1/2 early 2000's would be a good choice . People that were in college in early 2000's should now be into the disposable income range, time to real them into this great hobby.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Like joust, defender, and Pac-Man! Oh wait....nvm....

Was thinking more like the Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, Halo but hey whatever floats your boat.

#40 5 years ago

No video game should ever be a pin.

#41 5 years ago

I think the license to get would be Red Dead Redemption. 2 is out soon and Rockstar would probably write off the license as free advertising on the video game. Pinball folks have been clamoring for a western theme and there would be tons of video assets to choose from.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

... we go to world war 9 every week about the overuse/overplay and it’s the vain of their existence right now.

We could be fighting them all them time aboot pinball...isn't that our dream as parents?!?

#43 5 years ago

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS! Video games are Video Games!
    By the time they got to this Fornite won't be a thing.

- World of Warcraft seems more viable

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I’ve been musing on a WiFi-connected pinball for a while. True multiplayer action would be awesome in pinball, but the issue is that people could potentially cheat and that would ruin it. Imagine you’re trying to nail shots and someone just has the glass off at home and is just tapping the jackpot over and over.

I’d like to see future pins have interconnected high score leaderboards and other interactive, multiplayer features! It’s the next logical step!

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Imagine you’re trying to nail shots and someone just has the glass off at home and is just tapping the jackpot over and over.

Multimorphic P3 has laser ball-tracking, so it can tell if you are cheating.

#46 5 years ago

Haha, I have no idea of what Fortnite is, but it must be bad based on the posts here.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

No video game should ever be a pin.

Sorry, did you say something? I was playing Bally Mr & Mrs Pac-Man.

2 years later
    #48 2 years ago

Still popular. I do think Fortnite would translate to well to pinball. Would also probably be a good candidate for online play too.

#49 2 years ago

no

#50 2 years ago

no. thank. you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-like-a-fortnite-pin?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.